Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Random Skin Thoughts Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 101>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.46  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 8:12am
Checking in should I try this black soap sample I was sent
Sponsored Links

ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 8:45am
Oooooh Neka, I think I love you for that mango butter inspiration!

I love everything about mangos. Not a big fan of citrus-y smells, but you definitely inspired me to research something without the citrus.

I wanna smell like mangosfor the spring and summer.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 9:23am
ugh, i have eczema scars on my lower legs i need to get rid of before summer
I've been using Lika's papaya soap and so far so good.

I've even been getting adult acne out the blue that has left a few dark marks. I've never had acne other than the one occasional period pimple every once in a while. Now i wont leave the house with out full face make up Cry
I dont wanna risk the papaya soap on my face but these dark marks gotta go Disapprove
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 9:27am
Random skin thought: The shade and defensiveness goes both ways I see.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 9:52am
Originally posted by sweet_n_stuff04 sweet_n_stuff04 wrote:

I like the salux bath cloths. I got mine from amazon, but you could get them from the official website.
hmmmmmmm!! i like that they're looong and can be stretched across the back. i'll see if i can find some local. thanks, sweet!!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 9:54am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

I wanna smell like mangosfor the spring and summer.
now that is an awesome goal!! LOL  i love mangoes too; they're just so good!! i come across any more mango skin stuffs, i'll be sure to post em. 
Butta Cookie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butta Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 9:57am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

ugh, i have eczema scars on my lower legs i need to get rid of before summer
I've been using Lika's papaya soap and so far so good.

I've even been getting adult acne out the blue that has left a few dark marks. I've never had acne other than the one occasional period pimple every once in a while. Now i wont leave the house with out full face make up Cry
I dont wanna risk the papaya soap on my face but these dark marks gotta go Disapprove

Eanaj where did you get that soap? I've been using that orange soap Kojai (sp) and it's been lighting it a little bit. I have the same scars on my lower legs too. I wear pants year round because of it.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 10:01am
Mint Chocolate Whipped Body Butter
IMG_2596

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of organic cocoa butter 

1/2 cup organic mango or shea butter. You can also substitute another
1/2 cup cocoa butter. It will be a smidge less “light” when whipped up,
but it is amazing!

1/2 cup coconut oil 

1/2 cup of jojoba or a mild olive oil. Almond oil can also be used but
it will decrease shelf life because it is more vulnerable to oxidation. 

1-2 teaspoons peppermint essential oil, depending on preference 

2 tablespoons pure cocoa or cacao powder. If you would prefer a
“white chocolate” version that is not a bronzer, substitute arrowroot
powder or non-GMO cornstarch.

2 teaspoons naturally derived vitamin E, optional 

How To Make Whipped Body Butter:

Prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with ice and fitting a smaller bowl inside. The inside bowl needs to be able to hold at least 4-5 cups of liquid.
Using a double boiler or a pot of boiling water with a smaller pot fitted inside, melt cocoa butter and mango butter over a low simmer.
Add coconut oil and melt until completely liquid.
Remove cocoa butter/coconut oil mixture from heat.
Measure 5 teaspoons of cocoa powder into a small bowl and gradually add several tablespoons of jojoba/almond/olive oil. Mix thoroughly and then add to cocoa butter/coconut oil mixture along with remaining jojoba/almond/olive oil.
Place mixture in chilled bowl (which should still be resting above the ice bowl) and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Remove mixture from ice bath and whip until stiff peaks form. If after a few minutes it does not seem to be thickening return the bowl to the ice bath and whip there.
Store in an airtight jar – Amber or cobalt are best but a clear jar is fine if kept out of direct sunlight (which promotes oxidation).

A Few Notes: 

This recipe contains no preservatives, but the oils and butters themselves have been selected because they are naturally antimicrobial. Cold-pressed, high quality oils are recommended as lower quality oils can go rancid quickly. Assuming quality oils are used this body butter can be expected to stay fresh at room temp between 3-6 months without the optional Vitamin E. With the Vitamin E it can stay fresh for up to a year. Always use clean hands when scooping out a little whipped decadence!

If this butter is stored in a very warm environment it will melt. No fear, though, just chill and re-whip into decadent body care goodness!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 11:56am
Tropical Facial Peel

by Julie Gabriel, holistic nutritionist and author of “Green Beauty Recipes: Easy Homemade Recipes to Make Your Own Natural and Organic Skincare, Hair Care, and Body Care Products

Juicy papayas and mangoes are packed with beautifying vitamins A and C, which are essential for resilient (aka, younger-looking) skin. Plus, by adding a dash of lemon juice to this recipe, those nasty blotches on your face won’t stand a chance, says Gabriel.

Ingredients:
½ fresh papaya
½ fresh mango
¼ fresh lemon
1 teaspoon corn starch

Directions:
Peel, seed and cut papaya and mango into chunks. Cut the lemon in chunks leaving the skin on. Blend all fruit in a food processor until smooth. Add the cornstarch to thicken. Apply a thick layer on your face, neck and chest areas. Leave for 12-15 minutes and rinse off. You can use the remaining puree to make a smoothie, but you need to reserve enough fruit before adding the corn starch. Store for no more than one day in the refrigerator.

Read more: http://www.youbeauty.com/skin/tropical-facial-peel#ixzz2upTcOu5g 
Follow us: @youbeauty on Twitter

Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

Checking in should I try this black soap sample I was sent
Yassss great for your body
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon