FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Random Thoughts - Lace Fronts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2017 at 9:06am
Would one need the wig grip if they use the elastic band method on their wigs?
Sponsored Links

carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2017 at 12:14pm
I use one with the band method to keep it from sliding and rubbing on my hairline.
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2017 at 6:10pm
*sitting here stalking my hair on it's way from China*
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2017 at 3:25pm
i can't believe i went all those years wearing those damn hair helmets for $19.99.  Now, i realize i must have looked like a damn, broke fool running around wearing those cheap, synthetic wigs.

I don't care how many ways you slice it.. It doesn't even compare to a quality, HH wig.  For several years I wondered why, at almost every gym, or every facility that i've traveled on contract, that white girls, and mexicans would stand there and laugh their butts off.. Black folks would look at me, and turn away.

And i thought it was because they were jealous.. Now i know, why.  

And to think, i thought i had it goin' on!!Ouch
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2017 at 3:30pm
What's even worse, is how much my scalp suffered wearing cheap synthie wigs.  I wore those wigs to the point i wound up getting folliculitis.  This is due to hair not breathing through poorly made wig construction - PLUS the pounds of hair sitting on top of my head.

I learned about this, when i would get these painful large, itchy bumps, that would later turn into pimples, burst and crust over on my scalp.  Because of my job at the time (being on call 24 hours + 16 hour days), i didn't have time to wash my hair regularly.  On top of scalp irrititation there was hair loss.

Not only from not keeping a clean scalp, but from the heaviness, and chafing of the wig, plus the scalp not being able to breathe properly.

I was so caught up in seeing these ladies in dark rooms playing with those curls.. Now  i know better.. And i also understand why they keeping the lighting "low" when they show off those cheap wigs...Ouch

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2017 at 4:42pm
(No judgment) You have been an active BHM member for a really long time. Were you skipping the threads that showed HH Wigs?

Please wash any wigs whether synt or hh frequently as well as your real hair to prevent those bumps. There was a great thread by a RN that you can google up that mentioned how she used Hibiclens as a part of her wig maintenece to prevent bumps, but frequent washing and occasional or routine bleach baths should help you out a lot.Smile
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2017 at 6:06pm
Hi Miss NJ

I saw those posts and threads, but i believed the YouTube gurus.  (And their low-lit videos).  Because of my geographic location and my travels (isolated areas), i actually never saw a quality Lace Front HH wig up close, so i really had no comparison.  I kid you not.  I was up NYC last year on vacation, and because those ladies had their wigs on point?  I didn't even KNOW those were HH wigs they were wearing.Shocked

The last place i contracted was in Kansas.Ouch  The ladies there, wore weaves/braids.. that were.. ummm interesting.  Compared to their weaves, i thought i was the bomb..Dead

Thus, i was absolutely ignorant in thinking that the far more experienced members that kept saying that quality HH wigs were far better - didn't know what they were talking about..  yep, i would not skip, i would JUMP over their posts and hone in on the "BSS Gurus".. that was very ignorant of me.. and it was conveniently cheaper..

All i knew was what i saw on Youtube the gurus of the Beauty supply shops emphasizing that a synthie was "just as good as a HH wig", and reading the posts of the cheap synthie wig gurus here on the forum..

Because i no longer work night and day - literally (i left the medical field 6 months ago) -  i wash my scalp, hair, and wigs regularly. (My favorite shampoo is Fresh Start from the Profectiv line)  I have time to do this now.  You'd be surprised at how people are treated in that field.  They work you like a dog 24-7, and when you burnout?  You're just replaced by an intern..Confused

And thanks Miss NJ.  I know you mean well, and i appreciate it!Smile

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Feb 18 2017 at 6:11pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2017 at 7:18pm
Just read her post, and i'm getting the Hibiclens online.  The Fresh Start is great for "stimulation" and "growth" but not for clearing out bacteria that can cause folliculitis.

Hell, i saw this stuff all over the hospitals all over the country, and never paid it any attention.  should have grabbed a "free" gallon while i had a chance.Confused
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2017 at 7:25pm
Anytime! You can also buy the regular size (8oz?) of Hibiclens from any drugstore in the first aid aisle.
I'm glad that you are no longer working those long hours. Work related stress is horrible.

Edited by NJHairLuv - Feb 18 2017 at 7:28pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 17 minutes ago at 3:43pm
Thanks Miss NJ..

I wish i could just go to a drug store..Just in case, i ordered the Hibiclens online to have extra on-hand when i run out.  Right now i'm at the border.  The last place you want to go in the town of "Chihuahua", Mexico is their drug store.  I have to go over to the states in order to buy this stuff.  Many items over here sit on the shelf and are expired.  But they sell it anyway.

When i say "isolated"?  boy do i mean isolated.

We're heading over to the US tomorrow and crossing the border, i'm sure i'll find a more than decent drugstore over there.

If you've ever been to some parts of Mexico to their "stores"?  it's not pretty..LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526
  Share Topic