| achampongadjoa wrote:|
Mind sharing your reggie with us? I need that kind of growth!
Lol...of course body chemistry plays a part, but for the
most part this is what I do that I found worked for me. My biggest
focus in my routine is moisture retention as it's the thing that took me
the longest to get under control last year.
#4 is really the
thing that's jump started my growth this year. It's the only new thing
I've added to my reggie in 2013 that I wasn't doing last year. At the
beginning of this year I was grazing APL and I'm now grazing BSL
(pending an upcoming much needed trim this week). My end of year goal is
MBL, but my long term goal I decided is WL as I get a lot of shrinkage,
even on stretched styles like twist outs, so I need to be WL to get a
twist out to be the length I want it to be.
1. PS during cold
weather months to maintain my ends and moisture, which usually means a
FLW that I just tootsie & pin. Or also if I know I'm in a busy
season and won't give my hair the attention it deserves.
But regardless of how I'm wearing my hair I always
do the following:
2. Minimal to no heat unless I'm doing a length check which is usually every 3 mos or so.
3. Hairfinity (but at times I've used other HSNs) + garlic pill daily4. Liquid Gold Oil (the one with sulfur in it) applied usually every other day but definitely 2 - 3x a week.
5. On nights when I apply the Liquid Gold I also GHE. So, depending on how moist my hair feels, I'll do this 2 or 3x a week.
6. Drink 64oz of water daily (or as close to it as I can get!)
7. Try to primarily only use all natural products on my actual hair *
- homemade shea butter mix
- terressentials mud wash
- ACV rinses
- homemade flax seed gel for hold
Wash hair 2x a month if I'm PSed. If I'm not, depending on my schedule
I'll do 1x a week since I'm only air drying and doing twist outs anyway
9. Henna 1x a month or every other month depending on my schedule.
10. Gym 3x a week
11. Try as much as possible to eat healthy!
Don't obsess over my hair and try as much as possible to avoid
unnecessary stressors. I know I listed a lot of stuff on here, but I
follow the KISS method.
13. Spritz my hair daily with a water/aloe/essential oils/MSM mix
*The only exception to this is if I
go a REALLY long time without washing my hair (in the event that I
actually tape a wig down). At that point, I know my scalp is beyond
dirty and I will use a store bought shampoo (normally Garnier or Herbal
Essences) to make sure that I've truly cleaned my scalp of all
oils dirt and build up.
Edited by modelbusiness82 - Apr 09 2013 at 5:53pm