FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Random Thoughts - Lace Fronts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 28>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2017 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by carrie carrie wrote:

I use the wig grip too. I started using it to protect my edges.

Then i know i'm on the right track..  Smile

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2017 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

Took the Bleach Bath Plunge.. didn't want to wait for this weekend.

I have no idea why i never did this before??

Oh well, live and learn.. THANK YOU LADIES!!Smile
Yay! I'm glad that the bleach bath gave great results.
Yes, rotate at least 2 identical wigs that you love and you'll never have a hair crisis.

Yep.. i ordered the 2nd one yesterday right after Miss Carrie's post..  

It's interesting how a HH wig, works..  The damn thing was kind of scratchy to the touch. I figured it was because the silicon coating had worn off.. No problem..

The moment i posted about bleach baths - that very night, that wig SUDDENLY started acting right..  didn't matter, i bleach bathed it anyway.. Funny how that happens..

It's like saying: My car is acting up, i'm going to take it to the shop? Then BOOM.. you can't get the car to duplicate the problem again when you're standing in front of the mechanic.Ouch

realvirginhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realvirginhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2017 at 7:22pm
Hello Ladies,
Happy 2017 to all!
Which brand of  WiGrip do you recommend? I have nothing in the front to sew or attach my Wigs onto any longer, that said; I am thinking the WiGrip may be just what I need. Looks like Milano is winning on Amazon, what are your suggestions?

TIA.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2017 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by realvirginhair realvirginhair wrote:

Hello Ladies,
Happy 2017 to all!
Which brand of  WiGrip do you recommend? I have nothing in the front to sew or attach my Wigs onto any longer, that said; I am thinking the WiGrip may be just what I need. Looks like Milano is winning on Amazon, what are your suggestions?

TIA.

I went with Milano.. There is a youtube video regarding this WiGrip.. she put it on over her wig cap, and that wig didn't go anywhere.  Just do a search (video) of "Wigrip".. that's how it popped up for me.

I wasn't thrilled with the price on Amazon.com? But i figured, what the heck, if the thing doesn't work, at least Amazon has a great/fast return policy.

And yep, i saw quite a few other wig grippers on Amazon as well.  Looks like the Milano is the top choice. 

I ordered mine yesterday.. Unfortunately, i have to go to Florida Saturday morning for 2 weeks.. Thus, i can't give an update until i get back.. But when i do?  I'll give you my honest feedback.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Feb 08 2017 at 8:06pm
realvirginhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realvirginhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2017 at 8:37pm
Thank you so much for the advice. I will order one today.
Praying for traveling grace femmemuscleisback
Enjoy your trip.
Smile

carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2017 at 11:51am
just ordered a yaki unit. should have it next week some time. We'll see how this goes....
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2017 at 3:11pm
Miss VirginHair, Miss Carrie!!

I received my Wigrip from amazon. Last night!

Now, that's amazing, since i ordered it on the 8th.  And received it on the 10th.Embarrassed

I decided to wear it to the gym this morning.  I can't believe the contrasting way it feels when you're wearing it.

You just put on your wig cap (or at least i do), wrap the Wigrip around your head, put your wig on as usual, and that's it. You'll feel the "secure" difference immediately.

I still use the Got2beglue in FRONT  of the Wigrip so that the lace part of the wig won't flap out on the sides. It is actually attached more to my skin than it used to be on my edges - and the wig baby hair just fringes the front and sides.

I didn't realize just how much shifting and pulling there was on my edges, as well as the wig in general.  Especially, when i would just pull the hair off my hair if it was getting in the way.

No wonder i lost so much of my own hair before.  I would finish a work out.. And with the cheap heavier wigs, the glue would soften significantly.

Girl.. I remember walking into the ladies locker room after a serious workout. (especially running the treadmill), and these mexican females were laughing their butts off at me.

I figured they were just being the typical mexicans and shrugged it off..

I looked in the mirror? and my wig had shifted almost 1/2 way off my head.  This happened several times, and after a while i stopping giving a rat's as**.. 

There were quite a few times, the damn thing had shifted sideways when i was at work and would be sweating or after wearing surgery caps in the Operating Room.

I really wish i had known about this Wigrip sooner?  It would have saved me a lot of embarrassment as well, my edges and crown.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Feb 11 2017 at 3:11pm
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2017 at 12:54pm
Femme the wig grip and a little G2B around the front is EXACTLY what I do. I still use an elastic band on the wig, but the first 2 make all the difference. I sweat and do like you with all the working out. Mine stays pretty well put.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2017 at 3:02pm
Miss Carrie?

The difference is amazing.. I have alopecia areata.  (Every winter season not only do i have a hair fall, i have a few eyelashes/eyebrows shed as well.)

I know there isn't a way to save the eyebrow/lashes, but since i've been wearing the Wigrip, i wonder how much LESS shedding i could have had if i had worn it sooner?Ouch

Also when i untie the scarf that i use to "set the glue/freeze spray", i check the flaps in front of the ears to see if i "missed a spot"?  If i can lift the lace in front of the ears, i'll do an extra dab of glue then a "spot-shot" with the Got2beglue freeze spray and hold it down with my fingers for about 30 seconds or longer.  Just extra reassurance if the wind decides to blow my hair back.  The last thing i want to see is that lace flapping in the breeze.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2017 at 3:05pm
Learned something new about working with HH wigs..

I actually DON'T have to wash it every 2-3 days.  I can actually prolong the fluffy look a bit longer by just using a spritz of heat protectant on the wig, and run the blow dryer through it with medium heat.  Looks just as perfect as the day i first bought it.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 28>
  Share Topic