Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

random thoughts weave style

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 21892190219121922193 2216>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 4.11  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 11:46am
i wanna try the reverse track... closures are too easy to mess up
Sponsored Links

Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 11:53am
Speaking of kinky curly hair, the absolute BEST detangling conditioner I've found is VO5 Silky Experiences in Island Coconut. That, plus warm water and a denman brush produced the softest detangled curls on some 2 year old, balled up stash hair. I could actually run my fingers through it when dried! And its only about $1.15! I'm about to stock up on this.
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Nigerian_princess Nigerian_princess wrote:

Speaking of kinky curly hair, the absolute BEST detangling conditioner I've found is VO5 Silky Experiences in Island Coconut. That, plus warm water and a denman brush produced the softest detangled curls on some 2 year old, balled up stash hair. I could actually run my fingers through it when dried! And its only about $1.15! I'm about to stock up on this.
Thanks
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 4:55pm

Originally posted by msjaim2 msjaim2 wrote:

Closure or reverse track method for kinky curly hair? I just want a smidge of hair left in the front and the perimeter

Reverse track if your hair blends well. I've had no luck with KC closures. They just never look right.

Im literally talking like 1/4" out at the front of the hairline and perimeter. .nothing my edge product/gel/toothbrush combo cant tackle...lol at least I wouldnt have to worry about leave out for the center part. Just dont know if I feel like fudging with a closure considering how much I work out and how hot I think this summer may be

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 5:09pm

Closure or reverse track method for kinky curly hair? I just want a smidge of hair left in the front and the perimeter

Reverse track if your hair blends well. I've had no luck with KC closures. They just never look right.

Im literally talking like 1/4" out at the front of the hairline and perimeter. .nothing my edge product/gel/toothbrush combo cant tackle...lol at least I wouldnt have to worry about leave out for the center part. Just dont know if I feel like fudging with a closure considering how much I work out and how hot I think this summer may be

No matter what I tell vendors, the KC closures i get are always so thick and unnatural looking. I've been reverse tracking my KC ever since my 2 closure tries went to $hit.
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 11:51pm
Now that I think about it youre right. Ive had like one out of 3 kc closures that didnt have the straight hair at the roots and perfect density. The best closure I had, as far as looking realistic, was this deep wave I got from an ae vendor, even though the wefts were pure sh*t. ...I think uve helped me make my choice though :)
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 5:58am
The roots are ALLLLWWWWAYSSS silky straight! Its the way they process it, I guess its impossible to start the kinks at the root. I've yet to see a good KC closure. Glad I could help :) I'm almost done my first KC u-part to wear once I take these braids out
Topaz Moreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Topaz Moreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 6:10pm
my ep zz curly permed came

it long as hell but these 9 oz may not be enough

dang i wished i ordered 12

imma have to make this work
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 9:22am
I wonder why vendors dont process the hair first THEN put the hair on the closureConfused
I also wonder could I use those tiny rods for perms and boil the closure so the roots wont be straightConfused

Im also wondering why you need a plan to fix some mess you paid $$ for...
JNfromNYC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JNfromNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 2:59pm
Hey I hope I'm asking this question to the right forum. I just realized you can't ask a random question or create a new one (damn rules & regulations...).

So I've been wearing the Bohyme hair which has been great for my natural texture. Only problem is if anyone recalls their tragic issues some months back, I decided to wear the hair straight to make it last longer. Only problem is I had to also blow dry the hair I left out as well. So last time I took the hair out I had ALL this new growth; the back of my hair is arm pit length, The middle is like shoulder length but the leave out saw MAJOR damage. So I want to give it a break and get a closure. So far I'm teetering between the ONYC and that Heat Free brand but I have questions & hopefully someone knows...

1) Is it possible to still access my hair underneath so I can oil my scalp & attempt to nurse that section back to health?

2) Is there any way to "kinkify" ( I know not a word) the roots? My texture is I guess 3C/4A and I do not want a looser curl pattern

And I guess lastly if there are any tips or things I should keep an eye out for. This will be my first time installing one & I've watched tons of videos & I think I have the hang of it, but any additional assistance is appreciated!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 21892190219121922193 2216>
  Share Topic