Perfect Hair Collection

Random Wig Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 140141142

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 10:52pm
Fairy wigs...

i always thought they were "dodgy" with their wig prices.

There's a wig that i bought from Ebonyline which i absolutely hated when it arrived $70 + shipping and handling.

They are selling that same piece of crap wig for $136 for their regular price.

Now that it's after New Years, they've cut discounted it at 50% off.

i really have a problem with wig websites that use celebrity pics...
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:49pm
well, this is kind of weird.

i wear wigs as a protective style.  Usually curly ones that are as close to 4c as i can get which is 3c in the wig texture.

Either way. someone complimented me on my wig, (curly) and said: "Wow, i like it better when your hair is in curls, instead of when you wear your hair in a bun.  It looks so severe when you wear your back.  When it frames your face, it looks you look so sexy!"

okay, ladies, i have 4c f&*&cking hair.. it's not curly.. it's kinky. with it being so uneven and reverts so quickly, i cannot FRAME MY FACE with it.  the moment i let it down even for a "twist" bang, it reverts to 2" or less.. it looks like little dwarf potatoes sticking up on my forehead.

wearing it in a bun is probably the safest thing i can do for my hair.  Thus, now folks like my wigs instead of my natural hair due to lack of styling options.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 8:16pm
i was watching a you tube guru teaching us how to care and maintain our synthetic wigs.

They kind of get "caught up" on being cute/comical and get distracted from the information.

I need to know when you should finally "toss" you wig. what more can you do before you just say, it's not wearable anymore?

this one guru just said: "i see women walking around with a wig that gave up the ghost, long time ago".. and started being cute versus explaining what this means. 

i'm learning that giving up the ghost regarding synthetic wigs means:

It's texture has become stiff/brittle even after using fabric softener treatments/soaking..

the curls become frizzy or "crispy" even with conditioner  or wig spray

The wig loses it's sheen and becomes dull looking

the curls are no longer bouncy, but stiff/tangled at the ends.

the hair feels "wiry" and you can't run your fingers throughout without them getting "stuck".

honestly, ladies.. many of us are still new to the wig game. and at one time i really had no idea when to throw out my wig.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Apr 13 2014 at 8:18pm
darealtipwifey1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darealtipwifey1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 9:41am
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

i was watching a you tube guru teaching us how to care and maintain our synthetic wigs.

They kind of get "caught up" on being cute/comical and get distracted from the information.

I need to know when you should finally "toss" you wig. what more can you do before you just say, it's not wearable anymore?

this one guru just said: "i see women walking around with a wig that gave up the ghost, long time ago".. and started being cute versus explaining what this means. 

i'm learning that giving up the ghost regarding synthetic wigs means:

It's texture has become stiff/brittle even after using fabric softener treatments/soaking..

the curls become frizzy or "crispy" even with conditioner  or wig spray

The wig loses it's sheen and becomes dull looking

the curls are no longer bouncy, but stiff/tangled at the ends.

the hair feels "wiry" and you can't run your fingers throughout without them getting "stuck".

honestly, ladies.. many of us are still new to the wig game. and at one time i really had no idea when to throw out my wig.

Right... that's why I stopped watching videos to teach me how to do stuff. Most of them just want to be seen and not heard. I'll much rather be self taught. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 140141142