Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Rant!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
CallMeLaLa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rant!
    Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 1:59pm
Ok ladies: So I'm at work and I decide to take my break. I go into the break room and sit down, and I notice one of my supervisors trailing in behind me. She's a lil older than me, so mid-to-late 20s, she's black, really pretty.
So, I notice she doesn't have anything to eat or drink in her hand, but sometimes I don't eat at work so I didn't think anything of it. I'm on IG so I have my head buried in my phone, but I can still see her standing over me. (Being on my phone doesn't make me blind). Then I see her index finger coming towards my head! ..."Can I help you?"

"Oh!! I'm sorry!!!"

Seriously heaux? Like, for what? So then she sits down at the same table I'm sitting at and stares at me for 2-3 minutes. Again I ask, "Can I help you?"

"Oh, is that your real hair?"

"No, it's weave."

"Really? Wow...really? Why do you tell people it's weave?"

"Because people keep asking."

"What kind of hair is it?"

"Kinky curly."

"Oh, well where'd you get it from?"

"The internet."

Seriously, I don't mind people asking and I don't mind telling. But attempting to put your fingers in my hair.. like, for what?? What do you want? Can I help you b*tch?

*Sigh* Ok, rant over, lol.
Sponsored Links

Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 2:21pm
I respect the fact that some people don't want people touching their hair. Strangely, it doesn't bother me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 2:35pm
I don't mind it if people ask first. I've let a couple of people touch my hair and my weave.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 2:37pm
In the lunchroom all kinds of the WRONG thirsty.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 2:39pm
For ME, it's usually non Black people that do this.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 2:42pm
Buuut, I live in a city that's 93% Mexican and if you don't touch the item (or person), that you complimented, it's considered "ojo"/bad luck.

If you tell someone "I like your earrings.", you're expected to touch them as well, so the owner doesn't lose or break them.

Same for a baby. If you say someone's baby is cute, you're expected to touch the baby, which is a big "no-no" for most Black folks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 4:40pm
@Princess Grace Yes exactly, lol. Good way of putting it.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 4:44pm
Be nice, aint nobody got time to be wrote up about some foolery when its really about she all up in her feelings about some weave that don't belong to her.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 5:01pm
@Cream that's a neat lil tidbit. I love learning about different cultures and the juxtapositions of cultural practices and traditions. However, lol, I did not receive a compliment, so the uninvited index finger is still lame.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 5:07pm
@Princess Grace That's the truth, girl. I have never let a chick, petty as she may be, mess up my money, honey.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>