Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rapunzel Me Hair Lounge review - long post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ksilver818 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ksilver818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rapunzel Me Hair Lounge review - long post
    Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 6:08pm
Hey ladies,

Since most of us in the DMV region have limited options for weave stylists, I wanted to post a quick review. I recently visited this salon after researching the Internet extensively. I mean YouTube, BHM, Google, you name it. I'm familiar with Reniece and Co, but they weren't taking appointments, so I reached out to two stylists at a fairly new salon near Baltimore.

Those of you that are familiar with the retired weave stylist Jehan, will recall that two stylists also worked with her. Kia and Melesha. Melesha owns Rapunzel Me and Kia also works there. After closely examining their full sew ins w/ closures, I emailed Melesha. Never got a response. I found a number for Kia and she got back to me that day and arranged for an appt. A $50 deposit was required to reserve the spot.

I got my hair from Wagmans on sale. Two 12 inch bundles of Superior virgin Indian remy natural wave for $215. Not bad. The hair arrived one day after I ordered it and Linda, the customer service rep that helped me, was amazing. Will definitely purchase from them again. Closure was ordered from GHOH. Brazilian natural wave - silk based.

Anyway, I arrived at my appointment and no one even turned around or looked up to acknowledge that someone even walked in. Not a good sign. I even said good morning ad no one opened their mouth. Ok. Luckily another customer came in and she and I had a great convo. My appointment was at 10. Kia started on me at 11. I didn't get out of there until 3. I don't know if its always like this, but if you book here, be prepared for a wait.

Overall, the weave is installed pretty well and so is the closure. The cut is ok, but is not as precise as I would like it to be for a bob. It doesnt quite flow the way I imagined it would. She used a combo of scissors and a razor to achieve the look. Luckily I am good with styling, so I have been playing with it and am comfortable with wearing this style for a couple of months. My total was $350 ( including the $50 deposit ).

What I did observe is that 90% of their customers are getting what they call the "Kim K" look. Full sewn in very long weave, parted in the middle with closure. This seems to be the look that they specialize in.

I can't upload pics for some reason, but if you're interested in seeing pics, message me and I will give you my Fotki URL. I created an album with a few pics.
Sponsored Links

natalie2u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote natalie2u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 6:13pm
I wouldn't go back.350 for what sounds like poor customer relations,poor customer service in regards to her late start and the cut wasn't even all that.No bueno..I don't care who she's affiliated with
ksilver818 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ksilver818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 6:19pm
I know. Wasn't pleased with the customer service aspect or vibe of the salon. Kia was friendly when she was doing my hair, but the owner never greeted anyone or even seemed to interact with any of the patrons.

Interestingly enough, I actually had a consultation with Shamira at Reniece and Co today. They opened their list for consultations/appointments a couple of weeks ago and I decided to book one just in case. Glad I did.
veedubbz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote veedubbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 3:44am
I had my hair done by melesha last September and experienced the same thing as you, although it looks as though they raised their prices. While I loved the install, the hair and closures are nothing to rave about. I can't get with that tangling.
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 2:30pm
Still stuck on the installation price....
LeeMari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LeeMari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 9:17pm
I haven't heard of Reneice and Co. But from what I know about Rapunzel Me, their hair line is basically trash. It's dry and doesn't hold a curl. As for the customer service, I'm sorry you had to experience that. I'm actually surprised because a few weeks ago Rapunzel Me was hosting a customer appreciation event with free wash and styles. I don't try to mess with these "instagram" hair stylists. Their prices are sky high and the installs aren't even all that tbh... You can find a better stylist for way less in Baltimore. My stylist only charges $275. I paid $350 for install AND a custom color job! 

Question: Was your closure job good? I hear that Rapunzel Me is having a closure class for those who want to learn her technique.
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 10:44am
Is Jehan shop still open? Dang I miss her...I will be flying hopefully next month to New Orleans to have my weave done..that is how bad it is in the DMV to find a good stylist that can do a bomb install and cut!!!! and do not charge you a lung...
mvanburen19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mvanburen19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 11:27am
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

Is Jehan shop still open? Dang I miss her...I will be flying hopefully next month to New Orleans to have my weave done..that is how bad it is in the DMV to find a good stylist that can do a bomb install and cut!!!! and do not charge you a lung...
Who is the new orleans stylist?
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 12:23pm
I remember when I was about to fly to DC in order to get my weave done by jehan. Too bad she is retired.
lilianjie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilianjie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2013 at 2:44am
I had my locks done by melesha last Sept and knowledgeable
http://www.rsgoldfast.com/ - RS Gold the same factor as you, although it looks as though they brought up
http://www.fitwowgold.com/ - WOW Gold For Sale their costs. While I liked the set up, the locks and closures are nothing to http://www.fifacoinfast.com/ - Buy Fifa Coins talk about. I can't get with that tangling.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>