FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Wig Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

thanks Tousha!!

Thumbs Up
I really like the IT'S A WIG PERM YAKI STRAIGHT. Straight hair is not my favorite but I do like the wig a lot. Check out my YOUTUBE channel I have a review on it my Your name is TOUSHA8< ="text/" id="_tmpl">
Sponsored Links

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 10:48pm
okay!!

i did a you tube search and there you are.  i've looked at your other videos as well.  What do like about your tutorials/reviews?  you're not wordy, or trying to be funny.

your review on the wig was almost 2 mins.  Low key, straight forward.  love it..Wink

i watched someone else review the same damn wig?  5 mins.. not getting to the point and the "barking" put me off.

i hit the like button, for sure and of course, yes!  i'm already a subscriber.
Smile

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 7:15pm
Oprah Oprah Oprah...

I can't believe how many times i've seen this name thrown around in the wig industry.  Beverly Johnson has an "Oprah" wig, Vivica Fox has an "Oprah Wig" and The Vanessa Brand has an "Oprah" wig.. Plus, there are "Oprah" weaves.Confused

I decided to buy 2 different Oprah's and a straight wig:

Vivica Fox/Beverly Johnson are the same wig (oprah 2) with different names stitched into the cap.  It has loose curls, that are very soft/synthetic. Costs about $36-$38 dollars. Light cap, snug/comfortable fit, and a part in the front.

The Vanessa's version of "Oprah 2" is also synthetic made from kanekalon and is only $29.  This wig has more volume, with loose ringlets, vs. curls, part in the front. 

Both wigs are low lustre.. Which is a plus.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Nov 09 2013 at 7:16pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 7:21pm
With the Vivica Fox wig, i had to "treat" it right after it was received.  It had to be spritzed with water/conditioner, and wig sprayed due to fly-away hair, and errant curls.

The Vanessa?  I just gave it a couple of short bursts of the Denman wig spray?  and wore it that night.

Though the Vanessa may be of lower quality, (the kanekalon is soft, but you can tell, this wig will not last as long as the other one), i enjoy wearing it more so than the more expensive brand of "Oprah 2"..

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Nov 09 2013 at 7:21pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 8:25pm
i mustalso add?

Black Hairspray did a great job. i used to lurk on this forum back in the day, and man, the reviews were so bad, i even hesitated to order the 2 wigs from this company.

i received an email, and a shipping confirmation within 24 hrs. and had my wigs w/in about 3-5 business days.

unfortunately, i tried to re-order 2 of the vanessa wigs, and of course, they put a 1 wig limit on it.

Thus, we'll if my other go-to wig store will come through..they just recently dropped the ball due to Chinese holiday..

MetallicHarmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicHarmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 11:56pm
Waiting for my purchase from Ebonyline to come in. I ordered Model Model's Berrytini, Mint Slice, another Freetress Runway Girl, a wig brush, and a ponytail. I really hope I like them!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 10:09am
hmmm..

after buying 2 straight wigs... Yaki Perm Straight, and Vivica Fox "Rumer"

There's something i'm noticing that i never considered in buying wigs.

The cap itself.  For some, this must be second nature.. After about a year or 2 of wearing them, i should have that knowledge under my belt by now.Ouch

the It's a Wig Yaki perm straight is pretty much the same texture and length as Vivica's. 

Vivica's is a bit on the silkier side which makes it harder to keep pinned up, especially with the layering.  The "It's Wig" is easier for pin up styles, as well as a ponytail.Smile

The Vivica Fox Bio-Form cap is what makes her wigs a bit more expensive.  Once that puppy is on your head, it's not going anywhere.  It's a full cap stretch..and very snug, light and so comfortable.  No pins needed.

The "It's Wig" cap is snug, at first, but after few wears, it tends to get a bit looser quicker.  thus, i use bobby pins to ensure it doesn't slide.  Wearing a Mesh wig cap is very helpful for this.  The holes in the mesh help to ensure the bobby pins will stay secured.

2 good wigs.  Vivica's is more expensive due to the wig cap/slightly silkier texture.

It's a Wigs is more affordable, with more versatility.  After a few wearings, slip in some bobby pins if it feels a little loose.

MetallicHarmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicHarmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 10:36pm
Haven't worn Outre's Sofia out yet but I brushed her out and tried her on and OH MY GOD!!! She is soft, long, perfect color, not too shiny, and gorgeous!!! If she holds up fairly well she may become one of my stable wigs. I might have to order her in bulk! lol
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 3:59pm
some one posted in this section about ordering wigs..

i did exactly as i told them, and guess what?  it works.

when ordering from wig shops, i had a tendency to choose one of the more popular colors: (#1b, #2 or #4.)  I also gave them the option of a SECOND CHOICE. #P24/7 #P/30.

What most wig companies will do? they'll send the 2nd option.

If you want only one color, put it also in THE SECOND OPTION BOX.

Either they have it, or they don't.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 11:58am
okay....

I was ready to order my Vanessa Oprah 2 from Sam's again.  and guess what?  The color i wanted is "Out of Stock".. 

The wig is on sale $29.99 - but it in colors that i can't wear.  It's either these wig stores will only have ONE in stock, or it's out of stock.

damn the bad luck!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System