Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Random Skin Thoughts Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 101>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.46  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 7:21pm
OH HELP! Does mederma work for dark girls with black beard/hair scars? or..

My friend has some really black spots all over her lower cheeks from hairs she's removed. I told her yall like Kojic acid soap and Likas papaya.. BUT she's afraid because last time she used a lightening soap, she says it lightened the skin surrounding the scars, which just made the black spots more noticeable

I told her go for mederma then, but she says she heard it doesnt work for dark girls Confused

I had recommended the papaya soap to a dark coworker before and she said it dried her sh*t out and was making the dark spots worse CryLOL.. so I'm nervous to recommend it again to a very dark girl. Ive never tried it
Sponsored Links

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 7:31pm
Lite Bright....tell her piona serum.......its a lighterner that the darker chicks on IG rave about.....it gets rid of marks without making your skin gray......
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 7:44pm
i have a scrape on my cheek Ermm
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 7:50pm
Thumbs Up thanks I'll let her know
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 8:53pm
hot detoxing baths do wonders for the skin

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 8:54pm
what's the difference between papaya and kojic soap?
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 1:19am
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

My skin is hella peeling and cracking!

WHEW, I can't wait till everything peels off so I can look normal and not look like The Thing whenever I smile!

Can you wear makeup and/or products while your face heals?

I youtubed TCA today and this woman's face looked raw, like painfully raw. How do you cover the peeling/healing process?

Eta: I can't see your pics

I do. I've been looking for samples of foundations since I want to move on from the FitMe foundation. I'm actually going for higher end now because I'm tired of looking crazy in photos.

While my skin is in this state, during the day, I mix my 110spf sunblock with my daily Garnier gel creme moisturizer. Absorbs well, no white cast, great base. I put a full coverage foundation on which is now usually that MUFE HD foundation in 178.

It's not perfect at covering the peeling skin, but I'm not looking for perfection (especially since my skin will continue to peel as the day goes on) and it makes the peeling parts look a LOT better than before they get makeup on.

I know if I came to work with no makeup on, I'd get a LOT more bewildered stares than I already do.

Despite my skin looking like it's self-destructing, I feel pretty.

That's exactly how the woman's face looked in the vid! I assume frosting is in reference to the lighter shinier parts and charring, the darker areas? Is your face sensitive to touch or painful in any way?

Also, how long does the healing process take? Like, free from peeling and discoloration...

Sorry for all the questions...this is mighty interesting.

Lmao, yeah, that rawness looks scary and painful, huh? Honestly, the hardest part of this process is doing the peel. After, there's no pain. Only tightening of the dead skin the peel has destroyed. The deadened skin serves as a protector for the new skin coming in. My skin just feels tight on the parts I put the peel on. Makes smiling a little awkward, hehe.

Because my pigment actually went away on the parts I peeled this time, it seems this peel was a medium peel and not a superficial light peel. This is actually my first time seeing my pigment go away this much. Before in past peels, maybe my skin would look a liiiittle lighter, but never pink. I don't know if MUAC (I used their TCA peel sample when I was new to the TCA) is stronger than Erlenmeyer's which I got off Amazon even though both are touted to be 12.5%,  but it seems the latter peels my skin deeper.

Frosting is when the proteins in your skin get broken down from the chemical and the reaction creates a whitish and rough cast on your skin. The frosted parts usually turn the darkest and toughest because they received the peel deeper.

http://www.jcasonline.com/articles/2012/5/2/images/JCutanAesthetSurg_2012_5_2_121_99451_u11.jpg

Frosted parts usually turn to this:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/claudettemcc/peelpicinternet5426x3414BSYDY5TA9BV.jpg

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

OH HELP! Does mederma work for dark girls with black beard/hair scars? or..

My friend has some really black spots all over her lower cheeks from hairs she's removed. I told her yall like Kojic acid soap and Likas papaya.. BUT she's afraid because last time she used a lightening soap, she says it lightened the skin surrounding the scars, which just made the black spots more noticeable

I told her go for mederma then, but she says she heard it doesnt work for dark girls Confused

I had recommended the papaya soap to a dark coworker before and she said it dried her sh*t out and was making the dark spots worse CryLOL.. so I'm nervous to recommend it again to a very dark girl. Ive never tried it

I wouldn't know about Mederma being effective.

But give that girl some exfoliation, vitamin c, and sunblock!
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

what's the difference between papaya and kojic soap?

Papaya contains enzymes called papain, which incidentally can be used to tenderize meats.  But kiwis, pineapples, and other acidic fruits can do the same thing.  Kojic acid comes from a specific mushroom or fungus called koji in Japanese.  In my experience, papaya/papain irritates the hell out my skin compared to kojic acid.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 3:19pm
Grapeseed is an astringent oil....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 101>