Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Received my first lace wig today! dramas!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Aphelion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphelion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Received my first lace wig today! dramas!
    Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 5:25pm
I finally took the plunge and ordered my full lace wig from CLW! spent so much money on it and requested bleached knots at the hairline, when I received it the knots are not bleached!! So angry about this because I didnt want to do this myself. I have tried twice, the knots didn't change, I was over cautious, then added more, then panicked.  And won't try again because I paid $600 including shipping for this European style hair and it is gorgeous but these knots are killing me theyre so ugly. Im in the process of looking up faux bleaching but when I try my lace and hair gets covered in make up and the knots don't cover at all. 
         My other problem is that it won't style! I washed it clipped the hair back, because it won't stop falling in front of my face, covering half my eyes, which makes me look like a wierdo! the hair won't push back at the hairline and it just keeps falling forward, I ordered it to part anywhere but it came parted down the center and won't accept anything else. I contacted Annette from CLW and she said 'feel free to post it back'. Im from the UK! as if I can afford to send it back on top of what I paid to ship it here!  For the amount of money I paid it shouldn't be that hard to follow those requests. 

I will never buy from her again (although the hair is gorgeous and construction and density is good) because what is the point in ordering a custom when your requests (which are included in the custom form to request!) are not followed. 

I have having a battle with this wig right now. The wig is winning. I am so upset and don't know how to style this stupid thing and get rid of these ugly knots as hard as I try.
Sponsored Links

cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Aphelion Aphelion wrote:

I finally took the plunge and ordered my full lace wig from CLW! spent so much money on it and requested bleached knots at the hairline, when I received it the knots are not bleached!! So angry about this because I didnt want to do this myself. I have tried twice, the knots didn't change, I was over cautious, then added more, then panicked.  And won't try again because I paid $600 including shipping for this European style hair and it is gorgeous but these knots are killing me theyre so ugly. Im in the process of looking up faux bleaching but when I try my lace and hair gets covered in make up and the knots don't cover at all. 
         My other problem is that it won't style! I washed it clipped the hair back, because it won't stop falling in front of my face, covering half my eyes, which makes me look like a wierdo! the hair won't push back at the hairline and it just keeps falling forward, I ordered it to part anywhere but it came parted down the center and won't accept anything else. I contacted Annette from CLW and she said 'feel free to post it back'. Im from the UK! as if I can afford to send it back on top of what I paid to ship it here!  For the amount of money I paid it shouldn't be that hard to follow those requests. 

I will never buy from her again (although the hair is gorgeous and construction and density is good) because what is the point in ordering a custom when your requests (which are included in the custom form to request!) are not followed. 

I have having a battle with this wig right now. The wig is winning. I am so upset and don't know how to style this stupid thing and get rid of these ugly knots as hard as I try.

Pics please or pics of the unit style ordered.

Have you tried dampening the hair, parting it how you want it & tying a scarf on your head for a while?

This may help.

natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:55pm
OP, which company are you referring to when you state CLW...is this California lace wigs or China Lace Wigs?

As a newbie to the lace wig game I understand that it can be a bit overwhelming as you are expecting this gorgeous unit to come ready to wear but there is some tweaking required to get it just how you want it...take a deep breath and then try to work on each step.

First, hopefullyyou haven't cut the lace as yet as this will most companies will honour a refund/exchamge once the lace is untouched (I know you don't even want to consider that as you mentioned that you paid a grip).
 Second, as mentioned by another member, work on fixing the part how you would like to wear the unit by lightly wetting the area of hair that you want parted, make the part and then tye it down..you have to train the hair in the direction you would like.

Now in regards to the knots a lot of these companies state that they bleach the knots but it is either not done or not to our liking.  what did you use to bleach the knots with, how long did you leave it on...did you refer to the thread made by Ashley's mom on bleaching the knots.

I am in the same boat as you as I just received my first full lace wig and experienced some of the issues that you are going through.

Keep us posted and hopefully you can post apic so we can see what the dilemma is

Aphelion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aphelion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 7:03pm
Yes it's wet at the moment and I've clipped the hair back to dry and parted it properly to the side so hopefully! as for the knots problem, Im thinking of trying foundation on the underside of the lace, would that work? I don't know if it looks as bad as I think it does or not...or maybe it looks even worse lol you can see how difficult it is to pull the hair back in the first two. 
hairline

how the hair falls

Aphelion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphelion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 7:08pm
california lace wigs, they don't do refunds and rather than send it back I thought I'd try to work this out myself. I would try to keep bleaching the knots as I think Im pretty sure that I just didnt put enough on as I was over cautious and then when I put more on I panicked because it had been on for an hour by then. And I didn't measure the mix of products. But I would rather faux bleach than compromise the strength of the knots you know? so I'm looking at that. As for the hair and training it, I wet it down and flat ironed it and all the rest lol and it did nothing, was so stiff at the roots to move! so Ive now completely washed it, after the failed bleachings and have clipped it etc so hopefully in time this works.
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 8:03pm
Hey Aphelion,

I am no pro with lace fronts but I know that it is better to work with a higher density as you can always tweeze out some of the hairs.  I can see the little ants that you are talking about but it is typical to any lace wig or closure that I have seen..... check with CLW to see whether they have used fabric dye on thehair as I have read that if that is the case at times you need to use fabric dye remover prior to bleaching (rit dye remover) but PLEASE don't go down that road as yet..let's see if some vets chime in so that we can get her looking the way you woud like....I think the texture is beautiful and once the hair is trained you will like the appearance even more...part that baby again,, spritz and tie down for a bit...she has gotta give!
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:16am
Hi Aphelion

I think you can definitely make this wig work. The hair looks a little thick in the crown but trained that baby & she'll behave.

I would wet the hair completely and tie it down for houuuuuuurs.

I would also aim to faux bleach - if your tempted to re-bleach do a patch at the back where it won't be noticeable if things go wrong.
Aphelion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphelion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:09pm
Ill definitely keep wetting and tying it down until it goes the way I want, I don't want to use heat in the hair to try to style it because I want to treat this hair really well and damage it as little as possible
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Aphelion Aphelion wrote:

Ill definitely keep wetting and tying it down until it goes the way I want, I don't want to use heat in the hair to try to style it because I want to treat this hair really well and damage it as little as possible

I understand. When I get a straight unit I either do the water trick or flat iron it in all directions to remove the hump if I don't have time to wait for the water trick to kick in.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 1:36pm
Is this a stockwig or a customer wig? The density at the hairline is SUPER THICK!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>