Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Random Thoughts the Remix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 30803081308230833084 3094>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 3.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 12:19pm
Claim it island suga!!
Sponsored Links

sweet_n_stuff04 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sweet_n_stuff04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 12:24pm
I got bronchitis... ain't nobody got time for this :-(
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 12:26pm
Ahh ok thanks guys . I wonder if it differs depending which country the parents moved to

I would have thought the answer would be a definite no in most cases
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 12:27pm
But why they gotta be "different and standing out" instead of embracing their culture, afro
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Hey Cherry, do ppl in England, who were born in England to American parents (who spent most of their lives in America) call themselves American?

To clarify..the offspring has never lived in America..But the parents are from America and a lot of generations before that were from America

I'm Jamaican. First born Jamaicans tend to call themselves Jamaicans yes cause it's generally always cool to be Jamaican. you'll hear them refer to themselves as Jamericans. Also and we're generalizing here, the more you visit the country the more you can identify with it, you know. Some have to visit. Jamaica in the summer and winter so the closeness is there other never see Jamaica but the parents keep it alive. Plus legally they can claim it cause the law allows for anyone with one parent or grandparent = automatic Jamaican citizen so we can claim Biggie, Busta and Naomi

Then on the flip side there are those who reject their Jamaican-ness and embrace their American-ness whole heartedly but will claim Jamaica when It's internationally cool to be Jamaican (approximately one every 8 years or so). Same for the ones in the UK.  But really like everything else it's the parents who set the stage for how much the offspring embrace their ancestry.

Nothing i despise when negoes come from farin twang twang twangingDead

ETA this remind me of a video i saw a dancehall chick do, she was bemoaning the fact the everybody wanna claim "british" eg Diane British, Cherry Britsh,  yet they've never seen big ben or Buckingham Palace in their lives. She was like why don't peopl Say Diane Yonkers or Cherry FlatbushLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Edited by Diane (35) - Mar 10 2014 at 12:35pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

it's funny though whenever anybody asks me where I'm from, I automatically say nigerian despite never having lived there
because here they drive home that you can't be English if you're black rhetoric
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 12:34pm
it must not happen often since y'all have different answers LOL

But yeah Cherry, that's what I was thinking. All the Nigerians here say theyre Nigerian despite the fact that they were born here.

Same for groups where they're ancestors were not the natives of the country they claim

Ps..I hope it doesn't sound like I have any issue with ppl claiming their culture. Lol. I think it's great. Just wondering if Americans do the same. America is typically such a "proud" country, so I should think they should based on that, ..But had a feeling they don't. Just curious
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

But why they gotta be "different and standing out" instead of embracing their culture, afro
this is a very pretentious island with an over emphasis on social class

Edited by afrokock - Mar 10 2014 at 12:40pm
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by sweet_n_stuff04 sweet_n_stuff04 wrote:

I got bronchitis... ain't nobody got time for this :-(

sorry to hear sweet. You want some of this white rum honey and lime mixture. The old folks give it for all resp. illnesses
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 12:40pm
wait wait.diane.. I'm confused. Do you live in  Jamaica or America? Jamaica right? So, if an African American family (with no Jamaican heritage) moves there and gives birth to kids there...the kids are raised there..What will the kids call themselves as adults

Is that the Jamericans you were talking about? Lol sorry I'm at work..hard to focus..But I gather you don't like southern accents?or is twang something else? Lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 30803081308230833084 3094>
  Share Topic