Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Skin Thoughts Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 101>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.46  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 10:48am
^^
good idea goodgirl I might have to try that
Sponsored Links

zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 12:30pm
i've used this cheapie facial sauna for over 10yrs. I think i got it from bed,bath&beyond for like $20

Today's treatment will be another 35% LA peel. I will dermaroll (0.5mm) on Wednesday and Saturday. I wanna get the 1.5mm needles, will order that soon. The 0.5mm is good for helping products sink into the skin so i usually use it with vitamin c serum then follow up hyaluronic acid moisturizer

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Y'all, this round of the TCA is SERIOUS!

If you do the TCA peel, please let it be done when you're going to be home at least 3-4 days.

I made the mistake of doing this on a day off where I'm working four days straight after and all the talking and smiling I'm doing is making some of my skin fall off prematurely before it has gotten a chance to repigment!

It doesn't look pretty, let me tell you!

My cupid's bow area is pink because all the talking I do made the peeled skin crack and fall off.
On my cheeks, parts most affected by my smile have cracked and peeled off exposing pink skin. Ack!

Looking back at pictures of my first tca peel, my skin behaves a lot differently to the peel. In my first peel, I did two layers and got frosting, but my skin didn't get that roasted look. Yet now, on this peel, my skin frosted from the first layer and the second layer frosted so much, within the hour, the frosted skin went from white to a dead gray, and by morning it was that dark charred brown.

Anyway, I'm just protecting my skin. I'm not worried about the exposed skin because I do what I can to baby it. In the picture, I've used my nightly nourishing routine but sealed it all with a layer of aquaphor to retain moisture and accelerate healing.

By day, I stay out of the sun and generously use my 110 spf sunblock if I'm forced to go out.

Fixed the picture!
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 2:59pm
I know there was a thread on this before but I dont remember any of the answers...

What can i use to lighten the little dark spots on my bottom lip?

I hate them  Cry 

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

My skin is hella peeling and cracking!

WHEW, I can't wait till everything peels off so I can look normal and not look like The Thing whenever I smile!

Can you wear makeup and/or products while your face heals?

I youtubed TCA today and this woman's face looked raw, like painfully raw. How do you cover the peeling/healing process?

Eta: I can't see your pics

I do. I've been looking for samples of foundations since I want to move on from the FitMe foundation. I'm actually going for higher end now because I'm tired of looking crazy in photos.

While my skin is in this state, during the day, I mix my 110spf sunblock with my daily Garnier gel creme moisturizer. Absorbs well, no white cast, great base. I put a full coverage foundation on which is now usually that MUFE HD foundation in 178.

It's not perfect at covering the peeling skin, but I'm not looking for perfection (especially since my skin will continue to peel as the day goes on) and it makes the peeling parts look a LOT better than before they get makeup on.

I know if I came to work with no makeup on, I'd get a LOT more bewildered stares than I already do.

Despite my skin looking like it's self-destructing, I feel pretty.
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 3:02pm

http://www.smallflower.com/prodimages/7399-DEFAULT-L.jpg

So gooooood

My nighttime routine emphasizes giving my skin nutrients to repair it from the damage the day did to it and this serum right here does a fantastic job. Your skin really does look better after using it. This in conjunction with LAA at night really does wonders for my skin.

Get it on Amazon though, much cheaper there.

Hm... I may try this out

I need a good night time moisturizer.
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 3:03pm
aaaw Midna, that looks painful Shocked Cry
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 6:24pm

Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

My skin is hella peeling and cracking!

WHEW, I can't wait till everything peels off so I can look normal and not look like The Thing whenever I smile!

Can you wear makeup and/or products while your face heals?

I youtubed TCA today and this woman's face looked raw, like painfully raw. How do you cover the peeling/healing process?

Eta: I can't see your pics

I do. I've been looking for samples of foundations since I want to move on from the FitMe foundation. I'm actually going for higher end now because I'm tired of looking crazy in photos.

While my skin is in this state, during the day, I mix my 110spf sunblock with my daily Garnier gel creme moisturizer. Absorbs well, no white cast, great base. I put a full coverage foundation on which is now usually that MUFE HD foundation in 178.

It's not perfect at covering the peeling skin, but I'm not looking for perfection (especially since my skin will continue to peel as the day goes on) and it makes the peeling parts look a LOT better than before they get makeup on.

I know if I came to work with no makeup on, I'd get a LOT more bewildered stares than I already do.

Despite my skin looking like it's self-destructing, I feel pretty.

That's exactly how the woman's face looked in the vid! I assume frosting is in reference to the lighter shinier parts and charring, the darker areas? Is your face sensitive to touch or painful in any way?

Also, how long does the healing process take? Like, free from peeling and discoloration...

Sorry for all the questions...this is mighty interesting.
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by HeyBeautiful18 HeyBeautiful18 wrote:

I know there was a thread on this before but I dont remember any of the answers...

What can i use to lighten the little dark spots on my bottom lip?

I hate them  Cry 

Honey is really good for evening out skin tone. It also hydrates the lips...
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 7:15pm
I got these tiny bumps under my eyebrows that came up after my wax 1 month ago. I asked her did she use something new.. a lotion instead of the aloe gel she used to use :(

I will try to exfoliate every day for a week
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair