canadiana_deleted View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rapper Blames P.Diddy for Jail Sentence
    Posted: Jul 29 2004 at 4:51pm
JAILED RAPPER BLAMES DIDDY
 Email  Archives
 Print  Reprint
PHOTO

Click here to view today's PageSix column on one page

July 29, 2004 -- HARD time has given Jamal "Shyne" Barrow a hard heart toward his former mentor, Sean "P. Diddy" Combs.

Barrow is serving a 10-year jail sentence at Dannemora stemming from the Club New York shootings on Dec. 27, 1999.

The rapper was part of the crew accompanying Combs, then-girlfriend Jennifer Lopez and bodyguard Anthony "Wolf" Jones when Combs got into a beef with Matthew "Scar" Allen. Shots were fired, hitting party people Natania Reuben, Julius Jones and Robert Thompson, and Barrow was arrested outside the club with a smoking 9-mm tucked in his waistband.

While Combs was also arrested but later cleared of all charges, Barrow was convicted of weapons possession, reckless endangerment, assault and attempted murder. And Barrow believes his "homeboy" Combs set him up by convincing a friend, Cerise Myers, to lie on the stand.

"She said that I pulled out my gun and started shooting all crazy, and that Wolf was telling me to stop. That's just the farthest thing from the truth," Barrow says in the September issue of Vibe magazine. "As my homeboy, how you gonna put somebody on the stand whose lie could put me behind bars for 25 years?"

The inmate argues that Combs could instead have testified that Barrow had merely acted in self-defense.

"All he had to do was tell the truth," Barrow says. "He could have just said, 'Matthew "Scar" Allen was arguing with us and threatening us. One of his doggies pulled out, and then I pulled out in self-defense.' That's all he had to do."

< = src="http://klipads.dvlabs.com/klipmart/campaigns/hbo007/hbo007a03.js" =text/> on error resume next MM_FlashCanPlay = ( IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash." & MM_contentVersion))) < id=km_fs name=km_fs src="http://klipads.dvlabs.com/klipmart/campaigns/hbo007/hbo007a03.htm" Border=0 width=300 scrolling=no height=250>

Though his jail term could have ruined Barrow's career, it seems to have done the opposite. The rapper recently signed a reported $3 million deal with Island Def Jam. His first release under the deal is due to hit the market on Aug. 10 under Barrow's Gangland Record Corp. imprint.

The album, titled "Godfather . . . Buried Alive," is said to feature recordings he made prior to his 2000 incarceration. The first single, "More or Less," features Foxy Brown and was produced by Kanye West.

However, Barrow will not be available to promote the album he is not scheduled to be released from prison before 2009.

Sponsored Links

juebee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2004 at 4:55pm
 I heard P Diddy was grimey from someone that I know who used to work at Bad Boy.  It's such a shame.  I do love me some Shyne though...
MarlaElyse View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2004 at 4:57pm
he is rapping from a collect call on usher's confession remix...
Pixie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2004 at 5:00pm
That could be truth because I think Diddy will do whatever it takes to protect his Bad Boy "empire".And not to mention millions.
juebee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2004 at 5:00pm
 Shut up!!!!  I didn't know that

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2004 at 5:03pm

Originally posted by MarlaElyse MarlaElyse wrote:

he is rapping from a collect call on usher's confession remix...

Wow, hopefully he gets paid for it.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2004 at 5:04pm

Originally posted by Pixie Pixie wrote:

That could be truth because I think Diddy will do whatever it takes to protect his Bad Boy "empire".And not to mention millions.

I agree!

Sheryse View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2004 at 5:09pm
I have always thought Diddy was a shady person, One of these days someone is going to knock those buck teeth out of his mouth make a dentist rich!!!
juebee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2004 at 5:13pm

Originally posted by Sheryse Sheryse wrote:

I have always thought Diddy was a shady person, One of these days someone is going to knock those buck teeth out of his mouth make a dentist rich!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2004 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by juebee juebee wrote:

Originally posted by Sheryse Sheryse wrote:

Ohhhh......

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic