FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Wig Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 142>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 10:54pm
my old Stella wig was looking kind of "ratty" especially around the "nape"..

i might have a little more life in her.  i'll do a co-wash dip with a lot more conditioner.. after that? RIP, Stella, RIP...

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 6:34pm
gawd, i should have known better.

i received my hair from Ebonyline.com called the "Born Free Cutie, HH Wig".. there was nothing "Cute" about that pile of crap. 

I should have taken a good look at the pic before buying. The pic screams: "Camera angling, and Serious lighting affects - and photo shopping"..

That damn thing looks like something Tyler Perry or Medea would wear in one of his broadway shows.

don't waste your money on that company, ever!  What was really funny? i should have known better.  You know their Chinese - yet they have one of them that tries to do a "Valley Girl" accent. Calls herself Angela.. when i broke off into some cantonese, the bi&(&*tch "went for it".. if her name is Angela? my name is Barney Fife. and yeah.. i live in Mayberry RFD..

TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

gawd, i should have known better.

i received my hair from Ebonyline.com called the "Born Free Cutie, HH Wig".. there was nothing "Cute" about that pile of crap. 

I should have taken a good look at the pic before buying. The pic screams: "Camera angling, and Serious lighting affects - and photo shopping"..

That damn thing looks like something Tyler Perry or Medea would wear in one of his broadway shows.

don't waste your money on that company, ever!  What was really funny? i should have known better.  You know their Chinese - yet they have one of them that tries to do a "Valley Girl" accent. Calls herself Angela.. when i broke off into some cantonese, the bi&(&*tch "went for it".. if her name is Angela? my name is Barney Fife. and yeah.. i live in Mayberry RFD..

That SUCKS NEWBORN FREE WIGS ARE HIT AND MISS I GOT A COUPLE OF GOOD ONES THEN A COUPLE OF BAD ONE'S I NEVER ORDER FROM EBONYLINE.COM I HAVE LOOKED AT THE SITE BEFORE BUT NEVER ORDER. TRY TO SOAK IN SOME CONDITIONER OR FABRIC SOFTNER AND RESHAPE IT WHILE WET. FYI I AM NOT YELLING I JUST LIKE TO TYPE IN CAPS AND BEING LAZY DO NOT FEEL LIKE PRESSING THE CAP LOCK BUTTON BACK AND FORTH.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:28am
Originally posted by TOUSHA11 TOUSHA11 wrote:

That SUCKS NEWBORN FREE WIGS ARE HIT AND MISS I GOT A COUPLE OF GOOD ONES THEN A COUPLE OF BAD ONE'S I NEVER ORDER FROM EBONYLINE.COM I HAVE LOOKED AT THE SITE BEFORE BUT NEVER ORDER. TRY TO SOAK IN SOME CONDITIONER OR FABRIC SOFTNER AND RESHAPE IT WHILE WET. FYI I AM NOT YELLING I JUST LIKE TO TYPE IN CAPS AND BEING LAZY DO NOT FEEL LIKE PRESSING THE CAP LOCK BUTTON BACK AND FORTH.

okay, i gotcha!LOL

This wig maker was "Born Free before it became the New Born Free.. Which probably means, they had to shut down the old one and start over.

Here's a pic of the wig on a model.  Notice, the camera angle and lighting. You can literally look up the models nostrils and under her chin.  Now, if a person was wearing the wig and you were looking at them straight on?  it doesn't look anywhere near it.. it looks like a curly haired tarantula is stuck on your head.  Turn sideways, it sticks out in the back - and has the nerve to turn into that "old lady"  curl-under maneuver - at the last weft. PLUS.. I ordered it in #2?  i received the second choice of #1b .. it was totally jet black.. How in the hell can you explain to people that your hair went from #2 dark brown to #1 - jet black in less than 8 hours overnight?

and yes, i did the "soak" right after took it out of the package.  It loosened the curls - but still it looks like something those ladies in my old high school cafeteria would wear - under a net if they had any diginity.  I let it dry after the conditioning wash, and the next morning tried giving it another chance.  No dice. It looked even more ridiculous than before, so i just trashed the damn thing.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Jan 06 2013 at 12:30am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:32am
and unfortunately, i ordered this thing way back in early december may be around the 12th or the 14th.  after you posted about ebonyline.com the first time, i knew my money was as good as gone.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 8:30pm
wooo hooo!

looks like Samsbeauty beat my favorite wig store.  "Beauty of New York!"  i didn't think it could happen!

i ordered 2 wigs from Beauty of New York.  i accidentally put my cell phone number in the place of the "bank # on the credit card." It's usually a 1800 # while placing the order..

i called BoN, and left a message stating my faux pas.  and wondered if they would even acknowledge it.  apparently, they didn't.. 2 days later, i received an email stating they just "cancelled" my order.  Just like that..Confused No reason.. just cancelled it.

i decided to try it again, but with a "back up".. Samsbeauty.com. Granted they didn't have the wig that BoN had? but they had wigs that were close to the style that i like.  Short and tight curls/spirals.

Samsbeauty.com sent a shipping confirmation at the end of the day. on a friday..

BoN?  nada..

TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

wooo hooo!

looks like Samsbeauty beat my favorite wig store.  "Beauty of New York!"  i didn't think it could happen!

i ordered 2 wigs from Beauty of New York.  i accidentally put my cell phone number in the place of the "bank # on the credit card." It's usually a 1800 # while placing the order..

i called BoN, and left a message stating my faux pas.  and wondered if they would even acknowledge it.  apparently, they didn't.. 2 days later, i received an email stating they just "cancelled" my order.  Just like that..Confused No reason.. just cancelled it.

i decided to try it again, but with a "back up".. Samsbeauty.com. Granted they didn't have the wig that BoN had? but they had wigs that were close to the style that i like.  Short and tight curls/spirals.

Samsbeauty.com sent a shipping confirmation at the end of the day. on a friday..

BoN?  nada..

I LOVE SAMSBEAUTY MY ORDER USUALLY SHIPS SAME DAY OR NEXT DAY AND I GET IT IN 1 OR 2 DAYS. THEY HAVE A GREAT SELECTION AND PRICES LOVE IT.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:24am
so do i!  they definitely have exceptional customer service.

ummm.. speaking of which?  i posted about the comparison between BoN on Sunday.. maybe this is a coincidence?  But i received a phone call from Jay from BoN regarding my order.  I requested a wig they didn't have, thus, they called to let me know.

Now i find this strange, because my first order was cancelled with no question, no phone, nothing.

Whelp! we'll see what happens..  Good luck with that order Jay.. and i hope this works out.

Look as if they are doing like the other vendors and reading BHM..

Confused

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Jan 16 2013 at 9:25am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 3:12pm
looks like "beautifulhair".. is trying to pass herself off as a member..

ringing up the post counts..

lets see if she's a vendor or a troll..

you're in the radar, hon..

fanny

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 3:12pm
Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System