Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Random thought: This picture epitomizes why black
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Random thought: This picture epitomizes why black

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 25>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 2.87  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 3:28am
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

I must say these two should be nominated for the 'best worst enemies' here on BHM..Clap
oops i have to be quiet..getting nasty looks from folks in here..Ermm
ctfu!! !!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 3:40am
summary?
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 4:04am
LOLI cannot stand y'all. 

Not a one. 
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 4:09am
nothing changed IMO..THEY STILL  AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry at each other...dayum it's 5:09 in the morning..i have to stop drinking coffee so late at work...LOL
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:27am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">it's gonna get good....just watch. It will, I promise...</span>
 *turns to dior* i hope so, but thus far...? it's as though this second nature to her and i'm drawn in.

This post had me in real tears no joke

and Diorshowgirl reply to neka... I love BHM...
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:45am

so glad u can join me...did u see that spread over there? gonna hit the bar afterwards wanna join me?..these are some dayum good seats..

I think now is the perfect time to hit the bar.  The actresses are taking a break to prepare for the next scene.  What did you think about the last scene?  Sweet is a very dramatic actress.  Did you catch her lines wishing death on Miss 00?  I can only imagine the pounding fury and conviction in her keyboard as she typed that.  Sandra is calm and emotionally detached and malicious at the same damn time as she pours gasoline on feelings and sets them on fire.  I will be tuned in for what's next!  
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:57am
Welp I woke up......LOL
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 7:57am
This bitch is wearing a weave. Her and all her sisters get tracks like so many of us. LOL

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 8:30am
Just here to say, the only thing the black women might be trying to do concerning those sisters is find out who her/their vendor is.

Also the weave and lace front styles that a lot of people are getting these days(the extra volume layered styles) or styling in general when wearing their own hair out, were around before Kim wore it

Before that it was Aaliyah with her swoop bang styles, before that it was Jennifer Anniston with her layered bob, there will always be someone that wears something a certain way that people will want to emulate.

Weave is not a black thing, the only reason people made it a black thing is because the black women they see do not blend it with their texture (meaning making it look remotely the way it would look if they were to straighten it.).

But there are many and I mean MANY white women wearing some form of extensions.

Of course there will be plenty of black women that prefer straight hair over their own texture, just like a lot of people dying their hair blonde for the same reasons.

There will be secure women and there will be insecure women, same with men with bald spots that have the money to fill those spots right up.

And I could go on and on and on.

Edited by Ritle - Aug 24 2013 at 4:22pm
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 8:50am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

ok. 

but for real-- people will buy into what they buy into. if women think hair is the definitive factor between them being single and landing a millionaire, they may already beyond help. 

i do, however, agree that we need to have more images of black beauty, but i see that more as starting at home and with each other on the daily level as opposed to the media. 

we also have to accept that some black people will be slow to learn or never will learn/discover the beauty in the black race and all the characteristics that come with it. 

you can lead em to culture, but you can't make em think. it's their right and shouldn't prevent the rest of us from going forth and prospering. 

^didn't read the entire thread but these my thoughts exactly

I disagree with the OP, but do kinda get where the OP is coming from. I agree that society bombards us with images of nonblacks as the standard of beauty, and it fails to show enough images of black beauty. Features associated with black ppl are ONLY praised when they're on a nonblack person (i.e. full lips aren't attractive until Angelina Jolie has them; large hips and buttocks is ONLY attractive on Kim. K or J. Lo, etc) 

It is getting a little better - I do see some shows/commercials trying to diversify the women on tv, showing women of different skin colors, different hair textures, shapes, sizes, etc. - but we still have a looooooong way to go.  

But it really starts at home. It's parents' responsibility to discuss this issue with their children, ensuring that their children are shown many examples of role models who are women of color and teaching them that the European features are not the standard of beauty. It boils down to mom and dad instilling confidence into their children.

Edited by purpulicious01 - Aug 24 2013 at 8:51am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 25>