Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Random Skin Thoughts Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 101>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.46  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 12:06am
Cokes and Ms BMW use the batch size calculator here http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/Calculators/Batch_Size_Calculator.aspx
  (got it from Skin care talk too, ignore the formulas you see pop up in old DIY amlactin threads)

What you need to know is the percentage of LA you want in your final mixture, then for the other ingredient(s) you add the percentage to make the total 100% (15+85=100). plug that in and it'll tell you how much of each ingredient you need. AND give you 4 diff. measurements

Plus you can save/print your DIY recipes

"4" Oz"
OuncesPoundsMillilitersGrams
Ingredient:"Lactic Acid" Amount:"15" %0.60 0.0375 17.74 17.01 
Ingredient:"Lotion- Cetaphil"Amount:"85" %3.40 0.2125 100.55 96.39 

Edited by Diane (35) - Jun 14 2014 at 12:10am
Sponsored Links

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 12:11am
oh no diane….. 

thank you… but i am so math challenged… you lost me long ago. 
i cant…. like i dont understand. 

Edited by coconess - Jun 14 2014 at 1:28am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 6:46am
LOLOLOLOL 

Batch Size Calculator – Converts Percentages to Weight

Many people are given a formula based on percentages. These formulas can be difficult when trying to produce products to a specific batch size. This calculator is programmed to convert ingredient percentages to ingredient weights. 

Directions: 

1. Enter recipe name. 
2. Enter total batch volume. This is the size batch you want to make. 
3. Check the button that indicates how you measure your batch (ounces, pounds, etc.). 
4. Type in each ingredient name. 
5. Enter each ingredient percentage. Notice that the total percentage for all ingredients must equal 100
7. Press the “calculate” button. 

How many ounces of LA lotion do you want to make? What is the percentage of LA you want in the mixture? I'll do it for you

Cokes no matter the number of ingredient in your mix, it always has to add to 100% it cant be more it cant be less. a cake = sugar (10)+ flour (20)+ eggs(30)+butter (40). Each ingredient makes up a part of the 100% of the final batter when we combine all ingredients. So 10=20=30=40= 100% of the mixture

Edited by Diane (35) - Jun 14 2014 at 6:50am
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 9:36am
ok i think i got it diane. 

thanks 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 9:42am
You're welcome. SCT ladies say Amlactin is 12% but actually less because of the other things in the lotion. 12% is a good starting point all the same
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 9:45am
im wreckless… i didnt even measure. i just freestyled it. 
it doesnt tingle anymore and im only on my 3rd night.. i might add a little more LA. 

my skin feels soooo soft and smooth 
some of the ppl on SCT use gloves to apply the lotion.. 

im noticing some flaking on my fingers.. i need to start using gloves too. 

Edited by coconess - Jun 14 2014 at 9:49am
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 11:36pm

i wanted to do laser hair removal

till i heard even that wasnt permanent...Ermm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:03am
Modeless it's permanent for some, but ppl sleep on electrolysis which is permanent(er) just more uncomfy.

Coco i did a peel on my BF about 2 days ago and made sure i wore gloves, the previous peels i did left my hand STRIPPING and while the 90% LA doesnt burn the area it falls on strips for daysssssssss. Oh and i nevere notice the smell of the LA till the BF said it stinks!!

Coco i know about recklessness, i was mxing the amlactin in my hand thats what made me FLAKE FLAKE FLAKE
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:23am
^^ yea i heard electrolysis was more effective...

is it more expensive?

im not tryna pay all this money just to be back to square one next yearLOL

i wanna be completely smoove and hairfree like the models..EmbarrassedWink

no more ingrown hairs and all that other crapClap
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 1:29am
I'd say electrolysis is more expensive cause it may add up over time. and it may take a year plus for it all to be done. OR it could take less time. ANDDD it's slowwwwwwww (thus a session goes by quickly and you may need to double up, increasing the cost) its one hair follicle at a time that the needle goes in vs the section by section coverage of the laser.

The first time with the laser it was HOTTT HOTTT HOTTT HOTTT HOTT and i was directly under the AC unit (cycling hot and cold) and the singed smell yuck. afterwards it was dramatically reduced and pretty comfy my derm used a numbing gel tho.

Electrolysis was so damn slow i honestly cant remember there being pain per se but definitely the metallic taste in my mouth. I think there was another part to the treatment though something that made my uncomfy so i just stopped getting up early on saturday mornings for it lolololols

Edited by Diane (35) - Jun 17 2014 at 1:32am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 101>