Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random thoughts
    Posted: Feb 06 2008 at 1:20pm
I think we need this kind of thread for this section. Smile
Sponsored Links

TransitAngst View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2008 at 6:48pm
Does it mean anything that my daily horoscope keeps coming true?!?! I usually read it after the day went by (you know, so I can't subconsciously make anything happen) and it always ends up being for real! I don't even believe in horoscopes, just read them for fun.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2008 at 9:02am

What would happen if scientists discovered there was a "god"?

The downside to being an intuitive is not only do you know basically what's going to happen, but it just leads you to more questions.  If you don't know when to stop, you'll end up running yourself in circles.

I am grateful for my gifts, but sometimes I wish I could learn how to control them better so I can deal with being around more people. 
acolyte View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2008 at 11:34am
I want to be more centered, it's my main obstacle when it comes to fully realizing my abilities.

As for God being discovered by scientists, IMO why it wont happen is that as soon as man can measure something that is the next step to putting it in a box and attempting to control it. And God sure as heck isnt going to let that happen.

I find it strange though that there are some people who I connect with so well. They tell me to get out of their heads because i can always say things that they are thinking, now if only i could expand that Big%20smile
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2008 at 1:00pm
Being an atheist is one of the more fulfilling things that I've encountered in my pursuit of truth.  It makes it clearer how full and vast our world is without even looking for the things I can't sense.  I spent so much time looking for meaning that I forgot to experience what was right in front of me.  I don't want to waste my consciousness on things I don't feel matter much to existence .  I don't have to connect with a deity or higher power to understand how we're all part of something bigger than ourselves.  There are enough people that feel they know God or are searching for God.  I'm content to let them have that pursuit as I search for something different.
TransitAngst View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2008 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

What would happen if scientists discovered there was a "god"?

I think that maybe Atheists would acknowledge the presence of a god with such proof, but they'd still hold on to their morals and believe in the importance and effect of "earthly" things. I'm not an Atheist, so I wouldn't know, but I think that's what might happen.
The problem would lie with people who do believe in a god. The Christians would say that it's theirs up there, the Muslims would claim it's theirs, etc. People would try to lay claim on the deity that has been proven. It'd be a mess. People who denounced science before would suddenly embrace it. Like my mom, who is always saying that "science is only there to back up the bible."

Edited by TransitAngst - Feb 07 2008 at 3:07pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2008 at 4:17pm
I sat and thought about if science discovered God and I really don't know what I'd do.  What sort of God..."man in the clouds" God or a more abstract sort of God?  If it was "traditional" God, I'd be freaked out and even more confused. LOL  I don't think I could really tackle the abstract God right now.  How would you detect something with no real definition?  Definitely a good random thought though Toyko. 

Edited by JasmineE02 - Feb 07 2008 at 4:32pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2008 at 7:02pm
Oh yeah...and why doesn't Runnin' post in here regularly? AngryTongue
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2008 at 8:03pm
What if archeologists discovered writings essentially saying the bible was a big joke? 

What would a Christian say if he/she died and found there was no hell on the other side and everyone they spoke negatively in the name of "god" about was there to greet him/her?

I just had a dream about Chronicles of Ridsausage.  I understand now why I love that movie so much.
acolyte View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2008 at 2:27pm
If the Bible was found not to authentic there would be mass suicides and hysteria world over, the archeologists who found the evidence would have their lives turn to hell as they are proclaimed to be tools of the devil ending with one of them taking their lives, many would ignore the findings and stay in the church while others would take other avenues of spirituality. Lets make a movie about that......

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic