BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Thoughts the Remix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 32743275327632773278 3279>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 3.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 9:41pm
Damn, Diane be thanking fast. That thank was there before I even saw my post on the page.

Edited by Mixer - Mar 10 2014 at 9:58pm
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 9:53pm
I need a vacation! I need to get back to the beach, that's my getaway from stress (and currently only getaway I can affordOuch).
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 9:53pm
Spring Break is in a month... I so want to go to NYC... it must be beautiful on springHeart
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

LOL so Diane, whats the difference between Jamaican Standard English (when theyre speaking so a non-Jamaican can understand) and a twang? Is the word choice different too.. or just the accent?

Would an American be able to understand the JSE just as well as the twang?

SJE = English with Jamaican words (we say bitter/sour where other english speakers would use tart, we use raw for fishy, whereas elsewhere raw= unprocessed etc etc ) and accent (the nuances of how we "sound: words, where we place emphasis and so on). A twang just ends up being patois with an american accent but because the patois can range from raw-chaw (WTF did you say?) to English peppered with patois the twang will vary.

Tessanne Chin From THE Voice speaks SJE. SJE will have flicks of patois here and there too as well especially in casual talk.

You'd prob. understand both. but SJE is clear, it's the speed of the language ( full patois , twanging)Cry that may confuse you. I speak SJE i knew patois but really got immersed in it at work (my mother still grieves over this lol) one of my coworkers said to me and I never forget " Diane! Yuh cyaan taak naahmal"LOL i was like but this is normal you country bumpkin

If i called you now you'd say i dont sound very Jamaican. I've gotten that on conference calls and requests to speak patois too. 
Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 9:55pm
I hope you get your vacation soon, saf.
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 10:01pm
Thanks for explaining, Diane Heart

I have a feeling you'd still sound super Jamaican to me LOL. You gotta participate on the next conference call

Whichever language you be typing in confuses the hell out of me sometimes! lol
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 10:09pm
I'll type in patois cause I'm typing fast or the thought came quickly or I'm surprised but that's how i know i'm comfortable with y'all cause I used to have to try to find the AAVE word to convey what i was trying to say. Note my use of Y'all instead of "oonu" i said lorttttt instead of LAAAAADDDDDDD (Lord) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieLviFehlG0
Here's Golden girl VCB twanging at the first REAL hard. put the Patois escapes. She sounds American british, hell even french at a point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qyZRpV-NFA
Here's Usain with some clear patois

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeuPzrsOCVc
Tessanne Chin with the SJE (but note the use of "ah" instead of "I")

LB i bet you $50 JMD that I dont sound Jamaican to you

Edited by Diane (35) - Mar 10 2014 at 10:11pm
Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 10:10pm
I still don't know what patois are.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

I need a vacation! I need to get back to the beach, that's my getaway from stress (and currently only getaway I can affordOuch).

I look at ur avi and I fail to see the big woop about the thigh gap....cause that right there is sexy...viva la thick thighs girls!
Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 10:19pm
GK, stop reminding me of my thigh fetish. AngryHeart
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 32743275327632773278 3279>