Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Random Thoughts 2013 Edition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 22962297229822992300 2994>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 31 Votes, Average 3.19  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Mixer Mixer wrote:

I plan on Piging out with them.Smile
sweeeeeeeeeeet!!
Sponsored Links

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

my usual bs random posts aside, my mom watched that dark girls thing on own.

i have mixed feelings. i love that she felt validated and knows that she isn't alone in her feelings on the subject and i totally hate what feelings are being validated. how crestfallen she looked when recalling how kids would call her tar baby or sambo or darky/darkie. 

it blows my mind that people still act like colorism doesn't exist and that people choose to act ignorant as to why, on some level, we need documentaries like this. i know that it must feel like overkill to some people. that's cool, do what i did, don't watch it. 

but it's so worth it if it reaches even just little girl or even if it reaches a not so little girl like my mom. to tell them that they're not alone, beautiful, they the way they feel is valid and people (let alone their OWN PEOPLE) have no right to try and make them feel less than-- that's worth its weight in gold.

i hope that it opened some eyes, opened some minds and did some good where it could. 
Girl! I have to pull out the stats all the time because every time I'm in a talk about colorism someone will either say 1. "It's not that bad ya'll need to love yourself" or 2. "Im light skinned and was bullied by a dark girl once in first grade. What about my problems?"

Im happy for people who got something out of that moive. Sometimes it's good because I think it helps people realize that society is the problem not them.

Mixer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

webmd officially scared me. :/

don't go on that ish. looking up symptoms of a migrane will have u thinkin u have a brain tumor. when i was preggo, i was convinced that my kid would have all these birth defects b/c i drank a glass of pop LOL
LOL Im going to try to stay calm. 
But Im  def gonna take mixers advice and go to the doctor soon. Apparently what Im having is a mild allergic reaction and it could get worse. somewhat scared.

eta: Im probably worrying for no reason. just wanna be safe.

Yeah, it's just a precaution. I want you to be sure everything is ok.
Mixer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 11:08pm

I plan on Piging out with them.Smile
sweeeeeeeeeeet!!
I sure hope the ice cream is sweet I'll be back with a review
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 11:19pm

Girl! I have to pull out the stats all the time because every time I'm in a talk about colorism someone will either say 1. "It's not that bad ya'll need to love yourself" or 2. "Im light skinned and was bullied by a dark girl once in first grade. What about my problems?"

Im happy for people who got something out of that moive. Sometimes it's good because I think it helps people realize that society is the problem not them.
the former: i wonder if black people know how like white people they sound when they say sh!t like that.  

and i agree with the latter. i just want it to be better for even one person and i'd be happy with that. and mos def society is a problem. it just astounds me that blacks wanna act like the issue is a dead horse when the only reason we have to beat it so often is because we refuse to learn and grow from the history. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 11:21pm

yes, it's a milder, natural, creamy sweet though.  

and please do.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 11:22pm
Cry I really wish I was asexual. 
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 11:24pm
IA w/neka & Concrete.

It's raining since this afternoon. All the mosquitoes that will pop up next week.Dead
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 11:25pm
Ermm
Mixer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 11:31pm

yes, it's a milder, natural, creamy sweet though.  

and please do.
Interesting. I'll see what I can do.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon