Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Realistic expectations of 4c hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2013 at 9:53pm
Type 4 all the way here (A, B and C)

I learned that single strand knots ... learn to deal with em.
I learned that 4C hair shrinks like no other.
I learned that pH stuff really works.
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 4:42am
Do not accept the misinformation out there about 4C or tightly coily hair. It does not have to have knots or excessive tangles. So if you want to learn how to not have them, I can show you how. You just need to throw out everything you think you know about 4C hair and embrace the truth about healthy hair. Healthy hair does not get single strands knots a lot. Hair treated in a healthy manner does not get single strand knots. Tangles are not a part of having Afro hair nor tightly coily hair. Your coils do not love each other that much, lol. If you want to stop debating 4C hair and learn the truth go to Coilyqueensrock.com.There you will find about 30 articles on 4C hair or tightly coily hair. Showing you how to get your hair healthy and that it can grow down your back and you do not have to just accept single strand knots. Healthy hair is not for the lazy, but once you get a routine and get your hair healthy your haircare is easy. Just understand that it takes a minute to get there, also understand that it is a mindset change also. My hair is tightly coily and considered 4C. Yet, my hair is MBL, I wash my hair loose most of the time, I also shampoo my hair frequently, I rarely get a single strand knot, rarely, my tangles are minimum, my hair does not shed excessively. My shampoo routine from start to finish only takes 1 hour.... Check this, last night I fell asleep with my hair uncovered and with a twist out. Of course I did not mean to, but sometimes life gets busy and it happens. I am up early this morning so I run my fingers through my hair and it is still moisturized, I do have some tangles, but I have no knots. I have not styled my hair yet, I but I can easily run my fingers through it. My hair is very average, it is not coarse nor is it fine, it is normal density....So again, I say if you want debates okay, BUT if you want to have some good results with your 4C hair visit the website posted above. Learn the CoilyQueens regimen. Blessings!!!!!
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 5:05am
^^^Veemack, you and your hair are gorge!
katakana89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katakana89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 6:32am
Veemack I'm trying to stay up on the oiling routine but it's difficult, like keeping up with my water intake and stuff. I gotta set a timer for my water. Might have to get up earlier and do it in the mornings or something.
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Do not accept the misinformation out there about 4C or tightly coily hair. It does not have to have knots or excessive tangles. So if you want to learn how to not have them, I can show you how. You just need to throw out everything you think you know about 4C hair and embrace the truth about healthy hair. Healthy hair does not get single strands knots a lot. Hair treated in a healthy manner does not get single strand knots. Tangles are not a part of having Afro hair nor tightly coily hair. Your coils do not love each other that much, lol. If you want to stop debating 4C hair and learn the truth go to Coilyqueensrock.com.There you will find about 30 articles on 4C hair or tightly coily hair. Showing you how to get your hair healthy and that it can grow down your back and you do not have to just accept single strand knots. Healthy hair is not for the lazy, but once you get a routine and get your hair healthy your haircare is easy. Just understand that it takes a minute to get there, also understand that it is a mindset change also. My hair is tightly coily and considered 4C. Yet, my hair is MBL, I wash my hair loose most of the time, I also shampoo my hair frequently, I rarely get a single strand knot, rarely, my tangles are minimum, my hair does not shed excessively. My shampoo routine from start to finish only takes 1 hour.... Check this, last night I fell asleep with my hair uncovered and with a twist out. Of course I did not mean to, but sometimes life gets busy and it happens. I am up early this morning so I run my fingers through my hair and it is still moisturized, I do have some tangles, but I have no knots. I have not styled my hair yet, I but I can easily run my fingers through it. My hair is very average, it is not coarse nor is it fine, it is normal density....So again, I say if you want debates okay, BUT if you want to have some good results with your 4C hair visit the website posted above. Learn the CoilyQueens regimen. Blessings!!!!!

Wow.. looks as if you've learned quite a few things since you've been on BHM, Veemack..Before we finally educated you?

