Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Diets, Diets, and More Diets!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Random Thoughts: Weight Loss Edition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 22>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 9:53am
The good news is that I am not gaining weight anymore , on the other hand the scale has been stuck for 3 days.
LCHF states eat plenty fats.
Atkins states limit fats because when your body utilizes the 15-20 Net carbs, it will utilize the recent fat intake before, the stored fat. Which makes more sense.
I will be okay with a little more NC's, and a little lass fat.

Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 8:39pm
I ate a little more like Atkins rather than LCHF today.   Surprisingly, I could not get my Carbs up enough, but made it within a reasonable range.
Proteins were appropriate, and Fats certainly came down.   I did not have to put globs of butter on everything, but I was able to fit in my Coffee with Cream and Coconut Oil.   That is so delicious.   Wish I could have one in the evening also
Did some Yoga, and Zumba today, it knocked my off my bum
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 1:36pm
Still obsessed with the scale.
Not sleeping very well for the past 3 nights, having weird dreams
Continue to stick with my plan though.
Ordered Raspberry Ketones last night, hoping for a jump start.   Anything is worth a try at this point.

Did a little work with Resistance Bands this morning, and getting ready to do a little Yoga.
Yoga seem so harmless, just a little stretching, but noooo.
I felt the aches last night, and it was a good ache, so I am back for some more pain
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 5:47pm
Found out standing burns more calories. So far I did 3 hours standing today, not all at once, but 1 hr at a time.

Sounds desperate, doesn't it

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 8:24pm
Frankly, this turned out to be a lazy day. I was not as ambitious as anticipated.

I guess this replaces having a food cheat day.

I did cook my meats though. This saves a lot of food preparation time during the week.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 10:16pm
Oh I am so confused. Still enjoying my LCHF, but want to try Raspberry Ketones however, a diet high in fats will cancel out a fat buster like R K.   Which makes sense, but I don't want to make a drastic detour from my current way of eating.
I will most likely not add as much butter and oils to my meals, that way I will give the R K a fair shot.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 12:02pm
I am convinced...I need a deep cleaning. I am a bit anal
The Master Cleanse was not as effective as I had hoped, for this purpose.
Tonight I will probably try Epsom Salts. It is after all Mg Sulfate.
I tend to get bowel obsessed.   Checks and balances.   What goes up must come down, and it's not
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 5:11pm
Well my Raspberry Ketones 100 mg just got here .    It's right on time for me to start tomorrow especially since I will be taking MgSO4 tonight.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 7:50pm
Not much of an appetite today. Coffee with CO and Cream. The usual Salad and Chicken for lunch. Now it's Dinnertime, I am not hungry, but I cannot starve my body.   Maybe a Veggie Omlette with Avocado...yum.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:21pm

Are Epsom Salts Good for a Colon Cleanse?

Last Updated: Aug 16, 2013 | By Dr. Susan Jewell

Epsom salts have many health benefits, and for many generations it has been used for multiple purposes, including colon cleansing. The mineral is found in abundance as a natural earth resource and can be a safe method to detoxify and cleanse the colon. Magnesium sulfate is the major component of Epsom salt and is vitally important for many of the internal bodily reactions and functions, including muscle contractions, nerve impulse conduction and energy production. Epsom salt has been shown to assist in the elimination and removal of many harmful toxins and waste products from the body, the digestive systems and the colon. It is a natural way to cleanse the colon from all toxins and impacted waste matter.

Benefits

Benefits from using Epsom salts as a colon cleanser are derived from the properties of the magnesium and the sulfur components. Studies have shown that magnesium prevents arterial hardening and increases efficiency of oxygen utilization, which, in turn, will increase the blood circulation to the muscles of the intestinal wall to help peristalsis, or musculature contraction of the colon, to help the digested food move smoothly along the intestinal tract and prevent constipation. The properties found in sulfates are beneficial for a colon cleanser. Sulfates can eliminate and flush out internal toxins from the colon lining and help to increase absorption of nutrients from the intestines. It helps to improve digestion, produce digestive enzymes and relieve constipation.

Laxative

Cleansing and detoxification will help the body reduce the risks of many medical complications and maintain optimum health status. Many common digestive problems, including constipation, can be prevented by following a healthy, high-fiber diet, physical exercises and a colon cleanse or a simple laxative procedure like an enema. Epsom salt can be used as a simple enema to gently remove the compacted fecal material and hardened plaque in the intestinal and colon walls, help soothe the symptoms of acute constipation and decrease the side effects of using synthetic or chemical laxatives.

Safety

Epsom salt has been FDA approved for use as a laxative, but it is recommended to avoid repeating the colon cleanse procedure more than once a day to prevent many side effects, in particular, dehydration due to the "hyperosmotic" reaction in the body caused by the Epsom salt solution as it passes along the intestinal and colon lining. This reaction allows the extraction of water back into the bowels or colon from the body, which, in turn, helps to lubricate the colon and facilitate the increase elimination of waste and fecal matter; however, the process also depletes the body of fluids.

Warning

Always consult your doctor before starting an Epsom salt cleanse to relieve constipation or other digestive problems if you are already under medical supervision or management for an existing medical condition or on prescription medications. Avoid overuse of Epsom salts as an laxative, since this can increase the risks of symptoms of bloating, gas, diarrhea and dehydration. Drink plenty of water during an Epsom salt colon cleanse to replenish the body from the loss of bodily fluids. Using Epsom salt as a colon cleanser is a matter of choice. It has not been shown to be detrimental or cause negative consequences to the body if taken as directed on the product label or
following the instructions from your health care provider.

Formulation and Recipe

There are no standard formulations or recipes for making an Epsom salt solution to be used as a colon cleanser, but most experts recommend using 2 to 4 teaspoons of Epsom salt to one glass or 8 oz of fluids. Substituting a fruit juice to help mask the taste of the Epsom salts can be a good idea since the Epsom salt solution has a very distinctive odor and taste. Prepare a few days in advance of the colon cleanse and reduce the intake of solid foods during this period. Start the cleansing procedure in the morning and stay near a bathroom because the Epsom salt solution can cause the colon to empty completely.

Edited by Benni - May 20 2014 at 10:25pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 22>