FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Thoughts - Lace Fronts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by carrie carrie wrote:

I am rocking the ish out my Frankenstein unit today! The front is from my favorite coarse yaki ("Brazilian") FLW and the back is from an old Holly coarse yaki (Indian) unit. This should hold me for a while before I need to purchase a new one.

Carrie, what technique did you use to Frankenstein you wig?  Details please! Smile
Sponsored Links

carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by chatnoir chatnoir wrote:

Carrie, what technique did you use to Frankenstein you wig?  Details please! Smile

No real technique. Sewed using simple hand stitches. Cut the pieces did a rough fit on my head and did a loose basting stitch to hold together, then back stitching once I was satisfied with the fit. I'd never let anyone see the inside of this bad boy, but it'll hold me until my new unit gets here next week and I have time to tweak that for wearing.
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 4:59pm
what type of hair do you ladies use for your curly units. I am leaning toward Malaysian.
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by starliteboo starliteboo wrote:

what type of hair do you ladies use for your curly units. I am leaning toward Malaysian.
I LOVED the Peruvian one I had.
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 1:37pm
I really like the Peruvian that I have, and I like Malaysian for a close 2nd, or high quality Indian hair (if can find it LOL).
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 5:49pm

I've just purchased my first Ozone wig, the Cara in "Elegance."  I expected more prominent highlights, but that's cool - the wig looks to be one of the best constructed synthies I've purchased.  

Help....
I love the lace on my Ozone wig... is this what they call
super fine swiss lace chat?

I did seal the knots ... however she is still shedding...
I never had a shedding issue before
Thanks Chat...

PS.... Also had to put powder on her due to shine etc.
some tangling --I used softer..

All, in all, I think I would like a CY or a LY FLW...
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 7:17pm
is it shedding from the lace part or the wefts? Try sealing the wefts in the back as well.
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 11:05am
Originally posted by carrie carrie wrote:

is it shedding from the lace part or the wefts? Try sealing the wefts in the back as well.

^^^ thanks…
It sheds all over… meh…
I did seal the knots ALL OVER with GTBG spray and applied clear nail polish on the tracks / wefts.
Do you think that is tooo much…? Meh

However, I would like to know what lace they are using on the Ozone wigs….for my next order for a FLW. I wonder If Chat knows?
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 11:47am
I had one Ozone and I agree I really like the lace but LORDY did that ish shed. Of course I only sealed the knots not the wefts... shm
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 11:44am
Originally posted by mommykat mommykat wrote:

I've just purchased my first Ozone wig, the Cara in "Elegance."  I expected more prominent highlights, but that's cool - the wig looks to be one of the best constructed synthies I've purchased.  

Help....
I love the lace on my Ozone wig... is this what they call
super fine swiss lace chat?

I did seal the knots ... however she is still shedding...
I never had a shedding issue before
Thanks Chat...

PS.... Also had to put powder on her due to shine etc.
some tangling --I used softer..

All, in all, I think I would like a CY or a LY FLW...

Hi Mommykat, sorry, just saw your post.  I didn't hit BHM again until the 4th and that's when I became mesmerized by the latest Jace thread. LOL

To answer your questions - 

- the lace is Swiss lace (a nice quality Swiss for a synthie!).  It isn't super fine, super fine can be rather fragile, but i have yet to try it (will splurge one of these days to use on the perimeter of a silk top wig).

- My Ozone also sheds, but I don't wear it often enough to bother sealing.  You said that you sealed the knots, did you mean to say that you sealed the wefts?

- re: shine, which color did you buy?  My wig was a bit shiny, but didn't have a doll shine imho.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>