Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Random Skin Thoughts Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 101>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.46  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:03pm
For my face...I use sulphur soap and I use olive oil butta has my moisturizer.
 To bathe I use black Soap
To moisturize my body...I use mango butter ....almond butter...cocoa butter oil and Shea butter mixed in one big batter.
Sponsored Links

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:04pm
Coffee Scrub
  • 1 cup ground coffee (any that you like, I used regular coffee, no special flavoring)
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp fresh ground cinnamon (this is what really topped it all off for me, I used a coffee grinder to pulverize 2 cinnamon sticks…but you could just use ground cinnamon from a jar too)

Blend all of these ingredients together in an airtight container, (I used a mason jar w/ a screw top lid -it is pretty and will look nice sitting in my bathroom or by the kitchen sink)

Use: Massage scrub over clean, damp skin; rinse and pat dry (you might want to use a little soap when rinsing if you don’t want too much oil left behind on your skin).

The scrub will keep for 2 months if kept in a cool, dry place.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cinnamon-Almond Sugar Scrub

• 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup olive oil
  • 1 tsp cinnamon extract
  • 1.5  tsp almond extract
  • 1 tsp fresh ground cinnamon (or from a jar, whatever is easiest for you)

Mix together in an airtight container and scrub on all over your body whenever you want that ‘spa-at-home’ pampering treatment. 

Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:10pm
Ohhh I got a burn scare on my leg that I am trying to get rid og...I am using the Aloe soap to cleanse that area...and I use raw cocoa butter to moisturize
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:13pm
Got Glue?

I'm always looking into at-home beauty treatments and I never would of that of using glue, but holy cow....it really works. I mean, as a kid, I used to put glue on my hands and let it dry because it was fun to pull off the glue skin, but I never would of thought to use it on my face. However, I got an email asking whether or not glue could be used as a face mask and my curiosity got the best of me. So, I bought some Elmer's School Glue, hesitated and then masked up. Once the glue dried and I started to peel, I noticed a few things right away. The first thing I noticed were a few blackheads on the glue skin,  the second thing I noticed is that my skin was super smooth, and the third thing I noticed was that peeling off the glue skin was way less painful than pulling off the Bioré Pore Strips. 

If you want to try the glue mask, this is what you do:

1. Wash your face and pat dry.
2. Apply Elmer's Washable School Glue to your face generously.
3. Let the glue dry completely, about 10-15 minutes.
4. Once the glue is dry, begin peeling the mask off starting with your forehead and pulling in a downward motion. 
5. Once you completely peel off your glue mask, you will need to wash your face again. 
6. Pat your face dry and apply a light toner or moisturizer.

P.S. I know there are some really stupid people out there, so here's a pretty common sense warning: DO NOT USE SUPER GLUE, CRAZY GLUE OR ANY INDUSTRIAL TYPE GLUE.

So, give it a try and let me know how it turned out for you.
Posted  by Johnnie Jae
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 1:36pm
^^^^hell naw
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 1:44pm
^^^ but have you tried it though? 

cause er um... it works. i don't think it's as effective for black heads, but the skin is fresher/smoother looking. i prefer to steam my face before hand and just be sure to rinse as it mentions and moisturize.

for black heads, i gotta see if i can find the egg whites and tissue paper trick. 

now that worked for me around my nose. 
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 1:48pm
My skin is the clearest its been in years.

Thank you water, thank youla peels, thank you sa peels and kojic soap.

But these burn marks on my body wont budge :(
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 1:49pm
What exactly are white and black heads?

I think I have white heads on my chin.

I exfoliate twice a week to get rid of em but is there any way to keep them from coming back?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 2:05pm
^^^

What Is a Blackhead?

Whiteheads and blackheads are very similar with just a very slight difference. They are both called comedones, which are a collection of sebum and skin cells gathered in your hair follicles. They get stuck and plug the hair follicle causing the breakout. The difference in whiteheads and blackheads is simply if the hair follicle is open or closed. When open, the oxygen in the air oxidizes the oils, turning them brown - a blackhead. (Think of how an apple oxidizes when left out.)

Though, contrary to their name, they are not always black. They can be a range of color from yellowish to black. The light reflecting on the hair in your follicle can also make the black on the hair in your follicle can also make the blackhead appear to be a dark color. A whitehead on the other hand is a closed, or almost closed follicle which prevents the oxygen from oxidizing the oil.

A Blackhead is Not...

Dirt. If you have blackheads, please do not think that it is because you do not clean your face well enough. The cause of blackheads is all below the skin's surface and if you are cleaning your face daily, you are not responsible for your skin's blackheads.

Where are the Most Common Places to Get Blackheads?

Blackheads are most common on your face, specifically on your nose and the sides of your nose. But some people get blackheads in other places, such as on their ears, shoulders and on their back, though whiteheads and blackheads can form anywhere there is a hair follicle.

How Can I Get Rid of Blackheads I Currently Have?

The key to getting rid of your black heads is unplugging the pores and dislodging the buildup. While it might be tempting squeeze it out, it's not something that we recommend. Your fingers have oils and dirt on them which could cause further breakouts. Instead, let's look at product ingredients to look for.

Look for cleansers, exfoliators and acne products that contain salicylic acid, glycolic acid or benzoyl peroxide - or a combination of those. Products that include these ingredients loosen the dead skin cells that can get clogged in your hair follicles. These ingredients can literally help unplug the follicles. These chemical exfoliators are different than the grainy exfoliators. They work evenly and effectively without causing your face any irritation.

You can also carefully use products like Biore strips. (Or make your own pore strips) The key is to be gentle, not use them around the eyes and not use them daily.

After the Blackhead is Removed, Can I Close my Pores to Avoid Another Blackhead?

In short, no. Everyone has pores. Some people have larger pores than others, specifically people with oily skin, but we all have pores and pores do not open and close. You can, however, do your best to keep good care of your skin so they don't become clogged. Here are some tips to keep in mind when it comes to your face.

• Keep your hands off of your face. Whether you rest your head on your hands by habit or your sleep with your hands up to your face, the oils and dirt on your hands don't need to be on your face.
  • Check your phone. Take a look at your cellphone and I bet you see oil from your face. Clean your phone daily.
  • Lose the lid.If you wear a hat every day, specifically if you have oily skin, chances are good you're seeing blackheads and whiteheads on your forehead. Back off with the time you spend with a hat on your head.

Long-Term Care

As we noted above, using products with chemical exfoliators will help unclog your pores. (See our list of 9 blackhead treatment products.) Used on a regular basis, you will see improvement in your skin. Remember that a Dermatologist is always a good person to visit, especially if your blackhead situation is severe. Dermatologists can prescribe stronger exfoliators than what you can buy over the counter and can provide in-office skin treatments for you, such as facial peels.

Edited by nekamarie83 - Mar 02 2014 at 2:05pm
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 2:13pm
I love this!!

My face gets really dry in the winter time and this helped me out Heart
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon