Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Random Skin Thoughts Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 101>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.46  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 5:12pm
I plan on buying a dermaroller and some oils to tackle these on coming stretch marks.

The question is should I begin now or wait until I give birth ?
Sponsored Links

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

^^OK Midna, walk me through how you use it because this thing ain't sloughing not a minuscule skin cell when I do it. Howd' you get your arm like that?

I see. I would do it in the shower. I will try the soaking.
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 6:39pm
maybe becoz i exfoliate everyday when i shower and then every other day i add the coffee/sugar scrub that i dont see that much dead skin being sloughed off...i just have more control with gloves and can scrub myself really well, the mitts not so much Disapprove
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by iBetYouhNvNika iBetYouhNvNika wrote:

I plan on buying a dermaroller and some oils to tackle these on coming stretch marks.

The question is should I begin now or wait until I give birth ?
i dont think preemptive start on the stretch marks is a bad idea....it might be harder if you wait till they appear. i have both the 0.5mm and the 1.5mm....i use the 0.5mm more often
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

^^OK Midna, walk me through how you use it because this thing ain't sloughing not a minuscule skin cell when I do it. Howd' you get your arm like that?

I use my koren italy towel after I have soaped with kojic acid soap and let sit on my skin for 10min then rinse off then thats when I use the KIT on my skin to exfoliate. I think soaking the skin with kojic soap prepares it for the exfoliation.

Edited by miana79 - Apr 20 2014 at 11:17pm
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 1:29am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

I was gonna say that's the right item (the KIT) and ask if you two were soaking in the tub for 20 minutes or just standing under the shower stream? But Midna is on it.

Someone stole mine i dont know which cousin, they both deny it. When i was raving and bragging about it i saw the green eyed monster in their eyesOuch

Midna can you speak to post peel skin care please. i asked a few pages back but you may have missed it.

Hey there, Diane~ My apologies for missing your last post!

First off, your cousins might be some broke ass haters if one of them really did steal it. Plus that is nasty, that is not something I'd willingly share.

For post peel care, you've got to protect and baby your skin all you need to. Ideally, you should stay indoors to protect your skin from UV rays but I understand we're all living our lives and may have to go out on a daily basis. In that case, use sunblock on your face and use it generously! Wear sunglasses, too! Are your car windows tinted for UV protection? Roll them suckas up wherever the sun hits your face!

At home, it's good to keep your skin moisturized, especially for not-so-superficial peels like the TCA. To keep my skin moist, I'll put some hyaluronic serum, my moisturizer, and "seal" it with a layer of Aquaphor. The Aquaphor keeps my skin moist for hours and prevents any tight feeling. I tend to use Aquaphor for only deeper peels like the TCA.

But if you're doing lighter peels like lactic or glycolic, I don't see a need for the Aquaphor.

Regardless, the main goals of post-peel skincare are moisturization and protection!
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:04am
Bought AmLactin 12% lactic acid lotion.

It's not as thick as I expected, but it's very moisturizing! Definitely far more moisturizing than the Hempz I bought.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 6:31am
I haven't been using LAA for the past couple of weeks.

I've been using a sample of this:

Oh my god, this stuff is lovely

It makes my skin look so nice!! I like that it's not acidic so there's no uncomfortable stinging at all.
I love it so much and I'd buy the full bottle.. but hell no to that price tag!!
That ish is $85+!

I'm sticking to leeching samples from Sephora or I'll look for a travel size version to buy!

Edited by Midna - Apr 22 2014 at 6:37am
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 8:07am
My face wont stop having this "look"
like it's breaking out no matter how much medicine I put it keeps staying and

I did a honey lemon cinnamon and nutmeg mask and it felt good but it's back to dry again

I got that epiliator for my face waiting for it to come... will it make my face look lighter? will the hair grow back stronger ?
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 8:10am
my skin is so dry now.
i need these scars gone.
sigh.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair