Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Real Hair too long for a sew in??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 12:28pm
My hair is mid back length, and my install was super flat. I had 4 bundles of hair, and it looked great. She did a part down the middle for the first half and the second half my hair was braided into a beehive. You will be fine. It is all about the technique 
Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by LadyLovely LadyLovely wrote:

But wouldn't that happen if someone were wearing them often?

Umm I am not following your text .. if you wear them at all - you are gonna have problems. Go down to the hair growth section and read all those sad stories. :(

Yes, everyone's hair thins somewhat with age ... but (shakes head) that is not the same thing as what happens to your head after 15 - 20+ years of weaves, perms, braids etc. No, that would be different.

I think it's such a shortsighted goal really .. I don't have ONE 50 - 60 year old friend without permanent major hair problems .. UNLESS they always wore their hair either pressed (using a hot comb) or in some sort of natural style like a TWA, regular afro, two strand twists, pulled up afro puffs etc.

Their hair got a little thinner as they aged and it got gray but because it's natural they can use a mild Henna etc and color out the gray. So yes, they still have a full head of hair (no lost edges either).

But the ones that went with the weaves,falls, braids etc. - they are SOL at this age. :( No kidding. It's about longivity.

Again, don't take my word for it - ask any dermatologist about Black people's hair problems. He will shake his head and say ... 'just find a natural style you like and do the work to keep it well groomed or else in X years .. you are going to have problems'.

Hey, do you watch that TV show 'GRIMM'? I just saw an episode online from a couple of weeks ago. They introduced a new love interest for Hank (thank God!). I don't know her name but 'black don't crack' so she looks pretty young but I remember her in a TV series maybe 15 - 20 years ago (longer?)

Anyway, a beautiful girl. Well, she wears her hair in a short bob now and I can see they style it to hide her edges on one side and it's fairly thin.

Okay, she still looks quite beautiful BUT back in the day .. she wore a long weave. She looked great then as she does now ... but her head took a beating I think ... and that is why she's wearing a short bob and no weave because you hardly evvvver see a Black woman wearing a short bob like that on a TV show .. they are usually in weaves.

Another one is Tia or Tamera (can't tell them apart):) But I noticed her hair on The Real show and the day she wore her own hair ... it was soooo much thinner than iT was back in the Sister Sister day when she wore her natural curls. Really a shame - and she's like in her mid 30's. Again, everyone's hair takes it different - but clearly her head has taken a beating.

I know a LOT of women in real life like this though.

Anyway... this IS the weave section so people can do what they want. :) So feel free to ignore this post!!!!

I was just talking to that ONE OP talking about putting her healthy hair up under a weave for the fun of it.

My advice ... count your blessings babygirl and steer clear of them.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Umm I must say this.

Sometimes ... well, OFTEN weaves (the process of braiding, the wefts rubbing, the thread used to sew it on, the on and off again etc.) breaks your hair off. Ask any Dermatogist. I even have White gf wuth extentions that have shown me their bald spots. :(

I know everyone here will not agree but ... go down to the hair growth section and read. The number 1 reason for breakage, bald spots etc ... are weaves.

Everyone's hair is different though do if your hair is very resiliant .. maybe it will be okay longer than someone elses. Though at 58 years old I remember when weaves first came out and everyone (seemed like :) ) suddenly had long hair. It was great but .. 1 or 2 years in .. all of my friends one by one started having hair problems. I could tell you a lot but ALL of those girls now wished they had never gotten with the weaves to begin with because with that and the perm together .. their heads can never get back to the way they looked 20 years earlier.

You don't know me and yes, I am always giving out advice that nobody wants to take hee hee! But .. please reconsider trying this idea.

Just be grateful yout hair is healthy because once you start messing with it so you can look like everyone else ... it will NEVER regain the length and health it used to have.

Just leave your natural hair alone and groom it well. :)

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 10:51am
I wish the lacefront section was still popping so some people could go take several seats up there. 
miiszjanae View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miiszjanae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

I wish the lacefront section was still popping so some people could go take several seats up there. 
Word.
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 1:11pm
AMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 3:53pm
Printer does sort of have a point but It's well exaggerated. Some have really thick hair that can take braids and weaves with manipulation while others have naturally thin hair. OP you don't necessarily need to get a weave/sewin to achieve your look. You can cornrow your hair and wear a upart wig in the same texture as your own hair.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Printer does sort of have a point but It's well exaggerated. Some have really thick hair that can take braids and weaves with manipulation while others have naturally thin hair. OP you don't necessarily need to get a weave/sewin to achieve your look. You can cornrow your hair and wear a upart wig in the same texture as your own hair.

Bana now you wanna come in here making s ense Smile What rubs my Vigin Indian Wavy hair the wrongdirection tis, have you noticed she waits in the Cambodian jungle for certain types of threads to spew her Kindle book posts.

Lort I was almost ready to give her $.99 cents for her Kindle book in that other thread about the my weave don't look right cause its ks thread. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic