FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rant

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rant
    Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 1:44pm

My mom has been getting relaxers and such for more than 30 years. 

From what I have witnessed I have seen her go to about 4 or 5 stylists, 

The first lady was alright she relaxed her hair, had her hair a blondish or always light brown color,
she used old tools though but that was before the flat iron was out

We started going to one lady who moved to a billion different shops and my mom always follow, this has been my moms favorite stylist..

I however stopped going to her once I went natural (best decision of my life ever)

Long story short ol girl dips out so my mom has to find a new person, some guy that worked at one of the shops ol girl was in...

He's been doing her hair alright but he does not do weaves, only her hair so he's relaxed it a couple of times, and colored it, 

In her opinion for the past years the people have not color her hair "right" because it comes out to dark...

In addition to the color and relaxers her hair is not veryyyy broken off in the front and she doesn't know or understand why.

She has worn some synthetic wigs as well sometimes with out a wig cap...

Anywho she wanted me to color her hair yet again since she went to some guy at the nail shop who colored her hair good once but then this last time it was too dark

so she had ol girl who came back take her to Armstrongs to purchase her professional hair color which she wanted me to put in...

I let her know the color will most likely not lighten her hair since she JUST got that dark color on her hair , but she wanted me to do it anyways..

Anywho its just sad to see my moms hair breaking off due to all of this manipulation and crap and she keeps wanting more.

Also ol girl put tracks braided across in her hair and everytime I take them out their all matted causing me to have to break some hair while trying to remove it. smh

Edited by Bribby - Jul 08 2013 at 1:55pm
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 2:01pm
Mom needs to go natural.
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 2:18pm
yep let all dat go
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 2:42pm
A lot of women are stubborn about going natural or even changing their hair are routines. Older women can be stuck in their ways. I tried to talk my mom into going natural as well, it was no I have bad hair, my hair is too nappy ughhhh. Hopefully your mother will see how great and healthy your hair is and maybe will consider going natural or atleast stretching her relaxers. All that double processing(relaxer/color) is not good for her hair and will continue to cause more breakage. I know it's frustrating, but when someone has been doing the same bad hair care practices for years, it's hard to change.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 2:55pm
My mom chops off everything every 2 months. She loves her auburn TWA. The thing is my moms hair grows very fast. In a month my mom can easily grow an inch. She says she hates long hair. Mean while Suga is here trying to get 2 inches and its been like 8 months!!!!!Angry
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

A lot of women are stubborn about going natural or even changing their hair are routines. Older women can be stuck in their ways. I tried to talk my mom into going natural as well, it was no I have bad hair, my hair is too nappy ughhhh. Hopefully your mother will see how great and healthy your hair is and maybe will consider going natural or atleast stretching her relaxers. All that double processing(relaxer/color) is not good for her hair and will continue to cause more breakage. I know it's frustrating, but when someone has been doing the same bad hair care practices for years, it's hard to change.

I understand what you're saying because I guess I was the same way before I went natural. You're right I just don't want my mom looking a hot mess but I love her regardless.

Why are older people so dang stubborn
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 10:27am
ShockedLOL

Not ALL of us are.. BHM taught this old dawg quite a few new tricks..Smile

Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 3:27pm
This reminds me of my mom. I keep telling her she needs to cut off all her hair and start over natural cuz its a tangled mess. She keeps using the never having time excuse.
ExotiqBeautii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExotiqBeautii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 2:06am
My grandma always calls me for hair advice too, and everything I tell her to do, she says she will, but always ends up doing the opposite. I can't help her physically, because we're all the way across the country from each other. But what I would suggest is having her watch those "hair journey" videos on youtube, more specifically, the ones where women get relaxers, watch their hair break off, and towards the end, they have beautiful healthy long natural hair. This may motivate her to go natural. Or if she doesn't, show her the healthy hair journeys for relaxed hair. Hope this helps!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic