Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Random thought: This picture epitomizes why black
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random thought: This picture epitomizes why black

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 25>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 2.87  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

@Neka, I have a response but the words just aren't coming together in a way that I feel best conveys my opinion.  In short, I don't care what anyone does with their hair but I do find it weird when women will only wear the hair(totally different texture than their own) of a woman from another race/nationality.  I love kinky/curly/coarse weaves. 
hmmmm... i can see it being weird. why not go with something closer to texture? 

what i wonder is how can we make the automatic jump that it's deeper? i get that there's a possibility that you can be brainwashed to think kink = bad. thus with it comes all of the self hate previously alluded to. 

however, there's a chance one could keep up a ritual like relaxing with no rhyme nor reason and no self hate. it was just some sh!t to do as the norm, that was done and lost all meaning until we stopped and thought about it.  some people will choose to continue and others will depart. 

shaking a polaroid picture comes to mind.  

although i get that some could argue that that is the pervasive nature point of brainwashing-- that you don't know you've been brainwashed. but why can't we as black women have a preference or pick and choose without it being dissected to death?
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Meme0887 Meme0887 wrote:

Naw she black...most people have seen her pic
or a pic of some black woman she posted...  

it's not out of the realm of possibility.
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by Meme0887 Meme0887 wrote:

Naw she black...most people have seen her pic
or a pic of some black woman she posted...  

it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Ermm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 11:04pm
Star is black .

Y'all serious ?

I think the " it's just hair " manra is for people on hair boards.
Its clueless to think that it's only a preference if you're talking about reality.
But Idc sure it's just hair ....

Edited by jonesable - Aug 23 2013 at 11:13pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 11:12pm
not really. the thought of such hadn't really occurred to me.

then again, neither does the thought of being needlessly incendiary, but people do that on the internet too.   

i'm just saying it's possible, and not totally unheard of,  to post someone's pic as being your own.
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 11:14pm
I'll take wearing weaves over having to tan and get my entire body reconstructed to look more attractive to black men. Kim K wears weaves too and was a flat ass white girl before she became the famous niqqa lover she is today
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 11:19pm
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

so what about the black women who wear afro kinky textured weaves?

which white girl are they trying to emulate?

bo derek

Right?LOL  while the OP does have some merit...black women these days if they wear wigs and weaves are wearing them in more natural textures and looks then even 10 years ago.  We do have some females out here with self image issues but...I don't think it's a majority of black women.  

I do believe you have women out here that stay in weaves/wigs.  Not because of self hate but because they love long hair and they simply can't get their own hair there for whatever reason.  *shrugs*  I have heard some women say they fake it till they make it. 

The reason black women wear hair are not the same as in years past.  It's just that we're still demonized and crucified in media (by black and white devils) for those same past reasons.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 11:57pm
I agree Ndiva..
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 12:03am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

women feel compelled to wear weaves.

I decided to make a new topic rather than make an OT comment.

I understand that these kinds of images in the media can put enormous pressure on black women to try to look like someone else but...I dunno, I won't judge...

Thoughts?

i can see where u are coming from..I have a daughter and she is raised around white folks..so as she got older she was wearing weaves to protect her hair..it grew a lot and i wanted her to wear her natural hair...she wasn't having it..she wanted to be like her white girlfriends and have that long hair...to this day she still wears her weaves, lace wigs, and bss wigs...part of it is my fault when she was younger..I had her wearing braids cause momma here was too tired to do her daughter's hair..so i can see this for me cause of me and my daughter's environment of being around white folks..I wonder if she would be this way with wearing weaves if she went to an all black school? probably yes...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style