BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Skin Thoughts Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 99>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.46  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 6:14am
I haven't changed anything drastically other than cleansing my face with diluted Dr bronners soap but my skin looks fantastic
Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 6:23am
I ran out of my sacrosanct stash of black soap from back home in Ghana

So on a random stroll into Vitamin World, I stumbled upon this soap and was pleased by the ingredient list! Its size also attracted me- huge bottle, like the big bottles castille soap comes in.

I'm happy to say this cleanser is quite nice! Clearly gentle and has cleared up any blemishes I had with quickness!
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/816t1F+CSgL._SY679_.jpg
I've always been wary of liquid black soap, but this has changed my mind. Imo, it's not as lathery as other soaps in general buuuut this could be because I remove my makeup with oil first and then use soap and water which could subdue the lathering a bit.

Thanks, Dr. Woods~

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 6:26am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

^^what do you use with your mask?

@midna

I change it up! But my emphasis is certainly moisture so I use ingredients that promote moisture.

Sometimes I will use water and honey or hyaluronic acid or glycerin. If I have it, I may also use aloe vera juice. I always like to add a pinch of vitamin c inside too, though!
atexaschick View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atexaschick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:42am
where can I get kojic soap?

Edited by atexaschick - Mar 26 2014 at 10:43am
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by atexaschick atexaschick wrote:

You have to order it, but honey trust it's so worth it. 

Just make sure you cut that bish up in little squares for individual usage cause it melts down fast. 

When you wash use a scrubby mitten, well no.....you need your skin to get adjusted to it. It's going to burn a little when you first use it. Just wash and try and leave on for 3 minutes before rinsing. Later you can graduate to using with the scrubbie. 

That's the cheapest one I could find on ebay with free shipping. 

I would advise that you do a bit of exfoliating with dead sea salt and scrubs prior to usage though. I started using Kojie immediately and within 2 weeks my skin was lightening in spots because I hadn't exfoliated prior. It was very weird. 
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

any suggestions on how to remove the dark spots from the bridge of nose due to wearing eye glasses? Disapprove
Kojie san soap, exfoliation with an LA peel or lotion, and depending on how dark it is a little Carowhite will even you out pretty quickly. 
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Yessss

My skin is looking back to its optimum. *Kisses jar of L-ascorbic acid powder*

I love making my beloved toners. I'll never run out of LAA powder again!
I keep sleeping on vitamin C, I heard that you are supposed to apply externally and take Vitamin C pills. People on skincaretalk say it gives you a glow. 

Do you see drastic results from this?..and if so how long does it take for you to see them? 
atexaschick View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atexaschick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Originally posted by atexaschick atexaschick wrote:

You have to order it, but honey trust it's so worth it. 

Just make sure you cut that bish up in little squares for individual usage cause it melts down fast. 

When you wash use a scrubby mitten, well no.....you need your skin to get adjusted to it. It's going to burn a little when you first use it. Just wash and try and leave on for 3 minutes before rinsing. Later you can graduate to using with the scrubbie. 

That's the cheapest one I could find on ebay with free shipping. 

I would advise that you do a bit of exfoliating with dead sea salt and scrubs prior to usage though. I started using Kojie immediately and within 2 weeks my skin was lightening in spots because I hadn't exfoliated prior. It was very weird. 

Thanks I'm scared to mess with acidic peels, so I'll just stick to the soaps
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 12:51pm
i see some improvement in my face with these dark marks
i should be make up free shortly Big smile
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

wow ok... yea you might need a peel or something strong that skin sounds really resistant...

yup...thick skin   
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 99>