BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Really White People???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 10:01pm
Everything in this thread is why I don't like talking about hair things with white people ever.  What is the best way to handle something like this really...you go off on them and "school" them you look crazy...if you don't say anything they see it as weakness and they just keep doing it.
Sponsored Links

HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Clear folks been trying it lately. Last year I wore a kinky curly u-part to work and got compliments on how cute it was how I should wear my hair out more often. They were shocked when I told them it was a wig. One day we're in a meeting and the manager complimented my hair and this one white chick said "oh I knew it was a wig. Your kind of hair can't grow that long."
@ at the ghost coloured bish

DeadDeadDead
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 1:14am
hmmmm....

I have a white hispanic co-worker who wear wigs.  Obvious wigs.  No one says anything. Why? because it's rude and could possibly be sued if they do.  It seems black women are the only ones expected to take the bullsh*t (from everyone white, black, other) and not take it personal when it is a low to the ground shading.   If they're going to speak on it there is no reason to yell.   All they had to say "is that a new hairstyle, it makes u look 10 years younger."  if they were going to say anything.
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 2:38am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

hmmmm....

I have a white hispanic co-worker who wear wigs.  Obvious wigs.  No one says anything. Why? because it's rude and could possibly be sued if they do.  It seems black women are the only ones expected to take the bullsh*t (from everyone white, black, other) and not take it personal when it is a low to the ground shading.   If they're going to speak on it there is no reason to yell.   All they had to say "is that a new hairstyle, it makes u look 10 years younger."  if they were going to say anything.

exactly...."is that a new hairstyle and K.I.M.....when they made that remark of making me look 10 years ygr....I gave the most WTF U TALKNBOUT look at and to them...they noticed  my expression and they quickly changed....

and no reason to yell....
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 2:51am
Originally posted by 305bgirl 305bgirl wrote:

Clear folks been trying it lately. Last year I wore a kinky curly u-part to work and got compliments on how cute it was how I should wear my hair out more often. They were shocked when I told them it was a wig. One day we're in a meeting and the manager complimented my hair and this one white chick said "oh I knew it was a wig. Your kind of hair can't grow that long.

"
Based on that last statement and the setting(the meeting), that was someone trying to shame you and making a racial insult. The Op had on an obvious wig and someone commented on it(they could have just been curious about it/idk their relationship or the tone ot was said in). Yt women wear wigs too. I was just in the hair store and this Yt latina was showing me the wig she had on.

if it were obvious, does not give them the right to embarrass me like that...they were loud as hell...i could of said something extremely cruel to them but then it would of came out as bad as what they had done to me....i was subtle with my response.....it's an attachment" telling them to cut the talk...
so be it....i just don;t think it is right for these clear folks to do this....the black females who do work where i work are so discrete of each other's hair...*whispering the compliment*white folks here all FUCCIN LOUD ....

oh well one day i will go off on these white bitches and lose my job and post it here of what had happened and i can imagine the responses...LOLConfusedCryDeadAngry. so for now i have to think of a very subtle comeback...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 2:55am
don't know Y our hairstyles are such a freakin dayum fascination with them...u have super long hair...Is That Your Hair or a Weave?, wear it in a bun and wear it down still wanna know if it is your hair or a weave...Your hair didn;t look that long while it was up"....

*rolls eyes*
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 3:27am

Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

Clear folks been trying it lately. Last year I wore a kinky curly u-part to work and got compliments on how cute it was how I should wear my hair out more often. They were shocked when I told them it was a wig. One day we're in a meeting and the manager complimented my hair and this one white chick said "oh I knew it was a wig. Your kind of hair can't grow that long."
@ at the ghost coloured bish

LOLClap
slykitten View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote slykitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 3:36am
I understand what you are saying, but why openly wear something you are embarrassed about people knowing the truth about?
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 3:59am
^^^^IMO.  it's not about being embarrassed (at least not for me) it's about dahcerum.  To say what they said and how they said it with no fuccs given...they don't know what she could possibly be dealing with.   I put my head on a block that if the OP was white they would have pulled her aside to ask about it.   If op was white and those women were black OP would have been "within her rights" to feel uncomfortable/put on the spot/some type of way.

That's what kills me about these situations....as black women we gotta be wide open with our sh*t to everyone.   We're not ever allowed to not want to talk about it.   Just like the lady that I mentioned on my job.    Folks know not to ask her about her hair and her sh*t look faker than anything a black woman could ever wear.

*yes dahcerum*

Edited by newdiva1 - Feb 12 2014 at 4:00am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style