BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Skin Thoughts Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 99>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.46  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 4:26pm
Skin been ok with just oil cleansing and moisturizing but i know i have to start back using vitamin c serum to keep my dark circles away.
Sponsored Links

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 9:29am
My friend Geek wants to wax her lip.. i told her Geek i wouldnt cause of how light/red and irritated it gets after waxing my brows. How can she Geek avoid that or should she Geek just thread?

LOL this is really my friend tho... i use nair for face Approve
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 9:52am
I think I'm seeing an improvement on my face since doing this scrub weekly..not my belly though. I feel like the stretch marks became more visible :(.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 9:57am
When skin stretches it tears and that causes stretch marks......scrubbing it would make it worse....at this point you need a butter high in fatty acids......I like soy butter mixed with macadamia oil and camellia seed oil.......

Edited by mizzsandra00 - May 07 2014 at 9:57am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 10:00am
^^ Someone said exfoliating helps. Ugh
I've been using a mix of black seed oil, coconut, grape seed & avocado oil.
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 10:43am
TRUE STORY: Diane did a quick 30% LA peel, using deionized water (that was all the gas stations had, no distilled water in sight). Some of the 90% dripped on my hand and it never burned one raas (bad sign? or so i thought). Now cause i was about to head out on the road, i didnt mix any baking soda to neutralise it (laziness). SO i put it on and i barely feel anything except a little batch on my neck (note to self call dermatologist and find out her LA peel percentage) so cause I'm a boom-y (impatient) clown, i say well i used to get peels back in the day lemme do another layer! I start to feel the burn about in some place 2/10 then it kicks it up to 4/10 Im quite pleased now so i go in front of the fan to cool off. but my neck is ON FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. da fuqq?

Anyway wat does Diane- Science Major- 35 do? Get a bowl of water and DUMP yes DUMP  (no measuring at all) a $hitload of baking soda in it, mix it around and apply to face MURDERRRRRRREEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! my nack was BLAZING, IM talking LAVA HOT!!! Some parts of my face too. It was like Tina TUrner and the relaxer, i swear i nearly put my head in the toilet. I was like yup "mi bun up mi raas face, ppl gonna shout ooh-ooh-ah-ah -ah, monkey dat" (Ive burned my damn face, ppl going to make monkey sounds at me- its from a local anti-bleaching song). As Im hoping around I see two big bottles of water and i just poured them over my head wet up the floor and everything. SMDH

Moral of the story: Be prepared and gather everything beforehand.

Oh i never did a light exfoliation, or prepped my skin with rubbing alcohol or with hazel cause of time THANK GOD it was only LA, thank Jesus i stay drinking nuff water! I did apply a layer of petroleum jelly around my nostrils, eyes and corners of my lips.

Results: Skin not burned, light dusting not flaking, neck and face smoothness has increased by 56% percent
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 10:52am
Originally posted by iBetYouhNvNika iBetYouhNvNika wrote:

^^ Someone said exfoliating helps. Ugh
I've been using a mix of black seed oil, coconut, grape seed & avocado oil.

You need a super emollient fatty acid rich oil.....I wouldn't exfoliate until after the baby because your skin is still stretched.....info says exfoliate but I don't think that info pertains to women that are currently pregnant....The oils you're using are cool but you need an oil that mimics sebum......

Edited by mizzsandra00 - May 07 2014 at 10:54am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 10:59am
Im charging Midna and Sandra for making me buy 1) Neutrogena Age Shield Face Suncreen ($18) and 2) 2 bottles of Cetaphil lotion ($30). while my children need food

the sunscren is excellent it never melted off my face in this effin tropical heat and it absorbs easily NO WHITE CAST. I bought the SPF 70 never saw the 110 (but i was in a BSS not a pharmacy)

Cetaphil- i made a Handful of "amlactin" with a few drops of the LA, last night and im not lying my legs are 15 % smoother (i have KP), the other leg (the control) i only used the cetaphil. Yes the mix is runny as hell like they say

Heart Midna and Sandy

Here's a Batch calculator for DIY product formulations

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 11:02am
Thank you MizzS. I'll start looking for some today!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 11:16am
Random Skin Thoughts: I cant find my pro-sonic, I need to get some GA which suppliers y'all love/like/use?, that niacinamide just sitting there being ignored and the vitamin c powder, i need to remember which email i used to join SCT so i can access the DIY section. Where's my argan oil? I dont like the new toner or mud mask the old formulations are better

Good News: I threaded my eyebrows for the first time yesterday! me and the chick nearly WAR! Id prefer a brazilian TBH. She called me customer of the year lmao. That individual hair ripped out ish id for the birds so raas annoying 4/10 in the moment but overall 2/10 (painwise that is)  i dont fully like the shape but my brows grow funny so we couldnt do much better. Now i need to fill them in *deep sigh* bhm is converting me

Better NEws: She put a test strip of the cold wax on my leg ZERO PAIN, no irritation this morning. Im still scared of doing thighs/Virginia though (waxing makes the KP worse, im allergic to wax). I could just do bikin line only.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 99>
  Share Topic