You made threads stating "There's no such thing as 4c hair".. yes, that was you.  Ouch

You also stated that "Vitamins were a waste of money" and that we should get our nutrients from "just eating healthy", etc.  Talia was one of many advocates for using Vitamins for Hair growth.  Specifically Nioxin.. and you opposed her.

And you look at you now!Smile  You've started a thread just raving about how wonderful vitamins are, and how they absolutely are a "must" for a hair growth regimen. You've even made a "Vitamins for Hair growth Challenge!!" And now? you have a loyal following of young ladies who never knew that you opposed these very ideas several months earlier.

Yes.. Veemanic.. We vets here at BHM have taught you soooo much.

too bad, you will never come down from the pulpit and give BHM the credit for what you are now preaching today.Ouch

you, self righteous, self serving hypocrite.

afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 10:58am
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

My shrinkage is so severe, that when i tried a Wash-n-go, it just went south within less than an 1/2 hour's time.  i had only 1" of hair on my head. One inch, if that.. if my hair could have reverted even more? i would have had baby dreds.. when it was stretched? it was shoulder length.

Not that i minded the shorter length, but my head is too big to try to "make it work"..Ouch

I felt sorry for my SO when this incident occurred.. We went out together shopping for hair accessories over in Oakland.  Sure enough, the hair kept reverting as soon as the air hit it, and i didn't notice it was happening.

Apparently, the hair style was a fail..Folks thought i was Traci Chapman on steroids...Ouch

granted, she's has the beautiful face/figure and head size for short 4c hair..

Thus, i learned that 4c hair has major/fast shrinkage, not a well-defined curl pattern, mine dries very quickly, needs moisture, and needs to stay in a protective style.

femme i lol'ed so hard at this, men i feel for the hubby
katakana89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katakana89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 10:58am
ShockedShocked

Wow.. looks as if you've learned quite a few things since you've been on BHM, Veemack..Before we finally educated you?

You made threads stating "There's no such thing as 4c hair".. yes, that was you.  Ouch

You also stated that "Vitamins were a waste of money" and that we should get our nutrients from "just eating healthy", etc.  Talia was one of many advocates for using Vitamins for Hair growth.  Specifically Nioxin.. and you opposed her.

And you look at you now!Smile  You've started a thread just raving about how wonderful vitamins are, and how they absolutely are a "must" for a hair growth regimen. You've even made a "Vitamins for Hair growth Challenge!!" And now? you have a loyal following of young ladies who never knew that you opposed these very ideas several months earlier.

too bad, you will never come down from the pulpit and give BHM the credit for what you are now preaching today.Ouch

afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 11:00am

hmm, i guess to each his own, whatever works eh
but i do agree with you on the fact alot of the stuff she spouting has been floating around here for years.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by katakana89 katakana89 wrote:

ShockedShocked

This isn't surprising at all, katakanaLOL

Veemanic Depressive first came on BHM, preaching about how to grow hair.  She was basically sat down or ran out of most of the site.. It doesn't matter whether you're a "professional hair stylist".. you can always learn a lot on this and other hair forums.  Being a "professional" was her claim to fame.

What she does now are what are known as "Hit and Run" Posts. 

they had a ball with her in the weave section before she was finally ran/laughed out of there with her tail between her legs.

thus, she'll venture out on the site every once in a while.  Now she's singing the BHM anthem as if she created all of this information by herself.  Pretty much everything she's preaching now?  is plagiarized from every one else's experience.

One day, she's totally opposed to information - then next thing you know, she's preaching from the pulpit  the very information she debated about.Confused

Thus, she stays down in the growth section with her few plagiarized threads.  And of course, folks who don't know any better - or won't do any research are her loyal followers.  BHM's search engine doesn't help matters either.Ouch

Everything i've ever learned about growing hair, i learned from this site, and LHCF... though i can't stand LHCF, i did learn a lot about nutrition, growing hair, and sexual intercourse from them. and yes, i STILL have to say "Thank you LHCF and BHM" for that..

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Apr 18 2013 at 6:12pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2013 at 6:08pm
Oh, and...

BLESSINGS!!!!!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>