Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Random Skin Thoughts Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 99>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.46  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 11:39am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by iBetYouhNvNika iBetYouhNvNika wrote:

^^ Someone said exfoliating helps. Ugh
I've been using a mix of black seed oil, coconut, grape seed & avocado oil.

You need a super emollient fatty acid rich oil.....I wouldn't exfoliate until after the baby because your skin is still stretched.....info says exfoliate but I don't think that info pertains to women that are currently pregnant....The oils you're using are cool but you need an oil that mimics sebum......

I read that coconut oil mimics sebum. So I think for now I'll keep using my coconut oil. I'll add sunflower oil to that. & jojoba if I can find some for a reasonable price. Thanks again
Sponsored Links

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 8:25am
a few days ago i felt like my skin was nice and glowy.. but now i feel like it looks a mess (especially up close). 

im considering dermarolling.. 
i want to do another glycolic but i feel like i be in the sun a bit too much and ill only be in it more most likely as the weeks go by…  
i need to find a good spf 
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 8:33am
Today is skin care day....will do a 35% LA peel...also need to make new batches of coffee/brown sugar body scrub, whipped shea body butter and weekly vitamin c serum
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 8:35am

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

^^ Someone said exfoliating helps. Ugh
I've been using a mix of black seed oil, coconut, grape seed & avocado oil.

You need a super emollient fatty acid rich oil.....I wouldn't exfoliate until after the baby because your skin is still stretched.....info says exfoliate but I don't think that info pertains to women that are currently pregnant....The oils you're using are cool but you need an oil that mimics sebum......

I read that coconut oil mimics sebum. So I think for now I'll keep using my coconut oil. I'll add sunflower oil to that. & jojoba if I can find some for a reasonable price. Thanks again

jojoba is the oil closest to natural sebum i believe… 
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 8:37am
i think i have hyperpigmentation now Cry

and i def have a scar.. not a scar from a pimple that will go away… i have a real life scar… on my face 
maybe it'll go away but i doubt it. 
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 8:42am
Coco,try dermarolling and/or garnier vit c dark spot corrector....im using those 2 for the dark spots on my nose from eyeglasses.its been about 5wks and both spots are getting better,its a slow process though coz i dont want anything too harsh
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 8:45am
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

Today is skin care day....will do a 35% LA peel...also need to make new batches of coffee/brown sugar body scrub, whipped shea body butter and weekly vitamin c serum

i need to actually make some Amlactin instead of just drop LA into some lotion ive pumped out into my hand. EmbarrassedDead I need to use this niacinamide on my dresser and the vitamin c powder to make serums but i need to get proper bottles for storage. 

Random thought: I wonder if she has any of that mango and cilantro ish, damn store doesnt open till 11

is your vitamin C homemade?
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 8:45am
yea i might try dermarolling.. 

i use vit c on and off. 

my scar is from stitches/an accident… but i have some faith that it might go away or not be very noticeable.. its kinda under my lips thankfully. 
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 8:46am
My biggest concern is hyperpigmentation right under my eyes. I had eczema there as a child from stress and so far, everything I've tried to fade that area has failed.  Hydroquinone is too strong for me. I'm basically relying on concealer but I don't much care for the raccoon eyes look au naturel.

Overall my skin is looking better these days though. Been doing salicylic acid and glycolic peels, as well as applying turmeric and yogurt masks. My skin is nice and smooth. Pores are still big though. It's been that way since I hit 40 and I hear there's not much you can do about that.
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 8:58am
Diane, I just couldnt deal with the smell of amlactin i had to add lavender oil to mask it..... and i like butters and oils instead,lotions dont do enough for me.

i usually make 20% vit c serum using rose water,glyerine and a drop of rosehip seed oil. Bought the LAA powder from amazon.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 99>
  Share Topic