FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Random Thoughts - Lace Fronts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>

Author
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 6:10pm
okay, i tried the As i Am smoothing gel..

ladies with 4b/c hair, don't bother, just don't.Angry

I used the Creme of Nature Perfect Edges, and yes with the warmer climates, it has to be reapplied at the end of the day if you work or work out after 8 hours.  okay, but it works.

I thought with the reviews on Amazon.com, plus Blackhairlong.com or some natural website, that As I am was the best for laying down the edges. Well if you're 4a - Maybe.. but this sh*t is worthless.Angry

The Perfect Edges, it slicks the hair down immediately upon application.  IMMEDIATELY.. and it stays down.  You don't have to use a lot either.

As I am?  aaargh.. first of all, you have to wet your edges first. and then.. you have to slather on this crap.  It comes in an 8 oz jar at 1/2 the price of Perfect edges, but you have to use 3- 4x as much PLUS use a scarf to lay your hair down, and HOPE that it holds.Angry

i used the As I am gel before going to the gym? looked okay before i left, but i barely sweated, and my edges started curling up burnt paper..Angry

I actually believe that the people on amazon might be capes working for As I am - OR they are ignorant about their hair.. all NATURAL HAIR  is  NOT, repeat, NOT 3a/c or less..

Now i'm stuck with 2 jars of this crap because it was on sale.  I'll just mix it with what i have left of the Perfect edges.  after this, i'm not buying anymore.. lying as*s reviewers...Angry

AngryAngryAngry

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Apr 26 2014 at 6:12pm
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 6:47pm
i am going to wait until my Jealousy wigs are worn out before buying these.

I'm eye-ing these L part wigs that have a much longer part all the way to parietal region of the head.  Freetress is definitely giving these lacefront expensive wig makers a run for their money.

Empress, and Atalaya is on my next wish list.

And unfortunately, i'm observing the same old you tube review types.  The yanking and pulling the hair, and drooling all over themselves over hair that's not theirs, and in many cases, those husky eye contact lenses to boot.

one of them leaned into the camera, while looking up at the part in her hair.  Scared the sh*t out of me.  Hazel contact lenses. She looked dead..  but she couldn't stop "gushing" about how much she just LOVED the hair - and of course, couldn't stop admiring herself using the camera as a mirror.Ouch

Ladies, it's not our hair..would she be THIS vain  or "excited about this hair" if it were her own??  I'm getting embarrassed looking at these reviews.

i'm looking for something that's passable as a protective style.  I don't expect to be "transformed" while wearing a wig.  It's something that's functional, while working on growing out my own hair.  I'd like to be just excited about my own natural hair, as i would be if i wearing a wig.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Apr 26 2014 at 7:34pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 2:12pm
okay, that's it for me.  No more As I am gel for me.  I took both of the jars i bought, and threw them out.  I didn't want to even SEE them on my bathroom counter.

I was at work, and talk about embarrassed..

the As I am gel already has a sweet coconut scent (of course for us African american girls).. But at the end of the day, it changes.  Especially if you sweat, or if you put in long hours.

I was bending over to retrieve something from the floor, and upon standing i caught a "whiff" of dirty socks.  It was fleeting, but i thought, no, it couldn't be me.

later on that night, i turned my head, and smelled it again.  yep.. dirty socks.Confused

I was putting in a 16 hour day, ladies.  And that smell was right at the perimeter of my head.

Long story short.. when i finally made it home on the 18th hour, i took off that lacefront and where the As I am gel was, that's where the smell came from.  This crap "builds up quick". 

If you have to use water PLUS a lot of gel to smooth down your edges, it's a wonderful place for bacteria to form.  Think about it, moisture, warm skin, a sh*t load of gel for > 8 hours, sitting on top of lace material = Dirty sock smell on your hairline.

The moment i smelled it again, i immediately washed my hair, + the lacefront wig and threw the gel out.

When i use the Perfect Edges with argon oil?  I never have this problem in one day.  Ever.  Why? because i don't have to ADD WATER to get my hairline to lay down.  I can perform a 10-12 hour shift, plus my workouts + aerobics, come home and rinse, without a hitch.

this As I Am?  It's worthless.. I just ordered 3 new jars of Perfect Edges.  thanks to the wonderful "hype"  - they just lost a customer.. not that it matters to them.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - May 03 2014 at 2:14pm
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 5:07pm
Photo is loadingPhoto is loadingPhoto is loading

Hey ladies so this is a picture of my kinky straight part right now. I do not have a anything underneath the parting it was just bleach. But does any one know how to get rid of the grid lines toward  the tail end of the part? I tired to take a close enough picture so that you can see what I mean. 

Edited by starliteboo - May 03 2014 at 5:12pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 9:00pm
i don't know why the vendor says: Don't brush the Jealousy wig.

I soak it by spritzing it with 1/2 and 1/2 conditioner and water.

If you just finger comb it, you'll have a tangled mess, especially when wearing a pony-tail.

The vendor states on the package: "This is why it's called a shake-n-go wig"..

Well, you can shake it till the cows come home.  I threw away two wigs because i followed their instructions.  I just wound up with a tangled mess.

I realize now, that i could have kept those wigs when all i had to do was wash them (they don't recommend submerging them in water), and do a conditioning spritz, + light brushing.. (which they don't recommend again)..

Sorry, i'm doing just the opposite.  These wigs tangle and shed anyway, so you might as well do whatever it takes to get your money's worth.

vanessacohen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanessacohen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 9:12am
Just got my first lace front wig! Reaaallllllly excited!
pg12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pg12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 9:21am
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

i don't know why the vendor says: Don't brush the Jealousy wig.

I soak it by spritzing it with 1/2 and 1/2 conditioner and water.

If you just finger comb it, you'll have a tangled mess, especially when wearing a pony-tail.

The vendor states on the package: "This is why it's called a shake-n-go wig"..

Well, you can shake it till the cows come home.  I threw away two wigs because i followed their instructions.  I just wound up with a tangled mess.

I realize now, that i could have kept those wigs when all i had to do was wash them (they don't recommend submerging them in water), and do a conditioning spritz, + light brushing.. (which they don't recommend again)..

Sorry, i'm doing just the opposite.  These wigs tangle and shed anyway, so you might as well do whatever it takes to get your money's worth.

yes I love that jealousy wig but it does shed...nail polish the wefts and it lasts a lot longer...then you can wet it brush it with minimal shedding

Edited by pg12345 - Jun 14 2014 at 9:23am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 3:31pm
thanks PG!

someone in one of their reviews stated they could "make the wig last as long as six months".. Well, maybe that's their method.

I forgot all about sealing wefts.  I should have known better.  That's the first thing i did with weaves - why not a wig, right?

KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 9:51am

thanks PG!

someone in one of their reviews stated they could "make the wig last as long as six months".. Well, maybe that's their method.

I forgot all about sealing wefts.  I should have known better.  That's the first thing i did with weaves - why not a wig, right?

How do you seal wefts on a lace wig?  I didn't think you could.
pg12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pg12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 9:12am
Originally posted by KittenWhip KittenWhip wrote:

thanks PG!

How do you seal wefts on a lace wig?  I didn't think you could.

you are welcome femmemuscle..for kitten whip when a wig has wefts you can seal the wefts with either clear nail polish (usually lasts a couple of washings if done properly), or seal the same way the weave section does it with either fray block or some of the other sealants they use..some of those in the weave section have tracks that have lasted over a year or more...with the clear nailpolish give your wig time to air out
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
  Share Topic