Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Random Thoughts: Hair Color

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 6:47pm

Just wound up with two FREE items beause of the special Ion is having this month. If you buy a 1lb tub of Ion Powder Lightener you get a FREE 32oz bottle of developer and because Ion is having a BUY 2 Get 1 FREE special, I got a tube of Ion Color Brillance Brights in Sky Blue (it was the last tube on the display) for FREE as well. I lucked out big time today!Smile

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 1:50am
How NOT to lighten and color extensions.

1. The extensons should be unbundled separeated for each color application and layed out on plastic bags, not kitchen foil. The aluminum could cause a bad reaction with the lightener and color.

2. This person ISN'T wearing gloves.

3. Incorrect lightener, incorrect mixing and terrible application resulting in patchy results. 1-2 packets of powder lightener mixed with 2 parts 30vol developer and applied with a tint brush would've worked well. Combing lightener through the hair is a BIG NO-NO!

4. Coloring extensions next to lightening extensions is a bad idea; this could mess up the end results. Box dye.....blah. Once again these should be unbundled and on a separate sheet of plastic. Color should be mixed in a clean tint bowl and apllied with a clean tint brush for even results. Again with the rough combingConfused.

Edited by RedSoxtober - Mar 18 2013 at 1:52am
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 6:26am
Since the superdrug colour effects was a epic fail for my hair I will defo try this adore red out. Wish I didn't have to use heat but oh well and must leave on longer than the allocated time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 6:30am
Wow there so many videos online RedS that just scare me when it comes to dyeing or bleaching. Probably why I haven't dabbled in colour because of mediocre results or complete disasters.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 3:33am
Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

Wow there so many videos online RedS that just scare me when it comes to dyeing or bleaching. Probably why I haven't dabbled in colour because of mediocre results or complete disasters.
It's one of those things that I like about the internet; I can type in someting like "Indigo Blue hair" and find a bunch of photos, videos and detailed instructions of what that person did to their hair before and after. You kids are lucky....we didn't have all this information at our fingertips....it was really trial and error.DeadLOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 4:25am
Here's wicked good video of a colorist doing the ombre/transitional look.The hair is parted in 1" sections and lightly teased  about 3-5" from the roots to blend the the line of demarcation. Powder lightener was applied using 40 vol developer at the ends then 30 at the midshaft then a sheet of plastic wrap covers each layer to keep from bleeding. Note how the colorist applies the lightener and color (Pravana Vivids)  by holding the tint brush vertically to further blend the transitions. Excellent technique here!ClapThumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 4:27am
Sat with some pink and purple in the back of my head pink came out amazing, the purple not so much :/
Research time.Geek

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 10:43pm

Sat with some pink and purple in the back of my head pink came out amazing, the purple not so much :/
Research time.Geek

What color was your hair before using the purple and which purple did you use?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 5:00am
Originally posted by RedSoxtober RedSoxtober wrote:

Research time.Geek

My hair at the back is my natural medium to light brown hair unfortunately I don't remember the brand at the top of my head It was my cousins but I know for sure it was semi permanent.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2013 at 1:00pm

Originally posted by RedSoxtober RedSoxtober wrote:

Research time.Geek

My hair at the back is my natural medium to light brown hair unfortunately I don't remember the brand at the top of my head It was my cousins but I know for sure it was semi permanent.

Somtimes semi-permanent haircolor won't take to virgin hair unless it's highly porous.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
  Share Topic