BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Skin Thoughts Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 99>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.46  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 11:40am
Did you put retin  A around your eye area? I'm seeing some reviews that it creates fine lines...

Originally posted by chrissypoo chrissypoo wrote:

I've become a bit of a skincare addict so I'm just gonna share a bunch of stuff I found out!

I've been suffering from awful breakouts from a birth control pill and after finally switching, I'm glad to say it's now clear. Usually if the acne is hormonal, topical treatments can only do so much. I learned that the hard way. My problem is that every single little pimple leaves a lasting mark :( So my main goal now is trying to fade them.

The doctor prescribed me some Retin-A 0.025 gel 2 weeks ago, I had a bit of a purge but that's clearing up nicely. I started out using it every other night and now I'm using it every night, hopefully that helps fade the hyperpigmentation faster. I've also been using glycolic acid gel. I recently started using a dermaroller as well to hopefully help with the slight scarring and help with product penetration.

I started getting into Asian skincare products and I am loving them. I never used to wear sunscreen because they always broke me out but the Asian ones are much better formulated and lightweight! I use Biore Perfect Milk to help protect my skin from aging as well as further hyperpigmentation of the acne marks.

Finally, I used to suffer from awful ingrown hairs on my bikini line that would also leave hyperpigmentation marks and recently discovered using traditional double edge razors greatly reduce them! They way sharper and don't tug then cut the hair like cartridge razors do (which causes ingrowns). The razor blade replacements are also dirt cheap unlike cartridges so they can be switched out more frequently. I also exfoliate in the shower then use one of those natural alum crystal deodorants on the area while the skin is still damp which helps prevent irritation. Hope this helps someone!
Sponsored Links

zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 9:49pm
I did a 35% LA peel 2 days ago, my face started flaking today. It's not done yet, there are areas which im sure will flake off tomorrow when i wash it. Skin looks radiant under the already flaked sections. I'll probably repeat the peel this weekend
chrissypoo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissypoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

Did you put retin  A around your eye area? I'm seeing some reviews that it creates fine lines...

I don't specifically put it there but I don't avoid it either. That's odd it's supposed to help fight against them. They could possibly be experiencing that due to the gel formula containing alcohol and drying out the area thus making them more prominent or it could be the fact that it increases sun sensitivity and they're not protecting themselves properly and suffering sun damage.

Edited by chrissypoo - Apr 09 2014 at 6:46pm
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 6:57pm
Its both.....
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Clap thanks for sharing that info

dermarollers are awesome btw...

I was curious about the dermaroller thingy and I googled.

It gets rids of stretch marks/scars, etc.? Where has this gem been my whole life?!

My major concern is the pain. Is it painful/does your face feel sore and/or tender when you're done? How long should you wait before applying makeup? What's the advantage of using smaller needles?

I googled some before/after pictures...is this an exaggeration or nah?

I plan on using it for my face...but more importantly, I have some stretch marks on my body that I'd like to get rid of before summer...

Edited by GoodGirlGoneGr8 - Apr 09 2014 at 9:43pm
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 9:46pm
its not painful at all 

reviews had me scared to use it saying it was a little painful...i dont even consider the sensation pain

the needles are almost microscopic so it doesnt hurt unless you are just pressing the roller into your skin

and no that before and after is not an exaggeration..but i think she might have gotten hers done professionally...

most of those pics you see in google images are by professionals

GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 10:06pm
^^ahhh, thank you!
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 3:02am
Did a two layer tca peel tonight only on my cheeks~

I'm surprised, my skin frosted a little only on the first layer! It's definitely been awhile. LOL

Anyway, my skin is tender and I still feel a little stinging but I've washed my skin and I'm "protecting" it now with Cetaphil moisturizing cream, Burts bees repair serum, and a layer of Aquaphor to seal everything in and maintain moisture. Tongue

Heal well, my skin!
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 3:04am
In other news, after I got off work today, I went to Sephora to try on foundations (I've been interested in Lancome's teint foundation. Expensive and fancy, but I'm so tired of Fit Me. Great color, but I don't like dewy anymore.

The lady matched me kept complimenting my skin and even asked what I use for my skin.
Skincare ego boosted, bwahaha~
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 5:34pm

do any of you guys do detoxes?

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 99>