BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Recently Graduated? Unemployed??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tbaby123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbaby123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recently Graduated? Unemployed??
    Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 9:40am
So I am technically not yet graduated from my masters program, but I have finished my coursework and all I have left is my thesis and to do an internship this semester.. SO I am looking for jobs.  It is honestly the most frustrating thing in the whole world. I've heard people complain about it but wrote it off as them not trying hard enough or bla bla bla.. but my goodness! it SUCKS ASS!

So i think we need a thread for our unemployed woes (I can't be the only one here unemployed..)

Annoyance of the day: An advisor told me that for certain positions, I shouldn't put my MASTER'S education on my resume -___- i'm glad i wasted 40K a year tuition just to not put it on my resume...

Also, i feel sooo useless cause I have nothing to do all day... also, I'm so poor i can't do fun stuff with my friends and whenever we go out or do stuff my boyfriend always pays and it makes me feel even more useless y'know? i mean he never complains about it and he knows my situation but like still...
Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 9:43am
You'll be aight. Are u considering moving out of state or country as options?
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 9:45am
what's your masters in?
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 9:48am
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

what's your masters in?
Well i just graduated in dec and don't have a job. But i can't get a job until i take my boards. 
r0ck_starr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote r0ck_starr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 9:52am
Girl I am so there with you!

I just graduated in June with a B.A. in History. I was headed to law school - teaching - then law school again. I've finally settled on wanting to be a special education teacher. However, when I first left college I couldn't find a job to save my life. I blamed everything from myself to my major and it seemed like everyone had a job but me. I finally got a full time job in retail in the mall as a manager in training. I hated it! I got another one to make more money and quite that too. It isn't worth being unhappy and folding clothes with a degree. After I quit, I took a long break and decided to look for something that I would actually want to do. I quit in the early part of December and I was unemployed for about a month. I was completely frustrated before I found something again. I was like how am I going to pay for my car and I'm tired of not being able to afford going out. 
Finally, I went on Craiglist as I do everyday and found a part time position at a non-profit about 8 minutes away from where I live. It's only part time but its exactly what I want to do. They're even giving me my own classroom to work with the special education students exclusively. So all I have to say is keep working at it and don't give up even if you only get a little ahead. Before I found work I tutored privately so make you find some fliers about what you're offering. Also, volunteer. I still volunteer at an elementary school. You CAN do this!
tbaby123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbaby123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 9:53am
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

what's your masters in?

public health... but the issue is that I don't want to work in what seems to be the stereotypical public health job.. which are community health centers and even hospitals.. I realize that I should've figured that out before investing my time and money into a degree but whatever.. you live and you learn.. so i am talking to people and researching other ways to use my degree in something I like slash in an environment I like.. if that makes sense
tbaby123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbaby123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

You'll be aight. Are u considering moving out of state or country as options?

at the moment no.. I want to stay here  (Boston) until I get my degree in May... but after that, I'm kinda free.. i have no children and am very comfortable moving even further away from my family lol I would like to stay in Boston for one more year though if possible 
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 9:58am
You should move to Canada ....I think stress is what drains most of students as soon as they graduate so much so that they dont enjoy the accomplishment in itself. Which is sorta understandable when u see some who get job offers prior to graduating, but dont be discouraged and trust that in the long run things will fall into place. You just have to be willing to go that extra yard sometimes.. and remember how to "sell" yourself in the best way possible. You gotta be cocky with ur abilities at times. Good luck !

*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:00am
what do people usually get jobs in with a degree in history? No shade i usually think in a museum or as a teacher or something.
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:04am
Maybe you should come to the DMV if you can, It is expensive but, there are jobs here.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic