Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Random Thoughts the Remix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27432744274527462747 3094>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 3.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:27am
Lies, I understand and if the mama is cool with it then fine.

But if her mama intended for her hair to be straightened and you changed it then....big problem.
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:27am
My niece was so happy when I did her hair. She's almost three. I showed her a flat iron and asked her if that's what her mom had put in her hair and she said yes. After I combed it I showed her the mirror and she smiled and told me she doesn't want her mama to put that in her hair anymore. My poor baby!

Edited by liesnalibis - Feb 23 2014 at 9:34am
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:28am
I can't wait to have my brown kinky hair babies.
I saw a brown cutie yesterday
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:33am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Lies, I understand and if the mama is cool with it then fine.

But if her mama intended for her hair to be straightened and you changed it then....big problem.

I feel you but no it wasn't like that. It wasn't straight. I think her mom straightened it to cut it. It looked a mess. We were all commenting on it when we saw it. The mother is white and prob didn't know what to do with my niece's hair so she cut it. 

Anyway the way I see it my niece was in her dad's care at that time and her dad gave her to me. So it's pretty much the same as if her dad would have done it imo. And if she asks I will tell her she doesn't need to do that to my niece's hair again and if she needs any pointers with her hair just ask. But she ain't bold enough to come at me though.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:34am
Well then she's probably grateful.

Butta Cookie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butta Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:41am
I don't give a dayum if she'd be mad or not. Who puts a flat iron in a 3 year olds head? And if she's mixed it's a good grade of hair. Which doesn't require much maintenance. A little creme of something, water, comb and brush will do.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Butta Cookie Butta Cookie wrote:

I don't give a dayum if she'd be mad or not. Who puts a flat iron in a 3 year olds head? And if she's mixed it's a good grade of hair. Which doesn't require much maintenance. A little creme of something, water, comb and brush will do.

I agree. My niece's hair is fine and curly. Her mom's hair is stick straight. I think it was becoming to long for her mom to deal with. I wouldn't press any two year old's hair no matter the texture but to me that isn't even the type of hair that is supposed to be flat ironed. She could have straightened it with a roller set (not that straight hair is needed of course). After I sprayed it and lightly brushed and put it in two ponytails the results were big curls the size of your thumb. I can't believe she even made my baby sit still for that foolishness.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:49am
Good Morning

I'm tired and not from that mediocre sex I had Unhappy
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:52am
i wish my BDs sister would... 

just cus shes in your care doesnt mean you can do what you want to my child

i dont agree with straightening it either but thats her mom. 
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:57am
Also my nephew told me out of the blue that he wants to be white. I didn't even know he knew about race. He and his sister are very light skinned and he has wavy hair. He said his mom told him that she's white and he's brown like his dad. I don't know why she told him that or who brought it up. He just made four. I just told him not to say it around me and that if he did I would tell his dad and he said "No....." I thought my nephew was innocent. I was watching some show with them on that preschool channel one day (can't think of the name) and this little white girl was about to do her ballet recital. Her teacher was a black women with natural hair and she knelt in front of the white girl to give her encouragement before she went out. I asked my niece, just to see what she would say, "Is that her mom?" And my niece said "Yeah" and my nephew said "Yeah that's, that's her mama." I thought it was so cute and innocent. I don't know why she's telling those kids about race at that age. They go to school with mostly white kids but a few black too. Also my nephew corrected me when I called a man on the movie we were watching a little while ago black. He said, "No, he's brown."
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27432744274527462747 3094>
  Share Topic