BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random Skin Thoughts Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 99>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.46  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 8:13pm
yay thats good newsClap

cause i shole was about to empty that cart...

Sponsored Links

OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 8:46pm
My sister burned her skin doing the Yellow Peel. I did the Green Peel and it was anabsolute AWFUL experience. Yes, you peel for days and you peel in sheets! Big clumps of skin are shedding off and the color underneath will be so much lighter than the peeled skin that people can see it a mile away. HOWEVER, the results are ahhmazing. Period. Every woman should do it to at least get rid of dead skin buildup and a permatan. 

I'm buying some generic AmLactin from CVS for my knees and elbows to even out my complexion. MaxiWhite is said to be a good exfoliant for your face so I will use that next. For people interested in cheap glycolic lotions for their skin, texasnaturals sells some natural ones for VERY reasonable prices and they work REALLY well. 

Pumpkin powder is also really really really really good on the skin. Like amazing. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 8:50pm

what are the yellow and green peels?
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 8:55pm
yea ive never heard of the yellow and green peel but they sound like tca… 

those you peel (and not that lil flakiness.. thick deep peeling) for a minimum of 10 days and you really do look like a burn victim.. 
thats kinda the point of that one though.. youre literally exposing fresh skin. 

i probably still have pics somewhere of my face 

Edited by coconess - Mar 22 2014 at 8:56pm
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

So, what are possible uses of rose water for beautiful skin and your well-being?

1) Use rose water to prevent or reduce eye puffiness.
Just place a bottle of rose water into the fridge for half an hour and then, apply some of it on a cotton pad and gently place it on your eyes. It will help sooth the tender skin around your eyes and prevent or reduce eye puffiness.

2) Freshen your face throughout the day by spraying rose water mist on your skin.
Especially, in the summer time, rose water can become your faithful friend and helper, caring for your skin like nothing else; just spray rose water mist on your face (or you can also apply it using a cotton pad), it will instantly freshen your skin, naturally hydrate and nourish it, adding wonderful radiance and glow. I, personally, love keeping a bottle of rose water in my fridge in the summer and spray my face with it multiple times throughout the day.

3) Add 2 cups of rose water into your bath for divine and unforgettable experience. Rose water will soften and add freshness to your skin, it also will leave amazing scent of fresh rose on your body. Isn’t it a perfect treat for our beauty?!

4) Use rose water to soften dry skin.
Ladies with dry skin can experience amazing benefits of rose water. When you apply rose water on your skin – you can notice soothing and softening effect of it straight away.

5) Rose water can also work as a natural makeupremover. Just apply rose water on a cotton pad and gently remove your makeup with it, gently massaging your face. To create even more effective makeup remover – dampen the cotton pad with rose water and apply a little bit of liquid coconut oil on top of it, mixing rose water and coconut oil – this natural skin care product for removing makeup is one of my favorites! It efficiently removes makeup not only from your face, but also, can be used on the gentle skin around the eyes. Never rub harshly nor stretch your skin while removing makeup, because we want to keep our skinyoung and beautiful for a very long time, right?!

6) You can also use rose water as your perfect natural setting spray. Yes, rose water can be applied (sparingly) over the makeup as a setting product, providing beautiful, healthy glow and amazing dewy finish.

7) Use rose water as a skin toner.
Regular use of rose water as a toner can help prevent wrinkles (slowing down aging process), tighten pores and add a wonderful glow to the skin.

8) You can use rose water as an after-shave, to prevent irritation and sooth the skin. Not only it can help make your freshly shaved legs feel softer, but also, rose water will leave its amazingly wonderful scent on your skin!

9) Aromatherapy.
I can’t help but mention that you can use rose water as an ingredient of aromatherapy. Researches have shown that aromatherapy can have tremendous positive effect in helping fight stress, contribute to more sound sleep and even can help us be more positive!

damn I knew I should bought that rose water when I was in whole foods Sleepy

Edited by BBpants - Mar 22 2014 at 9:00pm
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I remove all hair....exfoliate with a facial scrub......apply a mask (moisture mask (Eliz Arden)......and Moisturize with macadamia oil.....

Also do an ACV shallow bath 2-3 times a month......its good for PH and snapping that pucci back!

I may start chem peels as well but not to close to my lips tho....that would be terribleCryCryCryCry

ClapClapClap i have everything but a mask but im looking for magic shave cream in sensitive and can not find it. I even sent the bf to hunt it downLOL

I always wonder if a 10-15% La peel or lotion/toner serum could go there? I think so once you are applying to the mons pubis and not near the opening/clit and being super duper careful it doesnt drip where it shouldnt lol

i put my vitamin c serum on the mons pubis from time to time to keep the skin extra smooth ( dash of vitamin c powder & some aloe vera gel, both from trader joes and mixed right b4 application)
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

what are the yellow and green peels?
It's like the baby step to a TCA peel. 

Green peel is the mildest and then yellow peel is the moderate one. 

It's really just Glycolic Acid and Retonic Acid in a base of alcohol. 

You put it on for 3 days three times a day or until you peel. Once you peel. That's it. It's begun. You have to wait till about 5 days for the peeling to stop, and IMHO the skin doesn't start to look normal till about a week. 

It literally takes the top layer of skin off. People who lighten use these. I did one on my face and neck. I HATE a really burnt up neck so I was happy that it got rid of my permatan but umm.....my face went from Gabby Union to Kerry Washington. I kid you not. It was looking real funny since I didn't peel my body. My face was SO clear though. Like my skin looked beautiful and felt super soft. 

I recommend them for anyone....just know what to expect and proceed with caution. 

You can get them on ebay. Skincaretalk is the best source for applying correctly. 
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 10:31pm
i didnt really get lighter thank goodness 

thats probably cus you tan 
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 11:23pm
Has anyone tried maxi peel #3 ??

they have level 1, 2, 3

Edited by miana79 - Mar 22 2014 at 11:26pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 11:28pm
^^never heard of that..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 99>