Topic ClosedReally need help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
Mz.TiNg View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2010 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Laurensmom Laurensmom wrote:

I am not an expert (: but from what I can tell she is a beautiful little girl.  You don't let anyone tell her that her hair is Nappy!!!  I am adoptive mom and their is no way someone is going to say that about my little girl.  That can really hurt her self esteem.  No more perms, I would just let it grow and use a product from curls.  They have wonderful products and put it back in little twists once it grows.  I love black hair, she is beautiful!!!

There is nothing wrong with the texture of someone's hair being nappy. Not everyone's hair is meant to be straight, wavy,loose curls, or even nappy or kinky. There is nothing wrong with a hair type that is more nappy than curly,  it is the stigma people allow to be attached to that word, it isn't an insult. I don't understand the mindset of not allowing someone to "say that" to your child...if her hair is nappy, so be it. Learn to work with it, keep it moisturized and clean/neat. I don't think know...the OP pictures of her daughters hair prior to the perm...the child's hair doesn't look nappy, or even dry. Not sure why anyone pressured you into perming her hair..but what's done is done. You're here now...Wink and this group of ladies will surely help broaden your methods of dealing with your daughter's hair.

I do, of course, agree with no more perms. Let her hair do what it does...just will take time and effort to do it in a way that is suitable for you both.
Sponsored Links

Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic