Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Random Thoughts the Remix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27442745274627472748 3094>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 3.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:03am
Sorry they should have a class for white women with non white kids. you cant be washing them poor babies hair with no more tears and think thats it.
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:06am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i wish my BDs sister would... 

just cus shes in your care doesnt mean you can do what you want to my child

i dont agree with straightening it either but thats her mom. 

I don't care if it's her mom. It takes two parents to make a child and my brother didn't have a problem with it. Her clueless ass obviously didn't ask my brother for his input before she put that bullshyt in my niece's hair. 

So if your man does it himself as opposed to his sister would you still be mad? What if he takes the little girl to a salon? Would you still have the right to be mad?
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:07am
It's all a matter of them wanting to learn to do their kids hair though. I follow a few hair pages for kids and I've seen a few white women who have learned to care for their mixed/black kids hair and probably know how to do hair better than I can.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:16am
I think I'm addicted to ebay shopping.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:28am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

me too

ive learnt to curb my habit though
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:29am
i would still be annoyed if the dad did it.. but not as annoyed at the aunt doing it.. if the dad told you to do it thats different but it sounded like you just took it upon yourself to change her hair.. 

what if that was the style she was going for..? if someone just felt like my daughters hair looked a mess and took it upon themselves to change it (im not talking about putting it into a ponytail.. im talking about you actually changing something that took me time to do) id have a problem with that.. 

imagine it being your child and like.. their white aunt saw that you had put braids in her hair and felt like it looked a mess.. so she just took it upon herself to take them out. 
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:38am
i wouldnt make it a big deal/say anything though unless it happened again.. 

its not that serious but it would annoy me. 
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:43am

i would still be annoyed if the dad did it.. but not as annoyed at the aunt doing it.. if the dad told you to do it thats different but it sounded like you just took it upon yourself to change her hair.. 

what if that was the style she was going for..? if someone just felt like my daughters hair looked a mess and took it upon themselves to change it (im not talking about putting it into a ponytail.. im talking about you actually changing something that took me time to do) id have a problem with that.. 

imagine it being your child and like.. their white aunt saw that you had put braids in her hair and felt like it looked a mess.. so she just took it upon herself to take them out. 

I think I see what you mean but that's not a fair comparison. I didn't significantly or negatively alter her hair. I groomed it while putting it in it's natural state. When I say it looked a mess, that is what I mean. I've only seen this child's hair done three other times. Once was for a wedding, once for her Christmas pic, and the other time I did it (on Thanksgiving). My brother told me usually she just wears her hair to school however she wakes up. Or they will straight up not comb it but force it into a ponytail. I usually don't mess with it because she is a child and her hair doesn't matter plus it's still curly so it's cute and so is she. But you don't send your child out of the house looking like the witch from The Sword in the Stone. That's just ghetto.

When I combed her hair on Thanksgiving it was because we were going to a party and I wanted my niece to look nice and feel proud. If she is going to be out and about with me I have the right to see to it that her hair is presentable. The way I see it they just don't have the time or patience to deal with her hair so I did them a favor. If her mom isn't bothered by her running about the house looking abused and neglected by the head that's on her but when she is in my care I see something like the above pic I reserve the right to correct it or her parents can find another sitter.

(No I'm not saying I would refuse to see my niece if I couldn't comb her hair but I'm saying that you can't always get what you want. I am her aunt and when she is in my care I feed her, entertain her, discipline her so why shouldn't I be able to comb her hair?

Edited by liesnalibis - Feb 23 2014 at 10:46am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:44am

i wouldnt make it a big deal/say anything though unless it happened again.. 

its not that serious but it would annoy me. 

If it has to happen again her mother will be receiving a call from me.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:52am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

me too

ive learnt to curb my habit though
Ditto. Mine is just dormant until the holiday season or until I decide to open the app back up.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27442745274627472748 3094>
  Share Topic