FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Re: DOMINICAN HAIR SALONS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
sexisamantha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexisamantha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re: DOMINICAN HAIR SALONS
    Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 6:36pm

hello my fellow beautiful girlies! ok i was looking through the forum which im sure many of you read.  As a dominican, i found the thread to b bit disturbing to me. I wanted to reply but its closed.. hmm..i wonder y? here it goes:

Okay,  I ain't hatin' but what's with all the Dominican salons in New York?  I mean, I applaud them for making their money, but usually the salons aren't outfitted properly.  I'm tired of holding the plastic around my neck and holding my neck at a certain angle to get the perm washed out of my hair.  They speak in broken Spanish and it's hard to get them to understand what you are saying.  I just went to one place on Monday and I brought my own products because I wanted to be sure of what was being used on my hair...the charge was $30 and she was pretty good.  The next problem is that the hair dressers are here one day and gone the next.  There's no consistency.   I don't think that overall they understand African American hair because they sometimes are too rough and want to leave the perm in forever.  Then  they want to blow your hair our after you sit under the dryer.  That can not be good for your hair, because they always use the highest heat. It's like frying your hair.

I guess the African American hair dressers are charging too much.  My old hairdresser (whom I love dearly as a friend )now charges $75 - $85 for a touch up!  That is not in my budget.  A wash and set is $45!!  After a relaxer touch up, I opt to do my own wash and sets, sitting under my own hair dryer. 

Any other sisters out there know what I mean?

Spread Peace and Love!

HarlemGirl132

this gurl is sure on some haterade foreal.. i live in the st8 hood in bklyn ny which happens to be a predominately black, & hispanic hood. trust im not racist one bit unlike the girl who wrote the forum above better yet my guess is that she is most likely a african american salon owner or hair dresser who is in serious comp w/all the dominican hair salons that are booming. Why do you think theyre booming?? this girl has no clue what she is talking about. Shes jus tryin to find any excuse to bash them.

number one dominican hair salons are way cheaper than african american hair salons & we do way more overall.

If language barrier bothers you that goes to show how closed minded you are. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to communicate with them the same way i communicate with Haitians, west indies ect.

dominicans use good products 90% of the time, and if you want to know what there using all you have to do is ask!!!

dominicans treat your hair like its thereís sorry but most african american salons really dont do that.

Btw: You seriously cant be that lazy that you cant hold a plastic ova ur neck

Also you cant expect to go to the hood pay 15 bucks & expected to be treated like your in a spa on park ave.

Ok let me explain something, most dominicans & blacks have the same hair. The difference is the care. Trust me, if any of yu were to ever go to dr youll see dominicans are darker than most of ya & have worst hair than the average black person. Obviously, harlem girl132 doesnt know her history. Anyway, dominicans are constantly treating their hair. Treating your hair is key to beautiful hair. You cant expect to have a banging body if you dont work at it.. well its the same for your hair. Please understand the dryer may be annoying but remember this will prevent the hair dresser from pulling it or flat ironing it. Bfore they even roller set your hair they apply a good leave-in to protect it. The heat is penetrating the leave in conditioner in every strand.  Dont you see the shine you get when you get out the dryer??? Also wen they blow out your hair they concentrate on the roots not the ends unless u ask  

I hope ya dont take it wrong but i been to many african american hair salons & also had my hair braided many times & they use cheap greasy products. Everytime im through with them my hair is flat, greasy & nappy looking.

The last time was new years eve because i couldnt find a dominican hair salon that was open. The hair stylist couldnt even straightened my hair correctly. It wasnít frizzy because she applied mad grease but jus curly in the roots. She flat ironed it & nothing. I actually had to take the blowdryer from her hands & do it myself because for some reason she thought if she applied more grease then my hair would stay. It looked ok the 1st day but looked dirty in the morning.

I tried a whole lot of places.  This is an ongoing issue. My hair been through it all & now that i have stuck 2 my dominican hair dresser my hair is more beautiful then eva b4. I basically told her my goal & concerns.  she stuck 2 a plan & made it happen 4 me. My hair has never been this long & healthy.

Why do you think dominicans have long hair? Even the black gurls that get there hair done with dominicans have long, healthy hair.  The salons must be doing somethin right dont you think???

Sponsored Links

UrMom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 11:01am
Well Dayum! Alrighty now!
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2010 at 10:18pm
lmaoooo
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 12:03pm
Dang you mad huh?  Well don't take it to heart because the one Dominican stylist I had in Indiana was pretty damn good.  She was certified to do almost everything.  The key word is certified/trained.
Sanchi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 2:02pm
well damn

i been to a domincian salon before
they roll my hair before blowing it out instead of other salons that pull and tug on your hair with the brush and blowdry
for coloring your hair they are the cheapest
since they go by length and texture

Zaharaluv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharaluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2011 at 6:49pm
Well the Dominicans ive been to had me fried, died and laid to the side ....and that's not a good thing !  The stylist I go to specializes in natural hair so she is very gentle.  But her prices are pretty up there but to me its worth it.
chinadoll77 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinadoll77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 2:15am
I don't hold things or hand things out when I get my hair done.Why am I paying you to provide a service if I'm going to assist you. That's like going out to eat, and having to prepare the food myself.....
queenb714 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenb714 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2011 at 8:59pm
LOL
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 5:57am
I prefer Dominican salons because they are cheaper and my hair comes out looking better.....but I know many African American stylists that don't use that technique but achieve the same results as the Dominican blowout and use better products but charge so much more.
Not all Dominicans have long, healthy looking hair and not all African Americans do either...it truly depends on the stylist and the products being used.
Luvee90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvee90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2011 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by chinadoll77 chinadoll77 wrote:

I don't hold things or hand things out when I get my hair done.Why am I paying you to provide a service if I'm going to assist you. That's like going out to eat, and having to prepare the food myself.....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic