Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Random Skin Thoughts Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 101>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.46  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2014 at 7:41pm
^^keep us updatedEmbarrassed
Sponsored Links

chrissypoo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote chrissypoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2014 at 8:07pm
I've become a bit of a skincare addict so I'm just gonna share a bunch of stuff I found out!

I've been suffering from awful breakouts from a birth control pill and after finally switching, I'm glad to say it's now clear. Usually if the acne is hormonal, topical treatments can only do so much. I learned that the hard way. My problem is that every single little pimple leaves a lasting mark :( So my main goal now is trying to fade them.

The doctor prescribed me some Retin-A 0.025 gel 2 weeks ago, I had a bit of a purge but that's clearing up nicely. I started out using it every other night and now I'm using it every night, hopefully that helps fade the hyperpigmentation faster. I've also been using glycolic acid gel. I recently started using a dermaroller as well to hopefully help with the slight scarring and help with product penetration.

I started getting into Asian skincare products and I am loving them. I never used to wear sunscreen because they always broke me out but the Asian ones are much better formulated and lightweight! I use Biore Perfect Milk to help protect my skin from aging as well as further hyperpigmentation of the acne marks.

Finally, I used to suffer from awful ingrown hairs on my bikini line that would also leave hyperpigmentation marks and recently discovered using traditional double edge razors greatly reduce them! They way sharper and don't tug then cut the hair like cartridge razors do (which causes ingrowns). The razor blade replacements are also dirt cheap unlike cartridges so they can be switched out more frequently. I also exfoliate in the shower then use one of those natural alum crystal deodorants on the area while the skin is still damp which helps prevent irritation. Hope this helps someone!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2014 at 10:40pm
Clap thanks for sharing that info

dermarollers are awesome btw...
chrissypoo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissypoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

I'm glad to hear that! I have some questions: What are you using yours for and how long did it take to see improvement? Also, what size needles is yours and how often do you use it?

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:26am
Is black soap supposed to smell like crayons?

You know the way your skin glows right after you wash it? Is there a way to preserve that look the entire day?
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:29am
mine doesnt smell like crayons. ^^i usually just put a thin layer of lotion on and call it a day.

lately ive been having weird breakouts. that mess needs to stop like NOW
i dont know what to do tho. 
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:39am
I got mine from Coastal Scents.

I did put on some watered down lotion but I'm getting shiny already.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:44am
Originally posted by chrissypoo chrissypoo wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

I'm glad to hear that! I have some questions: What are you using yours for and how long did it take to see improvement? Also, what size needles is yours and how often do you use it?

im no expert im learning myself lol but im already seeing results

i use it on my face like once a week....the results are noticeable like a day or two later...

because the skin needs to heal itself after you use it...it begins to produce collagen after the needling...the result is my skin looks really really supple and my pores are almost nonexistent now...

sometimes i do a milk mask (lactic acid) immediately after or use vitamin c serum because needling makes products absorb 4000X better...you get better results..

what ever you use after needling make sure its natural and you know its effect...you dont want unknown chemicals going too deep in your skin...

sterilize..sterilize..sterilize..clean properly..after every use...if you dont you will get acne...because you are basically rolling dirt into your skin...

and my needles are 1.5mm..Big smile

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 4:37am
I have too many facial cleansers! They never get empty cuz I always go to the store and buy new ones Cry 

My skin looks great tho
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 10:04am
i really do not like the way my skin looks… 
no pimples but it looks way off when you look closely.. like eczema or something.. but i know its not eczema… 
i think it has to do with all the meds ive had these past 2 weeks. Ouch
im gonna do a glycolic peel today 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 101>