Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

random thoughts weave style

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 21092110211121122113 2212>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 4.11  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LovesLace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovesLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2013 at 6:11pm
What was the purpose of removing the members list and some of the stickies from weaves and weaves newbies? Ouch
Sponsored Links

LovesLace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovesLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2013 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by aelitaangels aelitaangels wrote:

Since I always wear my hair in box braids I've been thinking about changing up my hairstyle. This summer I've been wearing it out natural (since all the perm grew out with my constant use of protective styles lol) and I plan on getting Senegalese twists for my Fall semester. For my Spring semester I was thinking about getting a full sew-in 12-14 inch weave with wispy bangs in a chestnut brown color. Something like this:

I usually stick to my darker natural color, so I want to try a more brownish shade, plus I feel like bangs look better with brown hair. However I'm a little nervous since I feel if I overdo it and go to light it'll clash with my skin tone. I'm also nervous because I've never gotten bangs before so I don't know if it'd be a good look for me. Here's a picture of me for face shape reference:

What do you guys think? Would it be a good look for me? lol
I think most styles would fit your face and complexion. You could always add hilites if you want to try out a hair color first before committing.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2013 at 10:08am
Originally posted by LovesLace LovesLace wrote:

What was the purpose of removing the members list and some of the stickies from weaves and weaves newbies? Ouch
Ouch
lalaLeslie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2013 at 7:39pm
Idk if this is the right place to ask this, but I don't really want to make a thread for this. I've been trying to google this, but I'm not really getting any answers - so is it better to braid w/ or w/o extensions? Does hair stay more secure under a sew in w/ extension hair and does it get less matted w/ extension hair?

sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2013 at 8:26pm
Will be making an order next week from:
http://electcambodianhair.com/?page_id=15

And getting this hair: wavy/curly in 14 & 16, medium course , medium luster from Cambodia.
http://electcambodianhair.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/DSC_0011.jpg

I can't wait Tongue

Edited by sugaplum - Jul 01 2013 at 8:29pm
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2013 at 4:37pm

5 Year old little girls with weave pony tails down to the butt makes me sad .  

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2013 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Why??? Little White and Indian and Hispanic girls wear ponytails down their butts all the time. Baby girl doesn't want to feel left out.
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2013 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by lalaLeslie lalaLeslie wrote:

Idk if this is the right place to ask this, but I don't really want to make a thread for this. I've been trying to google this, but I'm not really getting any answers - so is it better to braid w/ or w/o extensions? Does hair stay more secure under a sew in w/ extension hair and does it get less matted w/ extension hair?

I prefer to be braided with a small amount of extension hair or thread.  It makes my base stable because my natural hair is fine/crawly and often unravels quickly.  I've never had a matting issue but I think it would lessen the chances with something added to the braids.  Just my opinion.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2013 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Why??? Little White and Indian and Hispanic girls wear ponytails down their butts all the time. Baby girl doesn't want to feel left out.

I think it's sad as well. They could be wearing there own hair down to their butts with the proper hair care. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2013 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by missyo67 missyo67 wrote:

Originally posted by lalaLeslie lalaLeslie wrote:

I prefer to be braided with a small amount of extension hair or thread.  It makes my base stable because my natural hair is fine/crawly and often unravels quickly.  I've never had a matting issue but I think it would lessen the chances with something added to the braids.  Just my opinion.

Thats what I think too. My hair is natural and fine, and would unravel by itself easily. Especially if I were to wash it, I think it would revert and get all tangled. Thank you for answering. I'm definitely going to use extension hair. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style