FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Random Thoughts- Tun Up LOUD!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 314331443145
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 19 Votes, Average 3.53  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2017 at 6:58pm
My Idol during my childhood . I will never forget meeting chuck at the age of 10 years old .  Mom made me wash my right hand after Chuck gave me his autograph and bowed down to me like I was a Princess . CryHeart RIP 

Chuck Berry performs at the Congress Theater on January 1, 2011, in Chicago.

Edited by india100 - Mar 18 2017 at 6:58pm
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2017 at 5:47pm

New mother, 25, dies after having a 'Brazilian butt lift' at a Florida clinic where another woman passed away just last year 

• Ranika Hall traveled from Missouri to Hialeah, FL, for the $3,500 procedure
  • She booked into the Eres Plastic Surgery clinic for the operation on Thursday
  • She was taken to hospital after she became unconscious and stopped breathing
  • Her death is the second to result from the same surgery in the same building
  • Heather Meadows, 29, died in 2016 when the clinic had different owners 

PUBLISHED: 07:35 EDT, 20 March 2017 UPDATED: 08:17 EDT, 20 March 2017

•  
  •  
  •  

View comment
s

A new mother died after undergoing surgery for a 'Brazilian butt lift' at the same clinic where another woman died during the same procedure just last year.

Ranika Hall, 25, traveled from Missouri to South Florida to have the cosmetic surgery after she became unhappy with her post-pregnancy body.

She booked the procedure at the Eres Plastic Surgery in Hialeah, near Miami.

Ranika Hall died after she became unconscious and stopped breathing the Brazilian butt lift procedure&amp;amp;nbsp;
+4

Ranika Hall died after she became unconscious and stopped breathing the Brazilian butt lift procedure 

At around 9pm last Thursday, paramedics were called to the business after Ms Hall had lost consciousness and stopped breathing.

The mother-of-one was taken to hospital but she died an hour later.

It is not known exactly what caused Ms Hall's death and Hialeah police, the Florida Department of Health, and the Miami-Dade State Attorney's office are investigating.

The Brazilian butt lift is a popular procedure that involves injecting the buttocks with fat taken elsewhere from the body.

The website homepage for the Eres Plastic Surgery clinic in Hialeah
+4

The website homepage for the Eres Plastic Surgery clinic in Hialeah

The procedure is advertised on Eres's website as costing $3,500 and includes 12 areas of liposuction.

Her mother Nicole Hall said her family had tried to talk her daughter out of getting the procedure.

She told NBC Miami: 'It's hard for me to grasp a hold of it.

'I know it's supposed to be a common procedure. I'm looking for answersRELATED ARTICLES

operation in At the time of Ms Meadows's death, the business was called Encore and was under different ownership.

The site has been a plastic surgery center for more than a decade but has changed names and ownership multiple times during that period.

Heather Meadows also died after undergoing the same operation in the same building while it was under a different name and ownership
+4

Heather Meadows also died after undergoing the same operation in the same building while it was under a different name and ownership

Encore plastic surgery, which is what the business was called at the time of Ms Meadowss death. The business has since changed hands and is now the site of the Eres Plastic Surgery
+4

Encore plastic surgery, which is what the business was called at the time of Ms Meadows's death. The business has since changed hands and is now the site of the Eres Plastic Surgery

According to her autopsy report, Ms Meadows died from fat clots that caused her organs to fail by blocking her arteries. 

Ms Hall's mother has now set up a GoFundMe campaign to raise funds to bring her body back home for a funeral.

On the page, Mas Hall writes: 'My baby left Wednesday perfectly fine and healthy which was the last time I talked to her and seen her.

'Her procedure was scheduled for 3/16/17 at 1:30pm Miami time. She sent a text at 11:40 Thursday morning letting us know it was about that time. Never knew that would be the last time I would hear from her.'

Edited by india100 - Mar 23 2017 at 5:52pm
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2017 at 9:07am
Stern Smile

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2017 at 6:29pm
Folks posting on other sites why they left BHM. 

10 reviews
55 helpful votes

"BHM used to be a force to be reckoned with when it came to hair growth, and topics of discussion. The owner, Russ, left years ago, and sold it to gawd knows.

It used to have hundreds of members, online, but due to YouTube, spammers, and other educational websites it lost it's followers. But the main reason? The last 12 die-hards that are left.

I hate to say this about the members in the Talk forum, but what's happened to it is sad. If you are open minded to dating other races other than black? Watch out. The 12 members will flame you off that TTT (Talk Talk Talk) forum faster than a horse can trot. They've been known to call black women that date other races - other than black: "bed wenches".. seriously?

If you state that education, working out, dieting (1 thread on that with several food threads), healthy lifestyle having cultural impact on the community, thinking of what we do today will impact the culture in the future, interacting/dating other cultures, learning from other cultures/languages, socioeconomic strategies, having class, self respect, and giving back to the black community should be tantamount? Well, you've come to the wrong place. They especially feel the "N" word is okay to use quite openly on that forum. But let a non-black person say it? Then of course, it's racist.

I was flamed off because the 12 members tend to believe that "twerking" is okay to do in public, television, etc. I countered them by saying: "Hey, how about showing off, your linguistic skills, your intelligence, showing off your college degrees, getting an education - and showing that off instead your butts?"

It was disheartening to see that these 12 members began loosing their minds. Especially when someone started the "gang up" with: "I'm sick of black folks talking about "getting an education" or "higher learning", etc. We can't we be us?"

Well, to be honest, sticking your butt in the air, shaking your a** while wearing tight shorts, might not get you as far as owning your own business, a degree, showing other cultures that we are just as competitive not only in dance, and sports, but in intelligence, as well as respect for your culture.

Of course, people of the same mind as the 12 members, joined the forum just to "give their 2 cents" - in favor of twerking, using the "N" word, stick to your own race, holy rolling, being fat, pigging out at fast food restaurants and letting it be alright to be a single mother - which most of them are.

They take amazing pride in their ability to flame in a group. To the point, they sit around posting about "Back in the good ole' days" where they had far more members that would flame people off the forum. And making people cry, or leave BHM because their feelings were hurt. Really? 

Well, it looks like it paid off. You had over several hundred members. And now, just twelve. Maybe 13 on a good day. Otherwise, vendors just visit the site, spam, and move on.

One in particular named "Afro-kock" yes ladies.. is a huge attacker on those who choose not only to date other races? But because they aren't interested in him. And he is the most spiteful and childish of those members (not surprising at all). He used to post pics of himself, and to be honest ladies? I wouldn't take this guy out on a leash. But he claims he's "gorge".. (short for gorgeous) at first i thought it was because he was overweight and had a tendency to "gorge" (food) a lot. At least that was my take on the pictures. The gym is not his place of residency. Not by a long shot, and he's just average - if that.

I love to see black people with a mind to move forward working together. Communicating in a positive way. Who believe their actions today will impact their culture tomorrow. 

Sorry, but you certainly won't find it on that forum. They are stereotypical - and proud of it."

Edited by india100 - Apr 20 2017 at 6:30pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2017 at 7:55pm
@India

you should have made it into a thread, or maybe it should have been posted on the bhm ever get new members thread. i feel like her review answers the question.

and she is right about the part on education; a member actually said to me that posting about scholarships wasn't going to help the black community...so i guess posts on random thoughts is what will help them. 

edit: just finished reading and she called out afro on itShocked

Edited by sexyandfamous - Apr 20 2017 at 7:56pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 314331443145
  Share Topic