Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Random thought: This picture epitomizes why black
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Random thought: This picture epitomizes why black

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 2.87  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 6:36pm
I saw that. That lemonade was starting to sound good.

Imma need the Tyler Perry play to start act 2 asap.LOL
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

No, I think black women are smart enough to make choices based on what they like, not what the media or the women the black powerful men date.

Stern Smile  So you see the way white and lighter women are idolized, and the way softer, looser hair textures are put on a pedestal, and the dating/marriage situation in the black community, and you don't think that has any impact on how black women are trying to present themselves?

Those women may have grown up in a family where straightening your hair for the first time is a big thing because then they will be beautiful....on the eyes of their own family members. You are forgetting that the first people in our lives whose opinion matter to us is our family. If mommy straightens her daughter's hair weekly since a certain age because mommy thinks her baby girl will look better, the girl not only grows up with that routine but also sees herself only beautiful after straightening her hair.

Of course not all girls whose mothers straightened their hair grown up to enjoy that look, but the majority do,.
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:01pm
I feel like think back to when you got your first weave...
WHY did you want that weave?

Was it because you wanted to protect you hair? (which may now be one of the reasons why you still wear them now and not because of kim k and the media)

Or because you wanted you hair to be more normal like the people with natural straight long hair (white people, hispanic)? 

I know that's what I thought about when I got my first weave...
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:02pm
A girl Im talking to has a sister who does hair.
She was telling me that she had some New hair flown in from Brazil right.. took her 4 weeks to get it .. lol

That will be the day when a white woman or an Asian woman is flying in Hair from South Sudan or Zimbabwe, to be rocked on primetime TV or the evening News.

haha
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

A girl Im talking to has a sister who does hair.
She was telling me that she had some New hair flown in from Brazil right.. took her 4 weeks to get it .. lol

That will be the day when a white woman or an Asian woman is flying in Hair from South Sudan or Zimbabwe, to be rocked on primetime TV or the evening News.

haha

They're using the same hair, they just have "people" to get it for them.
There's this big ass hair store on Wilshire Blvd that celebrity hair stylists get their hair from. I saw Kim Kimble there on her show and I think it was featured in Good Hair, as well. When I went there years ago looking for hair for prom, there was mostly white women in there. Admittedly, I was confused as fck. 

ETA: I see I misunderstood what you were saying, but I already addressed that in a previous post so....yeah.

Edited by **Sk!TtLeS B** - Aug 24 2013 at 7:30pm
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:25pm
Maria Shriver wore cornrows on primetime news.

It was a whole lot of tight ass cold wave curly perms on the tv back in ye olden days.
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Tardy to the party but this was good.LOL

SN threads always make for good reading.  I think I left off around pg 8, now I got a catch up.
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

but before i nodded off i do notice that SweetNovember is so strong with her execution of words and the comeback from MizzSandra00 is soShocked..i really want to see the outcome of this tragic event..I must say Tyler chose excellent actresses to play this part..they seem so real with their lines as almost as if they actually mean everything they say to each other...

I must ask K_Camille where did you get those shoes???  mmm that drink looks interesting what is it?  Yeah it's me again bartender, what u gonna do? huh?

Sh*t...I'm wasted.  I don't remember where I got these shoes from.  Are the actresses coming back? Wait,  what the show is over?  The hell kind of ending is this?  I have to wait and come back to buy tickets for Part 2.. Tyler Perry is a fawking crook; I paid out the ass for these tickets! 
Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:35pm
I got my first weaves at 16, once for my BFFs sweet 16 and again for prom. My first "high end" weave purchase was Bobraz. After that Ive purchased similar textures by HC, RHO, HE, MD. I love my curl pattern and texture but I like it long too!

I started venturing into straighter textures at the suggestion of my boo. He was like damn I don't see any difference but length; if you're gonna pay $ why not buy something different from the usual??? 

I think Bribby's question is a relevant one, if we think back to the 1st time we got a weave and our motivations, I bet it would be really revealing. 

FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:37pm
Whyinahell are so many of y'all drunk during the daytime? Like, wtf, is it y'alls birthday? Anniversary?

Y'all betta celebrating something other than Saturday. Damn.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>
  Share Topic