Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Random Thoughts 2013 Edition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18991900190119021903 2994>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 31 Votes, Average 3.19  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 10:57pm
I think it's easier to eat things you bond with.
I knew what animals were for growing up.

We had some goats and cows and chickens.

Raised them well, treated them with respect and ate them.
Circle of life.

Edited by jonesable - Jun 09 2013 at 10:58pm
Sponsored Links

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 11:02pm
^^^^ really? hmm-- it didn't get easier for us, it just was accepted as survival and being thankful for their sacrifice. 

we didn't raise/tend to slaughter animals, but we still ate meat (obviously) and were/are WELL aware of how they are killed. 

i remember someone on here a while ago. wanting to do a luau and pig roasting. they were so blase about wanting to prep the pig. i knew from that point they were ALL TALK and obviously had no idea how pigs are or how they are put down.  

all i could do was smh at that. 
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 11:04pm
I don't have a problem with people eating cows. But I can't eat an animal I bond with at all. I mostly just hate how inhumane the whole process is. Thats why I like to tell people that eating happy animals is better for you anyway.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 11:08pm
^^^ speaking of the process, concrete have you seen the movie temple grandin? 

it was very interesting. the concept that if we have to kill animals for our survival, they should die peacefully was largely at play. 

based on a true story and claire danes was great in it. 

hbo is usually on that next level with their tv movies.  
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 11:10pm
I remember seeing my uncle hang and cut the stomach sack of either his goat or lamb .i can't remember which for some reason that really made my stomach sick.

I like most animals but not chickens.
Chickens are never ever nice lol

The slaughter of pigs is an ordeal!
My uncles do it for the holidays and we have a pig picking festival here annually

But idk some of my boy cousins are very detached and don't get as squeamish about the slaughter at all.
So that nonchalant attitude isn't that much of a stretch

Edited by jonesable - Jun 09 2013 at 11:13pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 11:10pm
morning!!!
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

I don't have a problem with people eating cows. But I can't eat an animal I bond with at all. I mostly just hate how inhumane the whole process is. Thats why I like to tell people that eating happy animals is better for you anyway.
IA.

If I had to raise and kill the meat I eat, I'd be about 90% vegetarian. I still like my eggs & milk lol.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 11:11pm
morning afro!!
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 11:12pm
No I haven't. I'll have to check it out. The story line looks interesting.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 11:15pm
exactly jones & CC. 

the way that poster was talking about it was just really careless to me. and i'm sure if more people knew how their meat died, they'd think twice. that's the benefit of polite society-- you don't have to get your hands dirty. people would be less wasteful if they had more of a hand in their in getting their food, people may think twice about meat if they had to drip and process an animal, and war would be more serious if we saw bodies and not numbers and b&w print. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18991900190119021903 2994>
  Share Topic