Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

random thoughts weave style

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 21912192219321942195 2212>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 4.11  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
loveyessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveyessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 9:48am

My second attempt at my U part wig was an epic fail. I've literally never been so frustrated. I worked on it last night realized I messed up took it down and re did it in the morning and somehow I ran out of hair the second time and the dome cap covers half of my head(the other half would have to be left out).

UGH! Oh and I cut my wefts thinking that would help. I'm just going to dye my GHOH heat wave black and put that back in for now. But that will have to wait until tonight since I have a thousand plus one cookouts to go to.

mini rant I'm sorry ladies...
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 10:28am
Hope i feel well enough to install  in a few days . I am waiting to hear from bliss .
1KrysT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1KrysT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 11:20am
Originally posted by JNfromNYC JNfromNYC wrote:

Hey I hope I'm asking this question to the right forum. I just realized you can't ask a random question or create a new one (damn rules & regulations...).

So I've been wearing the Bohyme hair which has been great for my natural texture. Only problem is if anyone recalls their tragic issues some months back, I decided to wear the hair straight to make it last longer. Only problem is I had to also blow dry the hair I left out as well. So last time I took the hair out I had ALL this new growth; the back of my hair is arm pit length, The middle is like shoulder length but the leave out saw MAJOR damage. So I want to give it a break and get a closure. So far I'm teetering between the ONYC and that Heat Free brand but I have questions & hopefully someone knows...

1) Is it possible to still access my hair underneath so I can oil my scalp & attempt to nurse that section back to health?

2) Is there any way to "kinkify" ( I know not a word) the roots? My texture is I guess 3C/4A and I do not want a looser curl pattern

And I guess lastly if there are any tips or things I should keep an eye out for. This will be my first time installing one & I've watched tons of videos & I think I have the hang of it, but any additional assistance is appreciated!

The front of my hair is also heat damaged from frying it with a flat iron trying to make it blend with some straight hair...dumb as hell I know....anywho......I've been reading/researching the "beer rinse" where you rinse your hair in beer after washing/co-washing. Supposedly the acid restores elasticity in the hair. Haven't tried it yet, but I will on my next wash. My original plan was to just cut the damaged hair off about a 1/2 an inch @ a time......hth........
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by loveyessie loveyessie wrote:

My second attempt at my U part wig was an epic fail. I've literally never been so frustrated. I worked on it last night realized I messed up took it down and re did it in the morning and somehow I ran out of hair the second time and the dome cap covers half of my head(the other half would have to be left out).

UGH! Oh and I cut my wefts thinking that would help. I'm just going to dye my GHOH heat wave black and put that back in for now. But that will have to wait until tonight since I have a thousand plus one cookouts to go to.

mini rant I'm sorry ladies...

Just add a closure, no "upart" I did turned out right either CryCry I used the method Peak Mill showed on YT. HTH
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 1:58pm
I think Im gonna go Lavender with a wig Shocked
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 2:24pm
The mailman delivered my package to someone else.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 5:08am
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

Im sorry for your loss CryCryCryCry Hopefully they gave it to someone honest......

Lort I came out on the porch when I saw the UPS man pull up and go across the street, I was thinking they heffa dont never have a delivery truck and sure enough it was my stuff. 
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 6:31am
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

da hayelll.......Ouch
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:41am
The vendor is working with usps about this situation.   I also opened a case as soon as this crap happened.   
spencer4hire View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote spencer4hire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 2:58pm
Just a about a month into my Bdogg wavy install and it's straight up curly!
Guess it's true it gets curlier with each wash.

I'm wearing it in its natural state because if the heat and humidity in Atlanta, and it's so thick and lush.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style