Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random thoughts (newbie edition)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 34>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 1:34pm
anybody here have a recipe for homemade chicken curry?
Sponsored Links

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

James what do you mean? the actual spice or how to make the dish?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

The dish tbh. I made some this weekend and used sweet potatoes. I need to know what other vegetables go with it.
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 4:32pm
James...carrots go with curry chicken as well
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 5:33pm
I wanna be a better person.....
LaurenNicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurenNicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

I wanna be a better person.....
I feel you on this. Same here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 9:02am
the new TGT album goes hard. i listened up to track 7 and so far every song is good. only negative if 'black ty' rapping on one of the songs smh.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 9:35am

Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

The dish tbh. I made some this weekend and used sweet potatoes. I need to know what other vegetables go with it.

You can use a whole chicken or chicken pieces (I prefer chicken thighs because they're juicy)
Cut the chicken into pieces (I take a clever & cut the chicken thighs in half) 
 6-7 tablespoons of Jamaican curry powder
 2-3 white potatoes
 1.5 tablespoons of vegetable oil
 1 tablespoon butter
 2 cups water
 1 onion
 3 stalks scallion
 5 sprigs fresh thyme
 4 cloves garlic
 2 hot peppers (scotch bonnet)
 2 teaspoons salt
 2 teaspoons pepper
 2-teaspoons pepper flakes (I like it extra spicy)

Wash chicken with lemon or lime or white vinegar.  chop up chicken. chop up the garlic, scallion, onion & hot pepper **be careful not to get in your eyes or nose**  Rub the chopped garlic, scallion, hot pepper, & onion & curry powder into the cut up chicken I also add a little oil at that point to help the stuff slide/stick to the meat.  If you can, marinating the meat for a day or so will give you better flavor.

When you're ready to cook the chicken, You're going to brown your meat. Remove the veggies off the chicken & put them aside. Place the butter & oil in a dutch pot (or a deep pan). *I sometimes add a little curry at this point to season the oil, but that's up to you.*

Once the oil is hot, place the chicken in the pan. Brown the meat, should be about 10-12mins...just until the meat has a nice brown coating. Once that's done, put back all the veggies you used for the marinate. Take the water & put enough in to just cover the meat. Cut the fire down, so the meat can simmer.  Depending how "soft" your potatos are, you can add them now, or wait a little while until your chicken cooks some. You don't want your potatoes to cook out. I usually don't add any other veggies to the actual stew. You can add spinners (dumplings) to give your dish more "stuff"...but typically you serve the stew with white rice, or rice & peas & cabbage & boiled green or yellow plantain.

To make spinners (boiled dumplings)

1 1/2 cup All purpose Flour

1/2 cup Water

½ tsp. Salt

Mix flour and salt together in a cooking bowl with a fork. Add a little bit of water to the mix at a time, until the mix is clumpy, then use your hand to knead the flour mix....(add more or less flour/water) If the flour starts to look like crumbs add a little water each time, and knead until it becomes dough.

*do not let the dough get sappy and soft.*

From the big ball of dough, tear off pieces about the size of a small golf ball and place them in a same bowl for about 20 minutes.  Then take the golf ball size pieces of dough and roll them between your palms to make them feel smooth. If you are right-handed, use the right heel of your palm to press the piece of dough until it is flat. You can also make them like little snakes, by rolling them in your palm...either way, once the dumplings are formed, place them in your simmering stew, along with your potatoes. 

Your chicken should be done within 40mins. Make sure you stir your chicken as not to have pieces stick to the bottom of the pan. Eventually the water will "cook down" and you will have a curry gravy coating your chicken...yuuummm!!

Enjoy James!
LaurenNicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurenNicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 10:18am
I've never had curry but I hear it is spicy and I love spicy food so I may try it. But isn't there different types of curry?
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 10:25am
Originally posted by LaurenNicole LaurenNicole wrote:

I've never had curry but I hear it is spicy and I love spicy food so I may try it. But isn't there different types of curry?
Yes there are. different types of curry will of course give you a different flavor. There is also indian and asain curry as well.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 34>
  Share Topic