Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

random thoughts weave style

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 22042205220622072208 2223>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 4.11  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 1:31am
I was born and raised in STL . I want to share with my weave sisters a post by a brother on CCN related to the shooting . Check out the video on CNN. I Cried .

Editor's note: LZ Granderson is a CNN contributor, a senior writer for ESPN and a lecturer at Northwestern University. He is a former Hechinger Institute fellow and his commentary has been recognized by the Online News Association, the National Association of Black Journalists and the National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association. Follow him on Twitter @locs_n_laughs. The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author.

(CNN) -- I am tired.

Tired of our streets being peppered with dead, unarmed black people. Tired of listening to armed assailants describe how they feared for their lives. Tired of being told "this has nothing to do with race."

LZ Granderson

I am tired of having to march to have murderers arrested. Tired of worrying about my 17-year-old being gunned down by some random white guy who thinks his music is too loud. Tired of knowing the same could happen to me.

I am tired of seeing a hashtag in front of a victim's name on Twitter. Tired of seeing Al Sharpton speak on behalf of a family. Tired of waiting for verdicts and hoping for justice --as if hearing "guilty" can ease the anxiety of knowing a police officer shot and killed a 22-year-old black man while he was lying face down and with his hands behind his back.

Watch this video

Outrage in Missouri after death of teen

Mom: 'You took my son away from me'

I'm tired of the cynics who are quick to extend the benefit of the doubt to a gunman but hesitant to do the same for an unarmed teenage girl who had been shot in the face. I am tired of seeing images of police officers with snarling dogs threatening a crowd of black protesters and not knowing if it's from the 1960s or last week.

In the case of Michael Brown's death in Ferguson, Missouri, it's the latter. Witnesses said he was shot multiple times from 35 feet away after his hands were raised. Again, he was unarmed.

I am tired of the U.S. Department of Justice having to closely watch local authorities. I am tired of local authorities advocating for Stop and Frisk one minute and dismissing the notion of racial profiling the next. I am tired of the charlatans who chase the bodies of innocent victims the way sleazy lawyers chase ambulances. I hate black looters at peaceful rallies the way I hate the KKK.

I don't want to get shot by a police officer.

I'm tired of unarmed dead black people being put on trial.

LZ Granderson

And I'm tired of thinking that each time one walks by.

I don't begrudge anyone who has the luxury of not knowing what that kind of siege feels like. I just hope they have the decency not to characterize the socioeconomic disparity along racial lines as a card to be played but rather recognize it as a looming element of our cultural fiber.

For example, from 1934 to 1962, the federal government backed $120 billion of home loans. Because of an appraisal system that deemed integrated communities financial risks, less than 2% of those loans went to minorities.

When you consider that home ownership has long been the prerequisite for the average American to acquire wealth, there is little wonder why white Americans have 22 times more wealth than blacks. That is not a card being played. That is math. And I'm tired of having to explain that.

Just as I'm tired of watching the video of Eric Garner being placed in a chokehold by NYPD, listening to him say "I can't breathe, I can't breathe" and then watching him die minutes later.

But I need to keep watching because apathy is a clever hunter. It cloaks itself with FBI statistics and slips into the system between runs to Starbucks. Then one day as you're sipping your grande decaf mocha, you see a headline about an unarmed black man being shot and killed by police and think nothing of it.

Or worse yet -- assume he did something to deserve it.

I'm tired of unarmed dead black people being put on trial. I'm tired of politicians visiting our churches for votes but skipping out on these funerals

I'm tired of hearing mothers and fathers weep for children who did not have to die.

But most of all I'm tired of the people who are not tired like me.

Read CNNOpinion's new Flipboard magazine.

Follow us on Twitter @CNNOpinion.

Edited by india100 - Aug 12 2014 at 1:34am
Sponsored Links

Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 6:36am
Powerful powerful stuff.
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 8:33am
Kind of stupid for getting my hair done and school doesn't start for 2 weeks :/
ILOVEBEYONCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ILOVEBEYONCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 10:41am
I think I struck GOLD! After researching sooo much I decided that I can't go to any CVs as most are unreliable and I don't know any reliable IVs so they're out too. I'm not even sure what I typed in but man am I glad I clicked on the link. I'm in talks with the man in charge and instead of doing a big order (1 kilo and up) I'm going to order very small and test this hair in every which way from shedding to tangling to bleaching. I'll post pics when I get the hair and keep you guys updated. I have a GREAT feeling about them.
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 11:38am
I'm drooling over the coarse yaki hair from KCY right now....I really wasn't trying to spend that much on hair right now but I can seem to find a cheaper alternative. just venting. 
JaceDummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JaceDummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 12:01pm
But most of all I'm tired of the people who are not tired like me.
sweetApples9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetApples9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 12:24pm
I can't wait til I get my queen hair products bouncy wavy. I hope the texture is not ugly and the waves stay. :) I want to wand curl my hair and make a u part.
HaitianBeauty_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote HaitianBeauty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 7:50pm
Looting does not express being tired. They are not tired like me.

Edited by HaitianBeauty_ - Aug 13 2014 at 7:50pm
jayo2515 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayo2515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2014 at 9:21am
looking for a platinum blonde closure. any suggestions??
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2014 at 6:51pm
LORD HAVE MERCY !! HSN came out with polyester hair . People are buying like crazy . Wish I could get the picture to post .

373-322

As Seen on TV
Secret Extensions™ Featuring Daisy Fuentes

Be the first to write a review

$39.95

or 2 FlexPays of $19.98

FREE SHIPPING
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf