Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Random Thoughts 2013 Edition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20962097209820992100 2994>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 31 Votes, Average 3.19  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 3:15am
Morning cherry

Cc you on my sh*t list you and neka ain't about sh*t

Good night neka, hope you have a better night than I did.

I was asleep but not that asleep ... It was hot as hell without the pleasure that comes from a hot night ..
Sponsored Links

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 3:16am
Yeah, But I really don't like being mad all the time. I can literally pick out the gendered words, sexist beliefs and standards in almost everything even if others don't see it and it's frustrating. Frustrating not only to see it EVERYWHERE, but to not really be able to call it out like I want to. Eh.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 3:19am
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Yeah, But I really don't like being mad all the time. I can literally pick out the gendered words, sexist beliefs and standards in almost everything even if others don't see it and it's frustrating. Frustrating not only to see it EVERYWHERE, but to not really be able to call it out like I want to. Eh.

Lol I just wrote something like that to neka in the Serena opinions about rape.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 3:24am
Yeah I definitely feel you f8 about wanting to scream. 
That's why it's important to me to be a part of a black community (so I can talk about racism) and a feminist community to talk about sexism. They generally keep me from going crazy.LOL
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 3:29am
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

I'll hug you like I hugged f8

Depends on you. It's not your job to teach others. However, if you see they'd be receptive & you can make a concise point, you can make an informative and positive impact. Encourage discussion/discourse among your peers focusing on (current) movies, literature, music and kick around ideas.

I agree that it's frustrating. It gets less so the more you feel you're contributing somehow.

Eta: then I saw your other post.

Edited by nekamarie83 - Jun 19 2013 at 3:30am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 3:32am
Good night Afro and thank you.

Nah, this is tx. You KNOW the "air con" is on.

It's a steady cool, dry 75*f / 29*c in this piece.

Edited by nekamarie83 - Jun 19 2013 at 3:33am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 3:33am
I def try neka. Most people don't wanna hear it though. 
(EDIT)

(hell yeah this was a brag postStern Smile)

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Jun 19 2013 at 11:11am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 3:35am
^^^ Congrats & BRAG ON!!

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 3:41am
Embarrassed thanks. The other VP is black also, which is good because we pretty much agree on all the events we have planned to promote it to our community on campus. So it should be good... and I should stop being mad now.LOL

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Jun 19 2013 at 3:43am
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 4:12am
i really wish i was anonymous on here...i have so much juicy shyt to type about.  im going to hell.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jun 19 2013 at 4:12am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20962097209820992100 2994>
  Share Topic